A2000 vs. Rawlings HOH

MPT23

Putting on the foil
Long time lurker guys. So i bought a 13.5 a2000 ( last years ) and i have a nwt 13" rawlings hoh. For those of you who have owned both, what do you feel are the pros and cons of which you prefer. I know it will boil down to which i like best. Just looking for some insight guys. Thanks in advance.

WillW3

Starting Player
You answered your own question. I like both for different reasons. A2000 broke in easier for me, but if you like a flare, the pinky can be stubborn. I prefer the leather on Rawlings as well as finger stall size. In my case, I preferred the 1799 over the PRO303 pattern. I have the Pro1000-SBF 13” HOH, and it’s a great pattern. Wilson’s slow pitch patterns are nice though. I’d like to have another one.

NYC

Swag on 100.
Long time lurker guys. So i bought a 13.5 a2000 ( last years ) and i have a nwt 13" rawlings hoh. For those of you who have owned both, what do you feel are the pros and cons of which you prefer. I know it will boil down to which i like best. Just looking for some insight guys. Thanks in advance.
A member on here who relaced 1,500 gloves says that A2000 leather isn't as durable as HOH.

Swinging Bunt

Addicted to Softballfans
A member on here who relaced 1,500 gloves says that A2000 leather isn't as durable as HOH.
Unless the same guy broke in all 1,500+ gloves (and used them all under similar conditions), that's a pretty irresponsible glove advice/statement to make. That's like going to a junk yard and determining what is best (without knowing what happened and how something got there).

There are guys on here that have broken in (and more importantly gamed) a lot of their gloves to give a more accurate opinion on durability. Post pics of your gloves.

OP, there are a lot of factors as to how the glove leather holds up with their durability. A bigger factor is the user. Frequency of use, break in method, field conditions (turf vs dirt and infield vs outfield), storage/bag practices, conditioning, sweaty hands, overall handling, etc. all play a role. An A2000 or HOH can last any softball career with just basic maintenance. So if you're on the A2000/HOH level, just choose what you like best (except never pick the Dual Core featherlite black if HOH).

Swinging Bunt

Addicted to Softballfans
No, i have the brick red/ black model from last year
With the exception of the SBF small run from last year (all OT leather) and the 'Merica CL22, I think all the 13"+ A2000's had the superskin. Superskin is one of those features people really hate or love. It's advertised as being lighter and more durable than regular leather (and pretty much is necessary to offset the added weight of the extra length of the 13"+). The trouble with the larger A2000's will be the handstall fit (Wilson seems like they have the fat sausage fingered DH/catcher in mind) although the latest version of the SP135 (the dual H-web) has the smaller 4 loop stall opening.

MPT23

Putting on the foil
With the exception of the SBF small run from last year (all OT leather) and the 'Merica CL22, I think all the 13"+ A2000's had the superskin. Superskin is one of those features people really hate or love. It's advertised as being lighter and more durable than regular leather (and pretty much is necessary to offset the added weight of the extra length of the 13"+). The trouble with the larger A2000's will be the handstall fit (Wilson seems like they have the fat sausage fingered DH/catcher in mind) although the latest version of the SP135 (the dual H-web) has the smaller 4 loop stall opening.

Thanx