Adhesive Spray

rocketman98

Starting Player
I have seen several players, mostly high level, use adhesive spray while batting. Is this just preference, or does this help? Is this the same as using bat wax.

bomboi

Addicted to Softballfans
if applied to the barrel it will help a lot esp if you cut the ball...but that is also illegal

imo, 3m tears up your batting gloves where the seaweed wax doesn't...wax smells better too

jf2k4

<font color="#3300FF">Outstanding Good Dealer</fon
The same reason some MLB players use pine tar and some don't, it's personal preference.

Bat wax isn't as tacky/sticky as the spray, but it's the same concept.

jf2k4

if applied to the barrel it will help a lot esp if you cut the ball...but that is also illegal

imo, 3m tears up your batting gloves where the seaweed wax doesn't...wax smells better too

I really don't think it makes much of a difference on the barrel either.

stickywicky

Addicted to Softballfans
if you use it on the handle for grip no, same as bat wax.

spraying it on the barrel may or may not give you an advantage to help spin the ball. I really don't think it would but who knows. It could get the bat thrown out though.

rocketman98

Starting Player
I know it wont make you hit 400' bombs, but does it help you hit better. I know some of the times I get lazy with my swing and loosen up my grip when I swing. Will this help correct it?

jf2k4

You'll still be able to loosen your grip, but your gloves just adhere to grip/tape or whatever you have.

The only way to find out if it's better for you is to try it.

stickywicky

Addicted to Softballfans
it's not gunna stop you from loosening up your grip, it will help you have better grip on the handle. Try bat wax either kind the orginal or the black label. Picked some up this year it the stuff works great and smells better than what people say it already does. I looked like a window licker some times smelling my batting gloves and like said above it doesn't ruin batting gloves or grips of the bat at all.

Ferrari1

Addicted to Softballfans
i use it all the time for grip an i LOVE it! never had any issues with the tearing of gloves and i use the SPiderz pro model....to me its a great combo!

stickywicky

Addicted to Softballfans
i use it all the time for grip an i LOVE it! never had any issues with the tearing of gloves and i use the SPiderz pro model....to me its a great combo!

i used spray for the last 3-4 years and it seemed to dry my batting gloves out quickly. the spray seems to keep it's hold a little bit better over the corse of the game after the bat hits the ground and rolls on the infield but all you gotta do it rub a little wax and you're all set.

SYNERGY2

Manager
^^^Yep. Easton makes a nice pine tar stick that holds up pretty well. I have had one for the last few years and put some on prior to each at bat.

Some of the new pine tar that comes with the team applicators isn't nearly sticky enough.

jf2k4

i would bet u don't cut the ball, making your opinion mute

I don't really see how you could draw a conclusion either way.

But since I do I guess that makes my opinion valid.

quick23

Try the Loctite 100 & 200. I used the Seaweed in the past, but tried the Loctite just by chance and wont use anything else. It does cause a lil build up, but does not destroy your gloves like the 3m stuff.

fullsize.jpg

Jimmy34

Board Prick
There's not only one brand of BAT WAX out there...there's one in particular that has a lot of people talking and some big name players using it, it's super sticky and works better than 3M or pine tar, imho, just saying

vipvanilla

Addicted to Softballfans
just hold the bat. Pretty sure dudes on here have no problem holding on to their manhood without the use of spray adhesive. You have at least one hand holding the bat. What more do you need??

tsfingrocks

Average, at best
I use it on the bottom hand. I typically use spray just to get a better grip on the bat. Large chunk of my teammates use 3M spray as well. Just all do and prefer the grip. We dont need to but we prefer it. Used to have a guy who'd get us something called RAM-TAK and the bat would've unglue from our batting gloves, it was pretty funny watching guys trying to lose the bat out of the box sometimes.

chad783

Addicted to Softballfans
I have tried many different things to help keep the bat in the bottom hand. I drop my pinky so I need something to lock my bottom hand on the knob otherwise the bat might wind up in the stands. I used friction tape because pine tar would get dirt and rock in it and would be pain to clean up. So the friction tape worked out pretty good. I haven't tried the wax yet but I heard it is not as good as the spray. So I gave the spray a try in league and my hand was so locked in that it was hard to let go of the bat running to first. But I thought it was awesome! So I am using the spray this year. FYI...I don't use traditional batting gloves, I use Mechanix gloves.

jd81

Manager
I like the super 44 or 45, not quite as tacky as the 77, but just enough for a little extra grip. Makes your gloves nasty but I haven't had it tear or damage my gloves.