Barrel: 2 1/4"
Certified: ASA, ISA, NSA, USSSA
Barrel Load: Balance
Material: AB9000 Aerospace Alloy
Construction: One Piece Design
Grip: Cushioned Grip

andy-rockstar

Living for the Cit-ay
It's probably not even released yet. And if I were to speculate, I wouldn't expect too much from that bat as it's a one-piece singlewall.

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
I always liked the Nano bat particularly the FlexLink Omega. If I get to play senior next year I have to swing one piece single wall. I have a clear capOG Nano 26 but would like other option, especially to sell in the league. I was hoping they would do an end load version as well as the balanced. It looks at this point that a single wall one piece Nano is not going to be an option :(

jnadile

Addicted to Softballfans
The only reason im looking at this bat is for one of my league we are only allowed to use all aluminum bats, no composite whatsoever....

east bay j

The Polish Hammer
Smarkley3, send it my way & I'll test it for ya (with both 52/300's & 44/375's, whichever you prefer)!
JJ

A Salt Weapon

Starting Player
I'm interested as well, our co-ed leagues are singlewall only. The vexxum is starting to get dented and I'm not sure I like the steels. They swing weird to me and while they have great pop and I've hit some HRs with them I have trouble going to rf with them.

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
Hi am gonna see if can get one today,, friend of mind needs for a single wall. He a decent hitter so he should be able to offer some good feed back

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
Got my sample, the matte finish is nice, should hold up better than the gloss. The regular knob bugs me, have not swung it yet. Gonna take it to York Field today, I may get a few BP hacks on it. I have a couple local single wall leagues that I will make it avaible to. More later after some hacks......

jaj23

Eye Baller
Sounds lame... glad I still have some great Anderson bats even though I don't play much anymore. Busted out my RocketFlex a few weeks ago in a game and several guys on the team used it and liked it.

east bay j

The Polish Hammer
I love those older Anderson's, singlewall & multi-wall. I've been using both my OG Techzilla & 2007 Rockettech in my composite league with 52/300's on warmer days & it performs on par or better than my composites. As far as singlewalls go the Nanotek is still the all time best bat out there, even more so with the 52/300's. I've also been using my Flextech & OG Pyrotech which are mashing those softballs.

Really curious to see how this new bat compares to the Nano, Flextech & older Pyrotechs (I'm not giving it good odds, but who knows). Problem once again is cost. At $200 it is the most expensive one-piece singlewall in the current market (Easton L9.0 comes in around $180). Unless its on par with a Nano you are better off picking up some of the older Anderson's at half the cost.

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
Sounds lame... glad I still have some great Anderson bats even though I don't play much anymore. Busted out my RocketFlex a few weeks ago in a game and several guys on the team used it and liked it.
I too was skeptical, considering TB was the only reason I was set up as a mobile merchant. The new owners have continued to deal with me and though sometimes spotty, continued to provide me with new product info and a demo. The first I picked up was the Flex. Like you I am not playing a lot, mine due to injury(hope that's not your case bro).
If I get to play again it will be single wall Senior so it was the first demo I acquired. I can't swing at all but a friend swung in league. Just on AB and swing but, he hit it of the taper for a 230 ft shot, was a fly ball out but hit on the sweet would a gone further. More swings to come.

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
I am gonna take it to my Senior- teammates in Pico Rivera this week and let them hit it. Some big guys w power and a lot of good placement hitters so should be interesting to see there opinions. Will post up soon. After that I am open to locals to swing. Text me if you are in So Cal near Whittier or can come by York Field there, we can meet up.

andy-rockstar

Living for the Cit-ay
Does this bat have any design similarity to the previous Anderson single walls (Pyrotechs and the like)? Or is the only similarity the name on the bat?

