A real challenge

4xtra

Player/Coach
Country, it is not that serious.
If you are BB or not it really doesnt matter. It really doesnt.
I have bought PLENTY of Evil balls and I have no issue with them at all.
It is amazing that a grown azz man would get that upset about softballs.
I play a ton of ASA and it really doesnt even matter what ball is in play.

Last edited:

4xtra

Player/Coach
Unless Bobby has a split personality disorder, I'd have to say they're cut from a different cloth. Or else he's one hell of an actor.

truth be told,
there is another active guy on here who has a 2 accounts and they come across as 2 completely different personalities.
YOU KNOW WHO HE IS......Trust me, you do.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
truth be told,
there is another active guy on here who has a 2 accounts and they come across as 2 completely different personalities.
YOU KNOW WHO HE IS......Trust me, you do.

Yes, and they (both) resort to name calling like a couple of liberals.

dunkky

i would have never imagined we would be talking about split personalities in a softball forum.

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
They're mandating Gray Dots to AVOID a HR derby?
Your season must start in July and end in August.

When we were still using Gray Dots we were using 2004-stamped ASA bats. I couldn't imagine hitting them (or Classic M's) with new utrip bats on a cold day.

And besides jumping off the bat faster, those balls hurt so much more. We still use .40/400's and .44/375's in our wood bat league. I'd rather take a screaming one-hopper off the ankle with a .52 than a 3-hop dribbler with a Gray Dot.

Funny you should mention safety....we have been trying to get our LD to change the softballs but they are hooked into a 3 year contract. The LD said and I quote, "we are not going to change the softballs as we are going to continue to use the "SAFE" softballs for our league play". So they know the softballs are mush and they aren't willing to change. So if we want to get the better softballs we will have to buy them ourselves.

I dont like mush balls but would rather use them and allow double wall bats then use 44 COr and single wall. I been smacked in the back of the head so many times that I can tell you a 44 Cor puts me down and out while a 52 lets me get up and shake the webs off, even stay in the game.
I tried really hard to explain to local LDs in our Senior leagues that we need to switch, even go to a Clincher type ball, especially after you turn 60/65 as your eyes and reaction times slow down. Yea, not a great ball to hit, but at least you can play all out and not worry about serious injury from the ball. And for Gods sake, please let me use any other bat but a one piece single wall. I would be happy with my composite handle Nano Alpha, Omega, Raw Steel, or even better, my Rocketecks, ESTs and Techzilla double walls.

jhitman

I dont like mush balls but would rather use them and allow double wall bats then use 44 COr and single wall. I been smacked in the back of the head so many times that I can tell you a 44 Cor puts me down and out while a 52 lets me get up and shake the webs off, even stay in the game.
I tried really hard to explain to local LDs in our Senior leagues that we need to switch, even go to a Clincher type ball, especially after you turn 60/65 as your eyes and reaction times slow down. Yea, not a great ball to hit, but at least you can play all out and not worry about serious injury from the ball. And for Gods sake, please let me use any other bat but a one piece single wall. I would be happy with my composite handle Nano Alpha, Omega, Raw Steel, or even better, my Rocketecks, ESTs and Techzilla double walls.

In the Spring of 2019 they are going to go to pitching nets so am hoping with that they will change back to the 44 cor softballs but I doubt it. At least we can still use the USSSA or ASA composite bats with that ball. Anything is better than those single wall aluminum bats.

Hiltz

Built for comfort
And for Gods sake, please let me use any other bat but a one piece single wall. I would be happy with my composite handle Nano Alpha, Omega, Raw Steel, or even better, my Rocketecks, ESTs and Techzilla double walls.

At least we can still use the USSSA or ASA composite bats with that ball. Anything is better than those single wall aluminum bats.

I have more aluminum bats than composite and there are no aluminum leagues in the area. I like taking bp with them and breaking them out in games just to see people react to the sound.

I'd actually prefer if our leagues went back to aluminum, or even pure singlewall. I think they strike a perfect balance between safety and performance.

blakcherry329

??? in the Back of the head???
The ball really shouldn't matter, as far as the enjoyment of the game. Softball is softball. Clincher Golds would be a viable option. They are one step down from 52/300s, imo. They definitely fly pretty well. Very underrated ball.
Seniors shouldn't use anything but 52/300s or Clinchers, imo.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
LOL because Right Wingers never resort to name calling. :rolleyes:o_O:confused: Can we please keep this a Politics-free Zone? (not that I don't agree with you)
I'm pretty sure using liberal in that context is name calling, but i agree, we'll save that for the lounge.

jhitman

I have more aluminum bats than composite and there are no aluminum leagues in the area. I like taking bp with them and breaking them out in games just to see people react to the sound.

I'd actually prefer if our leagues went back to aluminum, or even pure singlewall. I think they strike a perfect balance between safety and performance.

The only thing that I have against the aluminum bats, especially with the better/harder softballs is the denting of the bats.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member

I would just like it as an option. Our leagues are pretty lax on rosters, so you could pick up a few younger guys to try the format out for a game or two. I could pick up for a game of composites if I wanted to, etc. It would be a win win, especially if we could get the really good players to buy in to it.

??? in the Back of the head???
The ball really shouldn't matter, as far as the enjoyment of the game. Softball is softball. Clincher Golds would be a viable option. They are one step down from 52/300s, imo. They definitely fly pretty well. Very underrated ball.
Seniors shouldn't use anything but 52/300s or Clinchers, imo.

I hope he means as a runner.

Hiltz

Built for comfort
The only thing that I have against the aluminum bats, especially with the better/harder softballs is the denting of the bats.

Yeah, some models are real easy to triangle. Singlewall + .52's is a nice combo. You get the added safety along with bat longevity.