Another Utrip Recoil Question

nanne1

O.K. A guy I play with some has a very well broken-in 27 oz Balanced Utrip Recoil. He can kill it with a log so it doesn't matter what he swings. But a few other guys on the team with average pop have been hitting the ball very well with this very hot Recoil.

I normally swing heavier weight endloaded bats so I haven't ever used this bat. I have swung it on deck a few times and it swings very, very light.

How much difference is there in terms of the feel and performance of endloaded vs. balanced Utrip Recoils.

Thinking about dropping down in weight a couple of ounces to see if I can benefit from a lighter bat. Just don't know if I should stick with an endloaded bat or try a more balanced one. And wanted to gets some opinions on any difference in performance between the two.

yg#9

I got 5 on it.
IMO, in terms of feel the Maxload doesn't feel endloaded at all. The main difference in the Maxload and Balanced versions are the DFR. Balanced being 180 and Maxload being 250. If you like a bat with alot of flex go with the Balanced if you like a stiff bat go with the Maxload. As far as performance both are pretty equal, may get a little more distance out of Maxload.

yg#9

I got 5 on it.
Awesome to hear, my Maxload is coming tomorrow!

This bat is going to feel like a log for your first 200 hits. Then it will start to open up, bat should be nast hot around 1000 cuts. If you don't like it at first, don't give up on it just go take some more bp. Enjoy

hacker72

Addicted to Softballfans
I am a recoil fan...... There is a minimal difference between the maxload vs. balanced versions in this bat. The endload is slight in either, but has a little more endload feel if you remove the grip and replace with tape. The best Recoils I have owned have been balanced for whatever reason; more than likely better fit for my swing. You can't go wrong with either option. If I had to put a number on the amount of and endload on the maxload version I would say it is no more than .5 ounce.