Anyone else's CL22 holding up well?

moorerm04

Addicted to Softballfans
Have about 200 swings on my 27 with Evil BP's and ZN's and it still looks brand new. No sign of paint crack issue, and this thing is fire! It's good enough now that I don't think I will be BPing it anymore, but does anyone else have a durable one?

Darracq

Have about 200 swings on my 27 with Evil BP's and ZN's and it still looks brand new. No sign of paint crack issue, and this thing is fire! It's good enough now that I don't think I will be BPing it anymore, but does anyone else have a durable one?

Mine has 240 on it,everything is fine, i wouldnt call it durable untill about 800 though

moorerm04

Addicted to Softballfans
Mine has 240 on it,everything is fine, i wouldnt call it durable untill about 800 though

This is true about calling it durable. I just figured I would have issues hitting rocks with it like I have, but it has surprises me!

sammyrod1

Addicted to Softballfans
I just peeled the wrapper off my third cl22 today for bp put 100 cuts on it still looks spanking new also I've been fortunate all of them have held up well I only use rocks for bp

Damo

<font color=#cc3333"> MADE IN CANADA!</font>
My 1, 27 is up around 300 ish no signs of anything
28oz up around 150ish no signs

S20

DeMarini Rep
Got a 1st batch with 800+ and a 2nd batch with 300+. Both are still goin strong!

Felks32

Addicted to Softballfans
Mine has about 100 on it and it looks brand new still.

Although my first VX2U still looked new until the day it broke. :(

bubz24

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm pushing 800 on mine and no signs of it slowing down. One of the hottest bats I've swung and it didn't take long to get there either.

Felks32

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm pushing 800 on mine and no signs of it slowing down. One of the hottest bats I've swung and it didn't take long to get there either.

You have any more bubz? I'm thinking of selling one of my VX2U's for another CL22.

louconn

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
do these swing or feel anything like the legends? seems like they swing light like the legends. how bout feel? be honest with me

GTC

Semi-Retired
do these swing or feel anything like the legends? seems like they swing light like the legends. how bout feel? be honest with me
They do swing light but dont feel exactly like the legend. To me it feels like a cross between the S2 and legend. Way hotter then the S2 though. Mine has about 300 hits and no sign of cracks or anything

louconn

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
nice, thanks for the reply. im contemplating getting one. i have an L1, st100 and blackout now which i like, but i miss my old legend but need to have new stamp. i sold an s2 to a teammate. i like it, but dont love it.

EVILHOMER360

Baaaat Fleeeeep!
They do swing light but dont feel exactly like the legend. To me it feels like a cross between the S2 and legend. Way hotter then the S2 though. Mine has about 300 hits and no sign of cracks or anything

nice, thanks for the reply. im contemplating getting one. i have an L1, st100 and blackout now which i like, but i miss my old legend but need to have new stamp. i sold an s2 to a teammate. i like it, but dont love it.

Lou,

trust me when I say they swing just like a legend, the barrel might be a tad stiffer. But its the closest we're gonna get with a new stamp, and feels nothing like the POS OG stadium IMHO

28oz I'm demo-ing weighs 27.1 without OG grip

sammyrod1

Addicted to Softballfans
Lou,

trust me when I say they swing just like a legend, the barrel might be a tad stiffer. But its the closest we're gonna get with a new stamp, and feels nothing like the POS OG stadium IMHO

I said the same thing about the og stadium till I reached 3 thousand hits on a 30 oz one if you like the legend you will love the cl22 IMO it's hard to but down only other bat I would pick up besides this is the og cartel you can't go wrong with this bat definitely swings light .

bird25

34/30 Club #25
Lou,

I agree. My stickered 30 oz (28.8 actual) feels very much like the 28 Legend I just broke.

Have 300 + swings on my CL22 with all balls and it's holding up fine.

leftcenter01

on the down slope
My first cl broke in 20 swings, but its replacement has about 200 game hits on it and not a mark on it. Im still scared to hit bp with it though.

EA Sports

Addicted to Softballfans
Was hoping to get mine and put some swings in it this week. Sadly the store shipped it to the wrong address. Now I'll have to wait until next week.

Darracq

I have never swung a legend but to me, it feels sounds a little metalic, nothing like a j2u or j3u. I dont love the feel lol.

EVILHOMER360

Baaaat Fleeeeep!
I said the same thing about the og stadium till I reached 3 thousand hits on a 30 oz one if you like the legend you will love the cl22 IMO it's hard to but down only other bat I would pick up besides this is the og cartel you can't go wrong with this bat definitely swings light .

Man, trust me I wanted to like the OG stadium, I swung NIW, NOW, 100 hits, 500 hits, 1000+ hits, even one with 2500+ swings, Just did not like the thing.

The CL22 is legit, I've hit plenty of them, and can't wait to get swings on this 28oz I'm demo-ing at the moment.

louconn

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Lou,

thats good news. this stick is officially on my wanted list!

ck1

The Madness
I always thought that the OG stadium was simply a durable legend. It just took a few more cuts to break in than the legend.

In my mind the CL22 is even more like the Legend. It's ready just as quick as the legend and equally responsive.

cyoung187

Coach
I always thought that the OG stadium was simply a durable legend. It just took a few more cuts to break in than the legend.

In my mind the CL22 is even more like the Legend. It's ready just as quick as the legend and equally responsive.

I thought they were nothing alike. Og stadium had a decent endload, legend had no endload. Is the CL22 that balanced?

sammyrod1

Addicted to Softballfans
I thought they were nothing alike. Og stadium had a decent endload, legend had no endload. Is the CL22 that balanced?

To me the only way to describe the bat I simply a mix of the og stadium with alot of cuts on it and a legend right out of the wrapper after 100 hits that metallic sound went away

Darracq

To me the only way to describe the bat I simply a mix of the og stadium with alot of cuts on it and a legend right out of the wrapper after 100 hits that metallic sound went away

To me the og stadium was super soft, my cl22 is not even close in feel, i hit the ball pretty hard but maybe i just need to keep beating on it.

ck1

The Madness

It's so hard to compare. You'd have to contrast bats of the same weight.

I had a 28oz Legend and it was super balanced. I sold it and then had a 30oz (which weighed 28.8oz) and it was noticably more endloaded. The weighting was like my other favorite bat... the CNT+. Medium endload.

IMO the CL22 is MORE endloaded than the Legend and LESS endloaded than the OG Stadium and that is comparing 28s. I've felt a 27oz CL22 and that thing felt amazingly balanced, very light, probably identical to a Legend.