7/3 Co-ed Lineup

Lynn

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm coaching a 7-3 co-ed team this year. We can player 7 guys & 3 girls or 8 & 4 if we use the extra hitter. I've been spacing my girls out in the 3, 6, 9, & 12 spots in the lineup. Other teams seem to be making the top of their lineup with their guys. For those of you who have played 7-3 co-ed, what are the best slots to bat the girls in the lineup?

On my team last season we had them hitting 2,8,10. The girl that hit second was really good and hit as hard as some guys did.

I'm coaching a 7-3 co-ed team this year. We can player 7 guys & 3 girls or 8 & 4 if we use the extra hitter. I've been spacing my girls out in the 3, 6, 9, & 12 spots in the lineup. Other teams seem to be making the top of their lineup with their guys. For those of you who have played 7-3 co-ed, what are the best slots to bat the girls in the lineup?

Never played this before. Wish our co-ed league would go to this format :). Although it doesn't sound like it would actually play like co-ed at that point.

jcarro22

Part Time Player
get good girls and you will run the games dont pick up the girls because they look good and have a nice ass make sure they can play i have had some girls on my team that can hit better than some of the men. dont say where do i put them because they are girls look at how they hit and place them

tbatti

Addicted to Softballfans
7/3. Nice when you have 10 batter wrap around only 1 female hits out of 7 batters.

1. M
2. M
3. F
4. M
5. M
6. M
7. F
8. M
9. F
10.M

8/4 Lineup:
1. M
2. M
3. F
4. M
5. M
6. M
7. M
8. F
9. M
10. F
11. M
12. F

HAVOC34

NorCal COMbatant
If a guy walks with a female after him, does he get 2 bases? If so then put a female after the 3 most likely guys to walk. Or behind the most likely guys to hit for extra bases.

RightSideHitter

Addicted to Softballfans
I would put a fast good female hitter 2nd. One that doesn't mind walking if your leadoff guy walks. Other than that, unless they can hit well, put them towards the bottom. If you have a guy that walks a lot at the bottom, put a girl behind him.

2 things I always remember when making a lineup. The top of the order usually gets more ABs than the bottom. And you score runs by bunching hits together.

midnite6

Addicted to Softballfans
I have had really good success withbatting the girls 2, 7, and 9. My #2 girls is a good bat with decent speed. My 7 and 9 are decent bats but very smart and dont mind walking. We are not a team of mashers and win alot with good team play, good defense, which all the girls are, smart at bats and stringing hits together.

tbatti

Addicted to Softballfans
In 7/3 you should never hit a girl #2 IMO. She'll never hit better than the guy at #2 and you want the first 2 guys to get in the most AB and get the momentum rolling to start the game.

The other poster who said 6, 8, and 10 has some substance as well but you rarely see it.

Last edited:

SteveO.

I want your RD28's!
In 7/3 you should never hit a girl #2 IMO. She'll never hit better than the guy at #2 and you want the first 2 guys to get in the most AB and get the momentum rolling to start the game.

The other poster who said 6, 8, and 10 has some substance as well you rarely see it.

The problem is that the girls always whine about it. Remember last year when I batted 7 guys and then the girls after? Talk about crying! If you truly want your best hitters to get the most AB's, put the girls at the bottom. If your girls are better than your guys, you need new guys.

Personally, to keep the peace, I'd put the ladies at 4, 8 and 10 with your best male batter at #3. Clean-up doesn't mean as much in co-ed and I'd put my power guys at 3, 5 and 9.

tjsully47

He hates these cans !!
On my team we play 3,7 and 9 for the girls but I'm liking the idea of the girl fourth . I may try that . Our girl who hits three is a lefty who pulls the ball and she is fast so that helps great at avoiding the DP . Also it means she is always hitting behind the rumners another asset if you have a lefty hitting girl