6th Annual Swinging Bunt Super Draft Tournament (April 27-29)

kingaj99

Got hits?
I've been involved in every bunt. This one went very well. I apologize for anyone who didn't have fun. This isn't a normal cash payout tourney. They run the tourney. Get donations, raffle them off. Get the food and drink, and sell it. All for CHARITY. Glad tose people are worried about stats and not how their money helped others.

Good playing ball with you sir :D

thejuggster

Dying of WTP Disease
Very awesome tourney again Swinging Bunt crew. Hill family thoroughly enjoyed the trip and the softball. Mel just said few minutes ago that she has lived and played softball in Indiana for 7 years now and she feels more at home and comfortable playing with our IL neighbors. I agree with her 100%.

Now for the weather...time for Mother Nature to not have her time of the month when this tourney plays lol! Maybe do what they did for the Halloween tourney, move it out a week or two.

As for live stats, oh I REALLY REALLY didnt want to see my stats. My hitting was so pitiful, been a really long time since I struggled that much. But very cool addition to a tourney, first time I have ever seen a full tourney to see live scoreboard.

dozen A+'s for the Swinging Bunt crew.

jfultz23

The Veteran
Very awesome tourney again Swinging Bunt crew. Hill family thoroughly enjoyed the trip and the softball. Mel just said few minutes ago that she has lived and played softball in Indiana for 7 years now and she feels more at home and comfortable playing with our IL neighbors. I agree with her 100%.

Now for the weather...time for Mother Nature to not have her time of the month when this tourney plays lol! Maybe do what they did for the Halloween tourney, move it out a week or two.

As for live stats, oh I REALLY REALLY didnt want to see my stats. My hitting was so pitiful, been a really long time since I struggled that much. But very cool addition to a tourney, first time I have ever seen a full tourney to see live scoreboard.

Had a great time playing with ya this weekend Brian Sorry you had to sit and watch Mel play longer

jfultz23

The Veteran
I've been involved in every bunt. This one went very well. I apologize for anyone who didn't have fun. This isn't a normal cash payout tourney. They run the tourney. Get donations, raffle them off. Get the food and drink, and sell it. All for CHARITY. Glad tose people are worried about stats and not how their money helped others.

Well said Shell like Dusty said if people are worried about their stats they are in the wrong tournament Everyone needs to keep in ind this tournament is for the kids and raising as much money for them as possible, I have been to every bunt and Dusty and his crew seem to find a way to up the ante every year and this year was no exception

jshell73

Far from Normal
Good playing ball with you sir :D

Thanks. Was great to meet aboard bro. But I'm old and slow and unlike others I could care less about stats. It was a fun day and if it wasn't for Kevbo and his hilarous Team Mayonaisse stuff we may have folded early.

Thepiehouse

Funny saying
Board bros.

It was a good time. Thanks to everyone involved who did a great job.

Now if only I could have thrown strikes. F pitching!

Sixes

K C C O
No, F mat ball.

I would gladly kick in another $15-$20 buck registration if It meant we have real umps and no friggin mat. It takes a lot away from pitching and the strategery that goes with it. :D

kingaj99

Got hits?

Mel is good peeps, played on a team with her last year... can't remember if it was Washko's or Belly's lol

Thanks. Was great to meet aboard bro. But I'm old and slow and unlike others I could care less about stats. It was a fun day and if it wasn't for Kevbo and his hilarous Team Mayonaisse stuff we may have folded early.

He brought it all together but you did some great pitching. Add some great defense and hitting and we just had it going lol. :D:cool:

kingaj99

Got hits?
Board bros.

Good to see you come down for this, hopefully we'll see you back next year too.

No, F mat ball.

I would gladly kick in another $15-$20 buck registration if It meant we have real umps and no friggin mat. It takes a lot away from pitching and the strategery that goes with it. :D

Mat takes away from strike zone issues. That is gtg :D

Thepiehouse

Funny saying
I can't count how many times I said "f that mat" in our last game that mat was about the size of a rat trap. Just gets in your head.

No problemo AJ. It was fun. Nothing like hitting a golf ball with a strong wind behind ya.

JSkillz23

Secret Santa Terrorist
No, F mat ball.

It worked for you. You struck me out in the first game! But i don't think the strike out pitch went above my waist. And the volunteer ump called it cuz it hit the mat! lol

Hawkeye92

OG Midget Mafia
Board bros.

I can't believe I went the whole weekend without seeing you Johnny. I wish we were in the same pool. I guess with 280 players this year it's hard to see all the board bros.

kerrdog79

Addicted to Softballfans
I can't count how many times I said "f that mat" in our last game that mat was about the size of a rat trap. Just gets in your head.

No problemo AJ. It was fun. Nothing like hitting a golf ball with a strong wind behind ya.

