Al > nl

EdFred

every day I'm shovelin'
Verlander will have a game once in a while where he gets lit up early. Glad it was the AS game and not a Tigers' game. :D

etnstudios

Addicted to Softballfans
also remember that the national league didn't have to bat a pitcher. give them an extra batter and they win. isn't that the whole argument?

mac51

Manager
The N.L. has won 43 of the 83 Allstar games including 3 in a row and the last 2 World Series titles

Worthboy123

Addicted to Softballfans
Why does interleauge matter? It's best out of seven? So if the nl has a better starting rotation good chance of winning it all...

p17

SBFs 16th all time poster
Why does interleauge matter? It's best out of seven? So if the nl has a better starting rotation good chance of winning it all...

Because the argument here is about which league is better. Best way to compare the leagues is by using interleague play

pg1027

Addicted to Softballfans
Because the argument here is about which league is better. Best way to compare the leagues is by using interleague play

Out of 16 years, the NL had a better record 3 times. overall, Al leads in wins by 198. 2081-1883.

Verlander stunk up the entire field. If Weaver started it's a different ballgame, belieb dat.

I think Verlander pitched poorly because he changed his overall approach. He even said that he was throwing more fastballs and with more velocity, knowing he would only be pitching a max of 2-3 innings most likely. As an MLB hitter, if you can sit on a fastball, even if it is in the upper 90's or 100+, it can be as simple as see the ball, hit the ball. And with the added velocity of the pitch coming in, it will lead to balls hitting harder and further on exit speed. The NL might still have won the game regardless but I do think there i something to be said for someone like Verlander, who normally pitches deep into games and can still hit upper 90's and 100+ in the 7th and 8th innings consistently, somewhat changing his game plan and approach.