Anderson Bat Price Guide

NotoriousSports

<font color="Red">Banned User</font>
Where does one find a NIW Pyrotech for $100?

I had a guy inquire to me regarding them. He questioned my pricing and referenced this guide. I reminded him that it is just a guide and told him the same this:

Truthfully, I don't think it's possible. Not from an authorized dealer with a valid warranty anyway.

I didn't make the sale :(

Frisco Kid

Addicted to Metal
Where does one find a NIW Pyrotech for $100?

That's not what the guide is telling you.

This guide tells you what you can get if you have a certain bat (the only exception to this is with the most recent bats, where the NIW price is retail price... I might have to change that. That was the way the Demarini guide was set up, and I modeled mine after it.)

What the guide is telling you is that if you have a NIW 2008 Pyrotech and you wanted to sell it, you'd probably get anywhere from $90 to $100 for it.

The guide isn't saying that there are places where you can get a 2008 for $90 to $100. Does that make sense?

Frisco Kid

Addicted to Metal
I had a guy inquire to me regarding them. He questioned my pricing and referenced this guide. I reminded him that it is just a guide and told him the same this:

Truthfully, I don't think it's possible. Not from an authorized dealer with a valid warranty anyway.

I didn't make the sale :(

Hmm, this is not good. This guide is for secondary market sales -- in other words, this guide tells a guy (a non-dealer) what he can expect to get for a bat he wants to sell.

I will create a new bullet point to emphasize this fact.

Dr. Funkenstein

Addicted to Softballfans
That's not what the guide is telling you.

This guide tells you what you can get if you have a certain bat (the only exception to this is with the most recent bats, where the NIW price is retail price... I might have to change that. That was the way the Demarini guide was set up, and I modeled mine after it.)

What the guide is telling you is that if you have a NIW 2008 Pyrotech and you wanted to sell it, you'd probably get anywhere from $90 to $100 for it.

The guide isn't saying that there are places where you can get a 2008 for $90 to $100. Does that make sense?

It does...I suppose you can guess I'm not the most experienced bat buyer :eek:. Put it this way...the "hottest" bat I own currently is a DeBeer EST...everything else is a singlewall of declining quality, starting with a Worth Insanity going down to the Hammer I bought when I first joined my company's team in 2000.

Every time I pulled it up on google the lowest price I saw was $159.99 and I thought I might just be looking in the wrong places.

Frisco Kid

Addicted to Metal
It does...I suppose you can guess I'm not the most experienced bat buyer :eek:. Put it this way...the "hottest" bat I own currently is a DeBeer EST...everything else is a singlewall of declining quality, starting with a Worth Insanity going down to the Hammer I bought when I first joined my company's team in 2000.

Every time I pulled it up on google the lowest price I saw was $159.99 and I thought I might just be looking in the wrong places.

Oh, don't worry about it. I should have had that bullet point I just added back when I first wrote the guide. It's an honest mistake.

Frisco Kid

Addicted to Metal
Thanks for doing such a great job with this guide, Frisco Kid!

Thank you, sir! I try.

How would you feel if I broke up the guide? In other words, I was thinking about starting a guide JUST for the non-Anderson Anderson bats (such as the Jacoby bat, the Kelley bats, etc.)?

Or should I just keep everything here in one spot?

krunchyfrogg

It's all in the reflexes
I think it's really great the way it is. It'll be broken up naturally anyway, since you're keeping the bats in order.

tripp

Support SBF
saw a techzilla at the park today. Guy wanted 150 for it.

Model number was strange. it was o11o17 or something like that. Was this the SN? Curious to know what model this was

It looks to be one of the OG's but not sure.

From what I can tell - 150 is way over priced though.

Frisco Kid

Addicted to Metal

Model number was strange. it was o11o17 or something like that. Was this the SN? Curious to know what model this was

Sounds like the model number.

Was it new? Used? What'd it look like? Black? Blue? Green?

tumblebug

My name is NEO!

It is a model number. it is neumonic and the digits all mean something but I don't have the decoder ring. I can find out if you'd like.

Last edited:

Frisco Kid

Addicted to Metal
*** March 1, 2010: Added red AeroDyne photo. Added 1998(?) Nike Bat-a-Boom, 1998(?) Ombac Over-the-Line, 1998(?) TNT Power, and 1998(?) Mystery Bat. ***

Last edited:

bubbab95

Starting Player
Are these prices pretty current? I got a guy trying to sell me a Green TZ for 100 plus shipping, a little steep compared to your guide as it is used 4-500 hits.

Frisco Kid

Addicted to Metal
Are these prices pretty current? I got a guy trying to sell me a Green TZ for 100 plus shipping, a little steep compared to your guide as it is used 4-500 hits.

They're pretty current.

A used TZ with 500 hits for approximately $115 seems a little high to me. But that's just me.

The prices in my guide are not set in stone. Ultimately the market will determine what a bat sells for.

bubbab95

Starting Player
Thanks man, that was I was thinking. Although the only new ones I have found so far are $199 through online dealers...maybe I can wiggle him down....