The other half of us couldn't pitch without a mat? Now how do I go about getting a Piehouse jersey?

redbirdfan1

Focker
Great tourney as always. The people upstairs did a fine job learning how to use the scoring ap and keeping track of the scores. I'm not there for stats, I'm there for a great cause and to meet, play with, & against some really really good ball players from all over.....Oh, and you to Kurs76.

Thepiehouse

Funny saying
I can't believe I went the whole weekend without seeing you Johnny. I wish we were in the same pool. I guess with 280 players this year it's hard to see all the board bros.
I saw you take a walk as I was leaving on saturday. I had my 10 month with me so I couldn't hang out and talk.
The other half of us couldn't pitch without a mat? Now how do I go about getting a Piehouse jersey?

We changed our colors and jerseys this season. Tbone300+ was wearing our white one on Saturday.

What number you wear? I got about 25 #42 jerseys. I even wore two of our limited edition ones this weekend. So limited only I have 1.
Pinstripes and the blackout

kerrdog79

Addicted to Softballfans
I saw you take a walk as I was leaving on saturday. I had my 10 month with me so I couldn't hang out and talk.

We changed our colors and jerseys this season. Tbone300+ was wearing our white one on Saturday.

What number you wear? I got about 25 #42 jerseys. I even wore two of our limited edition ones this weekend. So limited only I have 1.
Pinstripes and the blackout

I normally wear #5 but 42 works if you got it in something that fits my 3x petite needs :)

Papasteve

Addicted to Softballfans
Another great tourney. I'll be making my way down from WI again next year. Hopefully everyone made it home safe. I know I got caught in a monsoon just north of Lasalle. Cant wait for next year

Frozenrope88

Addicted to Softballfans
honestly the whole stats thing is being taken wrong. this was my 4th year and i am here to have fun, meet people, help a good cause, and play a sport i absolutely love to play. i really appreciate the thought and effort that was put into the stat keeping. and i love playing with you all and i donate as much as i can. just was a thought that if its gonna be done that it could be accurate. i would be more then willing to help anyway i can.

old and slow? milford is not that far away and we need crafty and fast:)

thejuggster

Dying of WTP Disease
Had a great time playing with ya this weekend Brian Sorry you had to sit and watch Mel play longer

only had to watch 1/2 inning of her game Sunday, her team had 9am game and they lost. So we packed the kiddos up and haul butt back to IN. Was great playing with you, Was fun watching gappers go between us and both of us staring at each other like "thats yours" lol.

Mel is good peeps, played on a team with her last year... can't remember if it was Washko's or Belly's lol

yeah Mel good peeps. It was Belly's team. She hit pretty good this year, I think she hit better than me. :eek:

Kurs76

Livin' the Dream
Great tourney as always. The people upstairs did a fine job learning how to use the scoring ap and keeping track of the scores. I'm not there for stats, I'm there for a great cause and to meet, play with, & against some really really good ball players from all over.....Oh, and you to Kurs76.

Yeah I am gonna have to take it a little easier on the drinking next year....maybe...probably not. It was good great time! Except when that guy paid the other guy to punch me in the nuts a Pub 2. That was rough. Oh yeah mistake number one giving me a phone number!

copper1150

DO OVER!!!
Yeah I am gonna have to take it a little easier on the drinking next year....maybe...probably not. It was good great time! Except when that guy paid the other guy to punch me in the nuts a Pub 2. That was rough. Oh yeah mistake number one giving me a phone number!

Yeah I regretted that decision after I almost threw up from getting punched in the nuts....lessons learned at pub2 lessons learned.....:D

jfultz23

The Veteran
only had to watch 1/2 inning of her game Sunday, her team had 9am game and they lost. So we packed the kiddos up and haul butt back to IN. Was great playing with you, Was fun watching gappers go between us and both of us staring at each other like "thats yours" lol.

yeah Mel good peeps. It was Belly's team. She hit pretty good this year, I think she hit better than me. :eek:

At least there weren't to many gappers betwee us and I'm not even going to comment on the batting thing ;)

BigMatt

Addicted to Softballfans

Your throws to first we not much better. My head still hurts.

Bromo32

Pirates of the Palms
Had a great time at my first bunt. Will definitely be back again. It's was great putting some faces to names.

redbirdfan1

Focker
damn..I'd have tossed in some money for that cause

Sixes

K C C O
holy crap was the drive home last night horrible.

windy as a motherfugger and some nasty construction.

i really want to punch whoever told us that was a better route right in the BAG.

my heart was racing for most of Iowa city. pretty sure we almost died twice.

1st: almost got run off the road by a logging truck.

2nd: had a Semi fish tail in front of us.

3rd: we saw this truck go out of control. messed stuff up quite a bit yesterday

http://easterniowanewsnow.com/2012/04/29/i80-in-iowa-city-back-open-after-semi-crash/

0430_IOW_I80SEMICRASH01-560x342.jpg

011-560x420.jpg

pretty sure RodeoClown's heart stopped at least twice. old fuggers heart can't handle that ish