Anderson Huers General Discussion: The Sequel

z00ted 85

Addicted to Softballfans
how does it feel compared to the regular techzilla? and if you have swung a demarini f'series how does it swing compared to that? i've put down my demarini metal and strictly have been swinging the zilla as i prefer it much more but i do like the look and feel of the 2 piece design.

The Flexzilla has a "throwback" feel to it, at least to me it does. I felt that it has an almost odd weight OG feel. Balanced but not as evenly as the newer Techzillas ('08-'12).

I've only swung an old F series bat 3 or 4 times a long time ago so I cant give an exact comparison to that line. Sorry.

It's a very stiff 2 piece bat. I felt that it had the same feel as a "normal" Techzilla. The 1 endcap shot I remember was the only time I remember feeling the bat flex.

If you have been hitting a Techzilla over your other metals this one will be an upgrade. Both in performance and looks.

The ball jumped off the bat when squared up. Miss hits didn't sting as much as previous years. It had a step up at about 100 hits and then I noticed another jump after 2 sessions (350-400 hits).

It's a great bat dude. Let me know if you have any other questions. :D

sleepin4matty

Management Material
Only f series I've hit is the f375 and the FlexZilla feels very different. The f375 is very end loaded. If you like that I'd grab the rktflx instead.

bradblah

Weeeeee
any of you anarchists have a flextech, ignite, ksp, or pyrotech laying around that you'd be willing to part with? i'm in a singlewall league and the OG nano was on my 'approved bat list' last sunday, but it's now disappeared. i e-mailed the LD to ask him why, but i figured in the mean time i'd start the search for a replacement.

purefilthsoft

Wildcard bitches
any of you anarchists have a flextech, ignite, ksp, or pyrotech laying around that you'd be willing to part with? i'm in a singlewall league and the OG nano was on my 'approved bat list' last sunday, but it's now disappeared. i e-mailed the LD to ask him why, but i figured in the mean time i'd start the search for a replacement.

The KSP is so underrated for single wall leagues. Also the old grey graffiti pyro is a tank. I don't even want to say how cold outside I could hit that bat. To bad I let someone borrow that bat and they never returned it. I had bought it off Nate when he used to sell on here in the old day's of SBF

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
The KSP is so underrated for single wall leagues. Also the old grey graffiti pyro is a tank. I don't even want to say how cold outside I could hit that bat. To bad I let someone borrow that bat and they never returned it. I had bought it off Nate when he used to sell on here in the old day's of SBF

I actually hit my KSP over my OG Nano in a single wall league a few years back. I have since learned to love the Nano and have one ready for single wall senior but think I will get a Ignite as back up when I start to play again. I ain't Nate but hit me up, I do have some gear :cool:

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
Oh so there is a run of new one piece Nano Tek'ssssssssssssssssssss????

Been hitting both the Alpha and OG Nano in BP, very much the same balance feel but still a bigger SS on the Alpha.

jaj23

Eye Baller
I changed my son's tee-ball jersey for today...

7D3F6F38-7690-4389-9100-9CCF5CFFC678-3276-00000285C2BB185B_zps65629737.jpg

sleepin4matty

Management Material
I know this was mentioned sometime before but why were all Anderson bat reviews put in Archive? Was SBF just assuming they would never have another bat released?

jaj23

Eye Baller
I took this photo a few years ago at a spring training game... I thought it was appropriate to post here since Anderson's hold music is "Who's On First!"

8F2845F7-726F-4ED2-8F36-34E5027A40DB-6994-000005D8D9759DDD_zpsbd9f11cd.jpg

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
So I had unwrapped and demoed a 28 FlexZilla. Had a bro who wanted one this week so it went. Got to my game tonight and one of my bro said, wheres the black bat. Told him I sold it he was not happy, LOL. I am down to a NIW 27 FlexZilla and need to get me a RktFlx 26 oz. Hey Chief! :D

krunchyfrogg

It's all in the reflexes
Season opens tomorrow for me (I had fun regripping my OGTZ for the occasion - pics soon!) and I just hurt my back pulling a baby elephant onto my table.

I'm going to do everything possible to get out there tomorrow!

Last edited:

satanwannabe

Addicted to Softballfans
It looks like I will finally get to play my first game today, but game time temp is looking to be only be 57 before factoring wind, and then wednesday has a high of 54. No Alpha and no FZ for a while, it looks like.

We had juuuust a bit of snow friday and most of the day was in the 30s.

It's a good thing there hasn't been any climate change.