6ft 400lbs vs 6ft 175lbs!

mubanker99

Addicted to Softballfans
Just a little training video we took yesterday. Give this a try!

Last edited by a moderator:

the kid

Addicted to Softballfans
Get your ass down! You keep rounding your back like that, its going to lead to disaster..........

grubd

Banned User
tire looks like it weighs more than 175lbs.

I would ballpark it about this. I have never weighed those type tires but have used them and they do not come to anywhere near 400 pounds.

Still I have used them before and that is impressive cardio work, good job!

Lifting with all back, not legs. Be cautious.

His form is fine, you don't have to get down in some ridiculous position like a safety training video for a plant job or McDonalds.

Fro Joe

Snowden is a hero.
I'd suggest going wider so you don't risk a bicep tear.

Last edited by a moderator:

grubd

Banned User
Get your ass down! You keep rounding your back like that, its going to lead to disaster..........

I would be more concerned with tearing a bicep. You don't want to lift straight up when working with tires, you want your arms to the side and pushing through as you bring it up.

Watch on youtube elitefts.com How to Flip a Tire, and it will show you great form for when you get into a heavier/bigger tire.

Fro Joe

Snowden is a hero.
Kudos to the OP. Tire flipping is fun and they are great tools that you can get for free. Also great for sledgehammer work. I need to weigh mine to see how heavy it is.

grubd

Banned User
Kudos to the OP. Tire flipping is fun and they are great tools that you can get for free. Also great for sledgehammer work. I need to weigh mine to see how heavy it is.

I also wonder what the actual % of weight you have off the ground at any time is as well. Obviously you're not cleaning and have nothing left touching the ground.

Fro Joe

Snowden is a hero.
I also wonder what the actual % of weight you have off the ground at any time is as well. Obviously you're not cleaning and have nothing left touching the ground.

My guess is somewhere between half and 2/3rds. It's harder than dead lifting comparable loads, because it's so low.

mubanker99

Addicted to Softballfans
These tires are at the gym. We have 3 of these big guys and one smaller thicker one that's 250 lbs. I flip the smaller one 80 times, and this big one only 30 times. It's a good overall workout! I'll have to work on that ATG and wider stance and grip tonight.

Camp

Giving Bitches Complexes
Did 600lb flips x52 for a burnout. Worst day of my life. Our tire was wider and shorter than this so the weight wasn't so bad. The tall tires are the rough