Anyone ever do the warrior dash?

TERMINATOR

Addicted to Softballfans
I've heard it's a blast. And there is a lot of eye candy there as well.

There is one coming near me this year and I really want to try it.

TurboTex

Addicted to Softballfans
Better hope you're in the first wave, and early in it, or else you'll be waiting in a crowd at every obstacle.

16gamer

Addicted to Softballfans
I have done it for the past 3 years and it is a lot of fun. The above posters are right, the earlier waves are the best. Plus you can spend the afternoon drinking beer and watching everyone else suffer :)

Bonus points for funny costumes........

16gamer

Addicted to Softballfans
I forgot to mention that they have photographers at almost every obstacle and they e-mail you the photos where your number appears, provided they can read it :)

It was pretty cool to see photos of myself, covered in mud and jumping over the fire pits.

RodeoClown

ACCOUNT DELETED
me and the wife signed up for the 1st time this year....we picked a morning start time so we could get drunk and watch the rest of the people come in

Nietzsche

Drowned God
I did one recently. And I thought I did well by winning my heat. Then I saw my overall rankings and bowed my head.

Something like 80 something out of 6000 people that weekend.

Still had a blast and some of it was damn scary.....running over the pit on the narrow bar was pretty intense bc one slip and a wrong fall and you'd probably hurt yourself.

I train pretty hard each week and there were plenty of fit people blowing by the course in record time.

Nietzsche

Drowned God
A bit of advice.

If you can gut through a crossfit workout....that alone it WILL vault you ahead of at least half of the field. A few friends of mine train crossfit 4x a week and they each placed in the top 10 of their heats.

Don't drink before the race. Cannot stress that enough. People showed up early, pre gamed like a they were at a tailgate and embarrased themselves while entertaining everyone watching.

Hotties galore. Fit, sexy women that got dirty, hot and bothered THEN sloshed around in mud oh and nearly all drank like it was Spring Break. Which made most of the buzzed guys try even harder and fail that much more.

Win win. :eek:

cpizzle

Addicted to Softballfans
I did it back in October. I was never really a great runner but I also train pretty hard, and finished 307 out of about 6000 (http://www.warriordash.com/documents/WDMidAtlanticOASaturday.pdf).

If you're going to do it for time, make sure you get in the beginning of your heat and get off to a fast start, even if it hurts you a little later. Waiting for people to clear obstacles sucks. Also, do it early in the day before the course gets muddy and harder to run.

Lots of hot girls, lots of fun. It is a lot harder than it looks. I can run a pretty fast road 5k without a whole lot of effort, but this has alot of crappy terrain to run through and some of the obstacles are draining. There was a "breathless bog" near the end which killed me, the water was so cold that it like shocked my legs and I could barely run the rest of the way.

Overall, I highly recommend.

-TC-

Manager
I forgot to mention that they have photographers at almost every obstacle and they e-mail you the photos where your number appears, provided they can read it :)

It was pretty cool to see photos of myself, covered in mud and jumping over the fire pits.

Wow, that is pretty cool, should be some awesome pictures

I did one recently. And I thought I did well by winning my heat. Then I saw my overall rankings and bowed my head.

Something like 80 something out of 6000 people that weekend.

Still had a blast and some of it was damn scary.....running over the pit on the narrow bar was pretty intense bc one slip and a wrong fall and you'd probably hurt yourself.

I train pretty hard each week and there were plenty of fit people blowing by the course in record time.

Good to know, what were some of the better times? And any recommendation on shoes? I was thinking of wearing my old pair of new balance turfs but they are kinda heavy.

cpizzle

Addicted to Softballfans
Just wear old shoes you don't mind getting ruined. They have donation spots for them at the end of the race so you can give them to charity. I ran in an old pair of trail-style running shoes. It's only 3 miles your shoes aren't going to make that much of a difference. The end of the course is just a massive mud pit, there's no way to not get covered.

Nietzsche

Drowned God
Anything you wear will be covered in dust, dirt, mud and sweat.

It won't matter what you wear just bring a full change of clothes. And don't wear a high end watch or jewelry like some of the people there only to lose them during the course.

Looking back just showing up sober and well rested will vault you ahead of half the field and having a decent level of fitness puts you into the upper one third.

Good luck.