A1k

Hanovi

Desperados Softball
How much smaller are the openings compared to a normal A2000?
Will they fit an adult or are they made for kids?

Podo

"JewDoe"
It's just a lower end leather and product all together than a a2000. Not a kids glove though per-say.

Vizslahunter

Addicted to Softballfans
I would say it's a high end kids glove. I can't fit my hand in the opening of my son's 11.5". Although if you wear SM or MED batting gloves you probably could use the glove. For the adults I'd say spend the extra $40-50 and get an A2000.

Podo

"JewDoe"
We'll there u go ^^^^^^! I were medium batting gloves and have no problem fitting into a a1000 so.... That and viz is talking about a 11.5" compared to the 12.5" or 12.75" I had at one time.

Podo

"JewDoe"
I'd try and go to a local sporting goods store and try some on if ur just not sure. Otherwise to be safe go a2000

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
I was just at an even with a Wilson rep who had both A1ks and A2000s. I could not discern a quality difference, but the A1Ks were too small for my size L hand.

And BTW, the DP15 and 1786 seem to be identical except for the reduced heel pad and the tightened button lap.

BigTexCowboy

Professional Bull Milker
I agree with Rous. Not a difference in leather quality. Just opening size. I like them for my small hands

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
They made them for smaller hands I think the leather is decent, looked at them a couple months ago.

dychen

Phoenix SuperDraft
I'd say they were kids gloves too. My 10 yr old uses a 11.5" a1000 and it fits him perfectly.

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
Thinking back, I think they did have the A1K gloves laced to the tighter holes on the button lap. I can't believe that is the only difference, but I now wonder how it would have felt had I been able to get my hand in the glove.

leadoff2

Manager
So, are the finger stalls supposed to be smaller on the A1Ks as they were on the A2000 showcase models? I know the wrist opening is smaller obviously.

Hanovi

Desperados Softball
I heard that the finger stalls were smaller. I have big hands long fingers and little wrists so I worried. I couldnt find one around here to try it on so I passed on it but they do look nice for the price.

Wupang

530sports.net
The A1K is modeled after Dustin Pedroia, who has a small hand. Wrist opening is small and finger stalls are a bit smaller, but not by much. I got one and it was away to small for my fat hawaiian hand, but my buddy that is 5'5" bought it and fits him perfectly!! This would be a great glove for a 12-18 yr old also!! Hope that helps