A.D. Star Guru versus Trump Guru

cfamanager

Prestige Worldwide
Just got me some new A.D. Star and trump guru's. Excited about hitting them against one another.

000_0037.jpg

Winter

Wh¥ bÊ nÖrM@L ?¡!¿
That will be a good match up. Please let us know your findings. :)

Last edited:

kweiss

Addicted to Softballfans
If you can, please let us know how they compare against the likes of Dudleys and Evil ASAs. Thanks!

GodWhySB

Addicted to Softballfans
They are better than other Asa balls. Even the evil ball. The proble
I have with the evil ball is the raised seams. Both of these balls have much flatter seams and are consistently at the same distance as my TA's.

BASSFAN07

Swinging for the trees!!!
They are better than other Asa balls. Even the evil ball. The proble
I have with the evil ball is the raised seams. Both of these balls have much flatter seams and are consistently at the same distance as my TA's.

I seriously doubt they are even close to the same distance as your t/a's.....If they were, they would have told Jim and trump, and now Jim and ADStarr, to stop making them like they told dudley about the t/a's.

T/A's>MCT's>everything else

zhardinger65

John 14:6
I got some ad starr gurus and trump evils. They performed about the same but now after about 20 hits the evil ball has 3 flat spots on it. Guru ball with same amount of hits on it is flying further than the now deformed evil ball, and is as hard as it was out of the wrapper.

I'm very pleased with the ad starr guru ball, and I'm definitely a customer of ad starr

Last edited:

cfamanager

Prestige Worldwide
They hit about the same as far as distance. I just swung my new salvo. All I can say is holy crap that Bat is nasty

either ball from guru is a great ball to hit.i have hit both and would have no prol using either one,tho trump will no longer produce the guru as he has taken his ball to AD starr.well the evil ball is nothing more than a trump ball with evil on it,and buggs had nothing to do with the ball except put his name on it.

zhardinger65

John 14:6
either ball from guru is a great ball to hit.i have hit both and would have no prol using either one,tho trump will no longer produce the guru as he has taken his ball to AD starr.well the evil ball is nothing more than a trump ball with evil on it,and buggs had nothing to do with the ball except put his name on it.

oh snap...you are going to get buggs on a defensive rant for sure now...in for the ensuing brawl of words between buggs and the tattoo guy.

hacker72

Addicted to Softballfans

And with this comment you must think that the Guru ball is nothing but an AD Starr with the GURU name on it or even before that just another Trump ball with the Guru name.

Softballs are like bats they tweak them enough to make it different therefore being able to sell it as a different ball allbeit just a name or whatever. So if Evil is just a Trump ball with Evil stamped on it then Guru must be a AD Starr ball with Guru stamped on it. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.:rolleyes:

And with this comment you must think that the Guru ball is nothing but an AD Starr with the GURU name on it or even before that just another Trump ball with the Guru name.

Softballs are like bats they tweak them enough to make it different therefore being able to sell it as a different ball allbeit just a name or whatever. So if Evil is just a Trump ball with Evil stamped on it then Guru must be a AD Starr ball with Guru stamped on it. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.:rolleyes:

basically,yes.the guru had a different cover then evil did tho.just tell me what can you really do to a ball that will make it different and still keep it assoc legal.kevin did all the work with the balls,not buggs.just get tired of buggs telling everyone how he is the great innovator,when kevin did the work.

hacker72

Addicted to Softballfans
basically,yes.the guru had a different cover then evil did tho.just tell me what can you really do to a ball that will make it different and still keep it assoc legal.kevin did all the work with the balls,not buggs.just get tired of buggs telling everyone how he is the great innovator,when kevin did the work.

There is only so much they can do to the ball, I understand that. But by the cover, stitching, type of materials they use, you can get difference performance out of each.

I am aware of Bobby's and Kevin prowess regarding the balls. I am also aware of their current ongoing spat. Everybody is trying to make a buck in the business. I am sure companies have BORROWED other companies ideas in production regarding many things, including softballs.

hacker72

Addicted to Softballfans
Where can you get these from?

If you are looking for the AD Starr Guru ball pm Tattooball on here or Jim Cary, if you are looking for Trump Guru balls, good luck there may be some floating around but I doubt it. I dont thin Anac0ndasports has anymore either, of the Trump version.

NITF

Addicted to Softballfans

I would say this is true. Same as Ford/Lincoln/Mercury or Chevrolet/GMC selling almost the exact same car/truck but with slightly different badging or styling and marketed differently. I think anyone would be able to contact an existing ball manufacturer and negotiate a deal to purchase a bulk quantity of balls with special markings at wholesale prices to market and sell them in ways that they see fit. I am guessing that the Combat and Reebok balls were manufactured through a similar bargain with some existing company.

Just like many other things being marketed today there are often zero differences in the end product other than the label and the advertising so I would expect that an objective performance analysis of the Evil, Trump, and Guru ball would result in all of them being within manufacturing tolerance of each other. The choice of cover material could be a personal preference for each person and have pros/cons that for a particular usage may tilt one way or the other which is where you could carve out a niche and focus your sales there.

TheBatman42

No more MV1 Threads!
Glad to see this thread is here. Any updates on how the Starr Guru ASA is performing?

I just picked up the last half dozen locally. Our local league is allowing those stupid Baden Fire Balls and selling them at the park. While they do fly, you have to catch them clean. There's some local drama over these things being mis-stamped senior/stadium balls.

Country35

Banned User

troof being told right there