Afraid of not dying.

Nietzsche

Drowned God
Slopitch is full of guys under the illusion that tipping the scales at 240+ is healthy. Barring outliers even 215 lbs on any frame is pushing the upper limits on average articular capacities. Meaning those joint capsules in the spine, lumbar and knees are at their absolute limit at 215 lbs.

It isn't 'manly'.

It is unhealthy and delusional.

The cavalier obese dudes aren't afraid of dying....that said they should be terrified of not dying and having to survive and endure the agony of a few heart attacks, strokes, undergoing spinal surgery and being laid up in a hospital for months on end.

After working in this field one clear salient realization is apparent time and again (barring poor genetics or trauma) a clean diet comprises 80 percent of overall wellness.

Don't kid yourself. Eating at a buffet and then heading to the treadmill for a mile won't cut it.

Onefiver

Addicted to Softballfans
Do you think anyone is going to argue with you?

Wut? You don't find this so deep and insightful that you're now inspired to also get a mail-order degree in east asian voodoo medicine?? I think it even comes with a free bottle of dessicated tiger penis. :D

mcm21078

Addicted to Softballfans
I was told that as soon as I hit 240 all my warning track power shots would clear the fence.

KangarooNokona

Kangabilly
mmmm buffet, thanks for the suggestion. I was wondering what I was going to eat tonight before my game at 8 (i play catcher)

squirt

strokin and swingin
Slopitch is full of guys under the illusion that tipping the scales at 240+ is healthy. Barring outliers even 215 lbs on any frame is pushing the upper limits on average articular capacities. Meaning those joint capsules in the spine, lumbar and knees are at their absolute limit at 215 lbs.

It isn't 'manly'.

It is unhealthy and delusional.

The cavalier obese dudes aren't afraid of dying....that said they should be terrified of not dying and having to survive and endure the agony of a few heart attacks, strokes, undergoing spinal surgery and being laid up in a hospital for months on end.

After working in this field one clear salient realization is apparent time and again (barring poor genetics or trauma) a clean diet comprises 80 percent of overall wellness.

Don't kid yourself. Eating at a buffet and then heading to the treadmill for a mile won't cut it.

Are you telling me that you're going to stop holding me if I get too big? :(

Nietzsche

Drowned God
Cracks me up each time.

And yeah for those who don't 'believe' in holistic medicine....I straighten out diet first and foremost then go from there.

Nutrition = voodoo? Get educated bro.

DB15

Starting Player
Your idea of being afraid of not dying is kinda what motivated me to seriously persure a lifestyle change and knock weight off... In November I was at 385... The fattest and most unhappy I have ever been... This morning I weighed in at 318... Better but not yet near where I need to be... Prolly what hit me the most is when I thought that it might take another man to raise my future children... Just thought I'd add this to the conversation..

bigwignj

Addicted to Softballfans

As a personal trainer I tell all my clients this. Youcan lose weight without ever stepping foot into a gym, just by cleaning up your diet. The gym makes you look handsome and pretty as fuark though.

Onefiver

Addicted to Softballfans
Cracks me up each time.

And yeah for those who don't 'believe' in holistic medicine....I straighten out diet first and foremost then go from there.

Nutrition = voodoo? Get educated bro.

I was joking about our past sparring on things like homeopathic medicine and acupuncture, not your original post.

bndawgs

President-Elect
you know you've made it when you can afford to shop at whole foods or any other "natural" grocery store

Nietzsche

Drowned God
While this is largely true about spending entire paychecks to shop at Whole Wallet; there are co ops, farmer's markets and other local places to buy fresh vegetables w/o breaking the bank.

I eat mainly organic.

Primo

fat and famous pablo
i eat what i enjoy.....i get ****can wasted and act a fool.....wanna know why? it makes me happy......

i'd rather live 70 years of ignorant bliss than 95 years of tiptoeing around pizza and alcohol.....

TMontani

Part Time Player
i eat what i enjoy.....i get ****can wasted and act a fool.....wanna know why? it makes me happy......

i'd rather live 70 years of ignorant bliss than 95 years of tiptoeing around pizza and alcohol.....

if only there was a +1 system here....I'd abuse it on this post....

KangarooNokona

Kangabilly
I eat healthy but it won't control my life. If I want to eat at the heart attack grill in LV(which I will in sept) then so be it. I have seen more unhealthy people in my life live better lives, both longevity wise, personality wise, and overall happiness. My brother is a chicken, broccoli, and oatmeal guy. While he has a 6 pack, his attitude sucks, when and what he's going to eat controls his life, and he never gets invited anywhere because his friends don't want him just sitting there. Like prime said and extra 5 years at that stage in life really isn't nothing special. 98% of the people are alone at that point anyways

DSNuts48

Badass
I'm a socially bad eater. I eat pretty good, not great, on my own but when I go out with friends I'm not ordering the chicken salad to watch the game. When I go over my grandmas and she offers me a bowl of ice cream and a piece of apple pie at 9pm I'm not saying no. I'm about to go into a very dangerous profession and while I want to eat healthier and fuel myself I'd rather not go out being that guy who couldn't have wings with his buddies or even take a nice gesture from his grandmother because I was out of "Cheat meals" that week. Having said that, I'm not doing this every night, etc.

Primo

fat and famous pablo
i got pissy at the chiefs draft pick last night and was carb fitting.....so i downed 1 bowl of peanut butter crunch, 1 bowl of raisin bran and soem chips and salsa.......

guess what....i feel ****ing great. 100 burpees, 100 medicine ball slams and 3 miles later and i'm so goddamn high on life my wife got an endorphin high....

in other words nietz.....suck a ****

Nietzsche

Drowned God
Learned long ago giving a crap about anyone not my patient is a wasted resource.

Wanna get healthy the price is 150 for the initial visit and 90 each time after. Cash, no insurance.

The litany of excuses are laughable and I've heard them all to blaming the kids, to a high work load, to stress from life and now a piss poor lame one of the Chiefs drafting a stiff; guess what your body doesn't give a crap.

If you don't have time for wellness and health now make time for immobility and illness in the future.

SMAC

mmmmmm...beeeer
Learned long ago giving a crap about anyone not my patient is a wasted resource.

Wanna get healthy the price is 150 for the initial visit and 90 each time after. Cash, no insurance.

So you only give a crap when people pay you money. So, in essence, you don't care about the patients at all. Just the money.

19th century Snake oil salesman.

Nietzsche

Drowned God
So you only give a crap when people pay you money. So, in essence, you don't care about the patients at all. Just the money.

19th century Snake oil salesman.

Think your MD gives a fig about you or your ailing parents if there was nothing coming their way. If their insurance or medicare didn't CTC they'd let your kid die in agony and not lose a second of sleep over it.

In fact the second the insurance cuts off payments guess what happens to the patient.

For what I provide I'm a bargain. I will not debate this.