Any Worth PST Love Still Out There?

andy-rockstar

Living for the Cit-ay
Thinking of putting my PST Xtra in the bag just for fun. Not too many of PSTs popping up for sale anymore as far as I can tell. Has everyone just completely moved on from PSTs, similar to how they've left SBF?

chile

Bad Ape
still have my pst5...mostly a bp bat but you got me thinking about putting it in a game.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't have any left. I've tried to buy 2 off of fb but people don't seem to use PayPal on there.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
I had one of the old ASA PSTs years ago, and I wasn't impressed. Small, fairly unresponsive sweetspot. Not a ton of pop.

Frankly, I think the 3DX was a better bat. Larger sweetspot, and simply hotter.

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
Lol....There ain't no way a 3DX was a better performing bat than a PST back in the day. The long shell PST (30 oz) was a monster.

trupower

Addicted to Softballfans
I have a Vandy and a 137 I plan on using this fall in modified league, haven't played since 2014 and neither of those were in the rotation after the Ultra changed everything to plastic... Evil models at one time were stupid on blue dots.

blakcherry329

It's not fast pitch, I'd say 35. Its a rec league not very competitive and the balls are soft.
Wow, 35 isn't fast at all. Modified around here are 45-60mph(most are closer to 45, but there's a few that can bring it).
I can throw about 50, when I crank one up.:D otherwise it's 35 to 45mph knuckleballs.
Is modified played with fast pitching?
It's as fast as you can throw it without "windmilling". Some leagues limit your arm motion to strict "bowling motion". Others, like the ones I play in, allow whatever the heck you want to do short of Quisenberry(youngsters look up that name:D)

trupower

Addicted to Softballfans
I retired from the "A" league years ago, those guys fastballs are in the 60's with nasty offspeed stuff. These guys are just trying to avoid walking everyone that comes up to bat.

BigWhiffa

Underwear Researcher
i had 3 of them. black and gold, xtra, and pst5. i loved them. when black and golds were going for crazy prices i sold it. eventually i sold off the other here or there. someone gave me a max 100mph one a few years back and we took it out were hitting blue dots. it was launching them for about 20 hits and then the shell cracked.

those were the golden days of softball for me.

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
I retired from the "A" league years ago, those guys fastballs are in the 60's with nasty offspeed stuff. These guys are just trying to avoid walking everyone that comes up to bat.

Modified pitch guys throwing in the 60's?? I don't think so.

BigRB

Gimpy Shouldered Glove Ho/ pitcher
there's just something about hitting with a long shell that makes me smile...just picked up another ASA one last month, have had pretty much every model in my bag through the years.....Long shell Vandy 28 was redic

ju25

Addicted to Softballfans
Had a buddy who had a Buggs PST, good bat until the Ultra was introduced. Ultra was 50' better, we were hitting 44/525 balls back then.

Last edited:

Bobby Buggs

SBF Site Sponsor
Yes it was quite glaring the drop in demand for My PSTs once the Ultra arrived on the scene. Dead silence till they banned it then it was business as usual again for a short time.