Alabama roll call

zaner1010

Addicted to Softballfans
No issue man, good luck on that baby. That's way bigger than softball.

Healthy with 10 toes and ten fingers and your wife healthy also.

See you on the dirt another time.

Oh believe me, I wouldn't miss it for the world! I never thought I could be so excited and nervous at the same time. Just found out yesterday that they are going to induce her next Wednesday if he doesn't decide to come before then.

2kap

Addicted to Softballfans
My softball season starts TODAY! Church league at Lagoon...
Got Coed on Thursday.....considering trying to play men's upper on Wednesday's, but that might be too much softball for me.

dorsete

Addicted to Softballfans
My softball season starts TODAY! Church league at Lagoon...
Got Coed on Thursday.....considering trying to play men's upper on Wednesday's, but that might be too much softball for me.

There's never too much softball! We start on Wednesday at Lagoon! I sure hope it was better than the Spring upper league!

zaner1010

Addicted to Softballfans
Easton Cooper Calhoun is here! One proud dad!

2012-09-12_19-29-25_120-1.jpg

2kap

Addicted to Softballfans
Congrats @zaner1010

Hey @dorsete how did your team do yesterday? Who do you play for again?
I went out there for a sec after work to put my name on the roster for Cuttin' it Close, and they had like 20 guys! lol

dorsete

Addicted to Softballfans
We won both of them. I think our team name is the Owls. Cuttin it close lost "boo boo" or whatever his name is because he was playing with the team we played 2nd.

2kap

Addicted to Softballfans
Ok, i just looked at the schedule. I didnt know yall were playing Full Moon, i woulda stayed for that. We play yall first week of October, twice...lol. Who in the h3ll made up that schedule?
Yeah there's a big stink about Boo Boo, and Pluck not playing with Cuttin' in Close this year...they're both on Full Moon.

Ha! Darryl Bailey is one cool dude.

dorsete

Addicted to Softballfans
Yeah he is pretty cool. Full Moon's first 5-6 batters are pretty good but they get weak towards the end. What position did you play for cuttin it close in the spring? I'm trying to figure out who you are. During the first half of the spring, I played with Luquire since Roger Day didn't put our team together.

2kap

Addicted to Softballfans
I played a little bit of outfield, but mostly catcher. i'm pretty much a newcomer when it comes to the men's upper...lol

I play upper and lower men's and coed in Florence, AL... I'm glad this thread is up! Now maybe more people from my area will show! Lol

Congrats Zaner!

Thanks man! I'm soaking up every minute I can with him! What team do yo play with?

In Florence rec I play with PPG (men's upper), Whitesell (men's lower), and Rattlesnake Saloon (coed). Not on any tourney team though, so don't get out of Florence too much.
:(

2kap

Addicted to Softballfans
"This week on... As The Diamond Turns"

In typical softball fashion, the mens upper team i play on (Cuttin' it Close) went from like 20 players the 1st week, to 11 the second week. And we got SPANKED both games last week.

Then in coed we dropped a 9-0 lead into the 3rd to lose the game, SMH.

dorsete

Addicted to Softballfans
Cuttin' it close seems to always be like that. Lil John told me he got called in to play because ya'll didn't have enough. On a happy note, Prattville league starts tonight!!

ehudmh

Left-Handed Assassin
Wow...I've completely ignored the Regional section for forever because the last Alabama thread didn't last too long at all. Huntsville checking in...

2kap

Addicted to Softballfans
Well we had to forfeit our 1st game in Church league last night, and then we got our azzes handed to us the 2nd game. smh
Guess that's what happens when you throw teams together.