Anarchist Weight Loss Challenge 2.0

sleepin4matty

Management Material
Jared ate at Subway. Does that make you feel better?

Is there going to be a 2013 one? I started this one out great dropping 15 lbs. They took out the scales that I was weighing on at work when I would walk around. Stopped chekcing my progress and then stopped trying shortly after.

If I could just get back down to 225 I would be happy. Of course back down to 195 would nice too.

The Jared ate at Subway thing is a joke. Only way to eat really healthy there is to get a flatbread (or no bread) and do a 6" veggie or something with super low calories and no toppings. Which leads back to NITF's method of eliminating everything that tastes good :)

eddieq

The Great and Powerful Q
If there's enough interest, we could arrange another challenge...

I moved back onto the wagon. I ballooned up last year. Got into a complete "IDGAF" mode with my eating/exercise. It really showed when I started umpiring more tournaments. I couldn't keep up when umpiring the bases.

Back to eating better and exercising. Hopefully by the spring season, I'll be down a good 20 pounds or so (and continuing).

jaj23

Eye Baller
I'm interested...last time I started off strong, but lost interest when I was the only one posting results. I think if more people get involved and stay involved it would be good.

Joker

do another one, start it feb 1 end it may 1. i need that motivation to lose 10-15 pounds and get in overall better shape

krunchyfrogg

It's all in the reflexes
The Jared ate at Subway thing is a joke. Only way to eat really healthy there is to get a flatbread (or no bread) and do a 6" veggie or something with super low calories and no toppings. Which leads back to NITF's method of eliminating everything that tastes good :)

Didn't Jared walk to and from Subway everyday?

That, and he had aides. ;)

Oh yeah, I am up for another challenge.

NITF

Addicted to Softballfans
Congrats NITF on the weight loss. Here's hoping the lifestyle change sticks.

I'd be up for a 2013 Challenge. Getting skinny is up there on my to-do list right now.

I am expecting the change to stick, I have learned a lot through this process and will definitely be aware of when I start putting on the weight and know what to do before it gets too far out of hand again.

I have horrible timing, too late to get in on the 2012 challenge and not much left to lose for the 2013 so I will just be moral support and will share the tips I have found with anyone interested.

Joker

everyone who enters should kick in cash or a prize. top weight losers get it split up between them. 2 or 3 depending on how many enter

everyone who enters should kick in cash or a prize. top weight losers get it split up between them. 2 or 3 depending on how many enter

Entry fee and prizes

$20-$50 buy-in

1st place gets prize(s) and 50% of $
2nd place gets 30% of $
3rd place gets 20% of $

10 people enter

Winner gets hoodie, shoes, etc and $100-$250 in cash..not to mention, a new healthier lifestyle..

Simmer17

Addicted to Softballfans
I need to do something and fast. I'd like to lose 30-35 by late April or early May and 80-100 overall.

NITF

Addicted to Softballfans
I need to do something and fast. I'd like to lose 30-35 by late April or early May and 80-100 overall.

That should be doable with a serious commitment on your part. I have been staying below 1500 calories and 1500 mg sodium a day pretty reliably (always have to have cheat days etc. or else the motivation can fade and you give up all together) and stated out losing ~3.5 pounds/week and have tapered off to ~2 pounds/week. In the beginning I was recovering from surgery which keeps your metabolism elevated trying to rebuild tissue so 2 pounds/week is achievable but it won't be easy.

I am using a breakfast powder with soy milk so about 300 calories and I typically do a couple swai fish fillets plus stir fry vegetables so about 300 calories for dinner. That leaves me a remaining 800 calories for lunch plus drinks/snacks to get me through the rest of the day.

NITF

Addicted to Softballfans
That is less than 1# weight loss per week, for the 30#'s by Apr goal.

One of us is having a bad math day, could be me though...

Jan 01 -Apr 30 = 17 weeks so I come up with 2 pounds/week to reach 34 pounds, it is still doable but it will take a solid effort to maintain that loss rate in a healthy manner.

eddieq

The Great and Powerful Q
Lost the first 11 pounds. Those are the easy ones. It should drop off to about a pound or 2 a week now.

Sticking well with the diet and exercise regime so far. I think the biggest thing is like NITF said, I'm not eating the "crap I like". Mainly, I'm not snacking at night and such and making better choices for meals (lean proteins, fiber, lower "refined" carbs, etc.).

eddieq

The Great and Powerful Q
that sounds horrible but i need to do it too

Pretty much. So far, so good though, but I started with the new year (Jan 2) and am only on day 12. Too early to be ready to quit and too early to be "in the habit".

krunchyfrogg

It's all in the reflexes
Lost the first 11 pounds. Those are the easy ones. It should drop off to about a pound or 2 a week now.

Sticking well with the diet and exercise regime so far. I think the biggest thing is like NITF said, I'm not eating the "crap I like". Mainly, I'm not snacking at night and such and making better choices for meals (lean proteins, fiber, lower "refined" carbs, etc.).

I'm doing the same thing, but started at the beginning of December. I'm down 23 pounds at last check.

NITF

Addicted to Softballfans
I thought I hit my weight loss goal last month but work stress and long hours have pushed me to a new unintended milestone even though I am eating more, I have now lost 110 pounds so things could be worse...

188_6_zpsdd5b496f.jpg

eddieq

The Great and Powerful Q
Dude, you're doing great. I haven't seen 188 in 20 years.

Passed 262 on the way down as of this morning. Side benefit of having the stomach flu this week. I lost more than 5 pounds since Saturday.

NITF

Addicted to Softballfans
Dude, you're doing great. I haven't seen 188 in 20 years.

Me either! I was 185 way back in 1993 and after only 3 years of college I was already 210.

Passed 262 on the way down as of this morning. Side benefit of having the stomach flu this week. I lost more than 5 pounds since Saturday.

It is a crappy way to go about it but just think that because of it you will hit your goal a couple weeks early.

Last edited: