Another USPS Thread

NokonaFan

What's your motivation?
I need some advice. I just went through a deal with a newer board Bro. Agreed to a deal and shipped same time. Everything seemed to have gone perfectly until USPS seems to have messed up again.

The tracking number is showing delivered, but I only have a PO box. Meaning that I usually get a slip saying I have a packaged and then pick it up at the post office. They have NEVER left a bat at my house in the past.

There was no additional insurance paid for by the sender. So from everything I am reading on the USPS site, they would only refund me $50. Any advice? So since the other party in the trade has my bat and left good feedback already...am I the one the gets screwed here? He gave them the correct address. USPS messed up somewhere but the lack of additional insurance...am I going to get hosed on that?

eyerolleddapiec

Loves Balls
SBF protocol is that you insure your bat, if the bat comes up missing they are responsible to either send your bat back, or send you equal financial compensation.

NDshotokan

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Yeah, not insuring something for full (or above) value is silly. Is the extra $3 really a problem for them? I don't get it...

deafie

I need some advice. I just went through a deal with a newer board Bro. Agreed to a deal and shipped same time. Everything seemed to have gone perfectly until USPS seems to have messed up again.

The tracking number is showing delivered, but I only have a PO box. Meaning that I usually get a slip saying I have a packaged and then pick it up at the post office. They have NEVER left a bat at my house in the past.

There was no additional insurance paid for by the sender. So from everything I am reading on the USPS site, they would only refund me $50. Any advice? So since the other party in the trade has my bat and left good feedback already...am I the one the gets screwed here? He gave them the correct address. USPS messed up somewhere but the lack of additional insurance...am I going to get hosed on that?

I thought there was a small insurance that went on all packages and that it was like $72.

dttruax

Addicted to Softballfans
You shouldn't get hosed at all. It's the responsibility of the sender to get the bat to you. As others had said, the other guy should either send your bat back or send you the cash equivalent and it's up to him to deal with USPS re: Insurance.

hitBOMBS2

making a ***back
ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS insure the bat you are trading for alittle extra then the actual value.

btw.... I had this happen with a deal with chrometip. took 3 months to get the insurance check. wtf.

fierce_gt

Addicted to Softballfans
I don't mind 'rolling the dice' and not getting extra insurance(it's $100 included when I ship from here) but I will pay the extra 1.50 or whatever it is for signature confirmation. that seems to be more important than the insurance anyway. I'd rather make sure the bat is never left on a porch than have coverage to replace it after it is.

Imageofgr8ness

Addicted to Softballfans
OK just because this thread seems to be getting nowhere. I am the other party in the trade. We both only insured for $50. If you check the tracking it says delivered. Here is the catch. It was delivered to a different zip. But I have receipt proof that I sent it to the correct zip. I personally have filed for a investigation through usps.

Imageofgr8ness

Addicted to Softballfans
And one more thing. If you purchase extra insurance you have to show proof of the value to get that amount. I posted the bat didn't have a receipt. So why pay for extra insurance?

Jimmy34

Board Prick
Not saying anything is fishy BUT, how do you know he sent it to your PO Box, in other words do you have a photo of the receipt and label that shows it was addressed properly...

I had someone say they sent a bat to me and purposely (at least I think so) put a wrong address on it with same zipcode...caught the person because it was actually delivered to someone I knew and they gave me the box, it was labeled wrong and it had a walmart bat in it...the guy told me the tracking said shipped and he said "it says delivered, too bad" then I showed him pics and threatened ebay and all of a sudden he disapeared...

If it says delivered does it say the EXACT address it was delivered to?

Imageofgr8ness

Addicted to Softballfans
If I was trying to cheat Kyle out of a bat I wouldn't be in contact with him and making my own phone calls to fix the matter. I even called the post office it apparently went to. They told me it would have been forwarded to the appropriate destination. Thanks for your story but this is why I lose interest in these forums. Too many people talk about things they know nothing about.

Jimmy34

Board Prick
If I was trying to cheat Kyle out of a bat I wouldn't be in contact with him and making my own phone calls to fix the matter. I even called the post office it apparently went to. They told me it would have been forwarded to the appropriate destination. Thanks for your story but this is why I lose interest in these forums. Too many people talk about things they know nothing about.

Who's talking about things they don't know anything about, stop feeling guilty...I just asked a question and didn't insinuate anything...you must have lost a lot of interest if you have 50 posts in 5 years...sorry my fault bro...:confused:

Imageofgr8ness

Addicted to Softballfans
You don't know the situation. Your just giving your past experience. Trust me I don't feel guilty but at the same time I'm print in time and effort to sort out the problem. Your BOLD sections make one assume you are insinuating. So my bad on assuming.

Jimmy34

Board Prick
You don't know the situation. Your just giving your past experience. Trust me I don't feel guilty but at the same time I'm print in time and effort to sort out the problem. Your BOLD sections make one assume you are insinuating. So my bad on assuming.

We all know the situation because a good standing board member gave it to us!!!

All I did was tell about a situation and made sure the og poster covered a few things that might have been overlooked...nokonafan has been around a while, like yourself, and asked for advice and I simply gave him mine alonf with a situation I had previously, nothing more and no insinuation...

Send him his bat back ASAP as that's the right thing to do until the bat you sent arrives somewhere...END OF STORY (yup, bold section, as you call it), that's the correct way things are done here...

As per board rules you have to make this right and in the meantime the bat he sent should be returned unless he doesn't want it back...time and effort would include you doing that...

Imageofgr8ness

Addicted to Softballfans
You can purchase extra insurance all day long. But to get the money once you file a claim you have to validate the worth of the item with a receipt.

Imageofgr8ness

Addicted to Softballfans
Jimmy34.... move on troll. I'm in constant contact with Nokonafan and we will make this right. Go work on your 5k+ post somewhere else.

miller32

Addicted to Softballfans
This just happened to me last week - same basic situation - you have to provide the usps with a receipt to show proof of value - without that you are screwed - since they don't know what bat you shipped I suggest you find any receipt close to the same value if you want to get anything back - was even told you need a receipt to get the minimum of 50

NokonaFan

What's your motivation?
Guys - I am not having issues with Imageofgr8ness. I am more interested in the bat being found. I appreciate all the insight. We are working through it and in constant communication.