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
Does this bat have any design similarity to the previous Anderson single walls (Pyrotechs and the like)? Or is the only similarity the name on the bat?
Andy the small Anderson knob is gone, the metal alloy is new and the paint finish is flat or matte. I think its an all new design, this, along w the RT 2.0 are recycled names. The new FP Nova And SP Ambush are all new names and I presume designs. Only have the single wall Flex right now, gonna let my Senior team swing it, many of them have OG Nanos so looking forward to there feedback.

NUTTY28

Addicted to Softballfans
Thanks to Steve I got to swing his new Flex, ball 40-300 i think not bad came off the bat well,will test it in my league on Thursday single wall only we use SB-12s. I did like the fill but one with an end lode would be nice also.

NUTTY28

Addicted to Softballfans
most of the team that swung it liked it but thought it was a bit lite. The girls on my coed teams loved it. (26 oz 34 in)

jnadile

Addicted to Softballfans
Well then it might be a good investment for next summer as i need a new all metal bat since my easton L6.0 was tossed because of its composite IMX core....

east bay j

The Polish Hammer
Well then it might be a good investment for next summer as i need a new all metal bat since my easton L6.0 was tossed because of its composite IMX core....

Surprized they even let you step up to the plate with that bat given its listed on both Easton's & ASA's website as a composite bat.

For some reason I have seen significantly more players in my singlewall leagues this year try to bust out composite bats (Salvos, Synergy's & one guy even tried to use an OG Miken Freak)

Silly Kids!

east bay j

The Polish Hammer
My bad, its the L8.0 not the L6.0

Yeah, it can be really confusing with those multi-wall bats. Easton is terrible at putting any kind of relevant info on them (like singlewall or multiwall or even composite) & they are very similar looking. And their confusing ass numbering system doesn't help any.

To make matters worse it looks like the 2014 line is now discontinued (no longer on their website) so they will probably be changing the name once again. So the Eastons below are essentially their same high singlewalls but every other year the name changes:
2010-2011 - Easton SV2 V12 (V12 scandium alloy)
2011-2012 - Easton SV3 Rival (V12 scandium alloy)
2012-2012 - Easton SG1 Rival (THT100 scandium alloy)
2013-2013 - Easton SP12SVS Salvo Scandium (THT100 scandium alloy)
2013-2014 - Easton SP13L9 L9.0 (THT100 scandium alloy)

The Rip-It Reapers were the same. The REAP3 (multiwall) & REAP5 (singlewall) were painted the exact same except the REAP3 had a little brown in the paint. Same with the REAP5 & REAP8. Rip-it, did, however, put singlewall on the REAP5 & REAP8. Don't even get me started on the Rip-It Prototype.

Not a fan of Demarini's Ultimate Weapon but at least they kept the same name all these years.

It would make things a hell of a lot easier if they just put singlewall, multi-wall, or composite on their bats to be consistent with the ASA's website.

JJ

jnadile

Addicted to Softballfans
Im not a fan of Demarini's in general just never get a good feeling hitting them.

Now if Miken could just make an all metal bat then that would be idea. Or if Anderson still made the all metan NanoTech because it is impossible to find the OG NanoTech and if you do people are asking an arm and a leg for them.

This specefic league im in only bat rule is metal (non-titanium), it being singlewall or multi-wall.

So far looks like im gonna buy this Anderson that Nutty and smarkley3 are testing out.

We will see if their opinions change as they use it more.

east bay j

The Polish Hammer
If you can use any all metal bat including mult-walls, as long as there is no composite material, I would find yourself an older Techzilla or Rockettech. There are plenty of them around & used ones here on SBF are going in the $70 or less range. Those bats will outperform any singlewall out there, especially the new 2014 Flex. I have several Nanoteks, a couple Pyrotechs, an older 2002 Flextech, 2004 Techzila & 2007 Rockettech & the Techzilla/Rockettech by far have the best pop. Nanotek is close behind but has a much smaller sweetspot. Techzilla will swing similar to the Nano & Rockettech is end loaded. No need to use a singlewall bat if your league allows multiwalls (that you can get for well under $100)! For the $200 you would spend on a new flex you could get 3 different kickass multiwalls. Just my opinion.