All BBJ wants for Christmas is his two front teeth...

Hoodrats84

HRO Hero
I actually liked the facility better than BMAC. Plenty of shade and places to chill between games. The fields were decent. Besides the small fences the railroad ties being used to divide the grass/warning track and the infield seemed like they could be dangerous. That was one of the excuses I heard from our outfielders for misplaying some of those balls in the losers final.

Randolph31

Addicted to Softballfans
is that what we played?! I only saw ASA umpires :rolleyes:
Jokes!
I actually liked the facility better than BMAC. Plenty of shade and places to chill between games. The fields were decent. Besides the small fences the railroad ties being used to divide the grass/warning track and the infield seemed like they could be dangerous. That was one of the excuses I heard from our outfielders for misplaying some of those balls in the losers final.
The railroad ties out there can be a little tough. On some of the fields there's a bit of a lip. Otherwise though it's pretty solid all the way around.

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
Mr. Jones would be glad to know his softball team in Columbia represented his firm well.

#playleaguelikeitsgame7

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
After watching a little bit of your game while editing it I see what you were saying. Some of those looked 12' or better

mattroush22

Addicted to Softballfans
Not me. I want people to remember me as roushbomb for as long as I can ride that train. lololol If people saw me now... I would be more like roushsoftgroundouttoshort. And that just doesn't roll off the tongue.

Schwarzy

On Wisconsin!
My family is possibly moving to Columbia in the next few months. Just curious what the leagues are like around there. ASA, UTRIP? Pretty easy to get picked up on a team and get some games in? Any info is appreciated, thanks.

beernbombs

Abby's dad
Leagues at Binder park start up in mid May-ASA. Never played in those. But their fields are nice, comparable to Rainbow.

Leagues at 63 Diamonds start in June. NSA, 2 inches of dust on infields, outfields are crap, umps are crap, general level of competition is low. There are a few exceptions.

Those are both Jeff City. I would recommend he travel up to Columbia with his gear one night and try to pick up with a team. We're really lose with roster rules. I've seen guys play for 4 teams in one league on one night before. Looks like any night but Friday and Saturday would be a good night to try. The Tues night Mens B double header league is for the big boys, mostly tourney guys. Here's a link to the schedules.

http://www.gocolumbiamo.com/ParksandRec/Sports/Sports_Schedules/index.php

My family is possibly moving to Columbia in the next few months. Just curious what the leagues are like around there. ASA, UTRIP? Pretty easy to get picked up on a team and get some games in? Any info is appreciated, thanks.

See above quote. Columbia is ASA with expanded bat list. Basically no senior sticks.

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
Lots of ASA played around the middle of the state. Little bit of NSA has started coming up this year but it's mostly ASA. If you're wanting to get into the USSSA scene you'll need to go to STL or KC. Drop a message here or shoot one of us a PM if you do move to the area. We're always playing and taking BP. Be glad to have one more to add to the mix.

Another loss for Thursday's.

Can't win em all.

Schwarzy

On Wisconsin!
Thanks for the info guys, I've played 95% ASA, so that would be great. The move all hinges on the wife getting a new gig down there. Thanks again!