Anyone know anything about beef protein powder

MP33

Addicted to Softballfans
A girl at my gym is allergic to whey, egg, soy protein. Basically all she can take is beef protein. Anyone have any experience/knowledge with it? Thanks.

And yes, she is freaking hot, does bikini competitions :D Would post a pic but don't know how to get them from instagram to here :(

LngBallLvr

Addicted to Softballfans
She is asking for beef protein and you come asking us what to do? Dude, handle it. Give her some beef protein.

trip

stfu
pull one up on instagram and then press the power button and the home button at the same time.. creates a screenshot of your phone.. upload to photobucket

and i ate a beef protein bar from the whole grocer and it tasted like absolute butthole. it was like someone set hamburger out in the sun for a couple months, sprinkled some lawry's on it, and wrapped it up

trip

stfu
his dad is also worth about 15MM, so he's prolly looking forward to that inheritance someday

saimin

Starting Player
If she's not allergic, I'd have her look at a pea and rice combo protein. Together they provide a complete amino acid profile. Vega makes a couple good ones that taste pretty good. Rice protein can sometimes have a bit of a chalky taste.

The whole idea of beef protein that wasn't in steak or hamburger form always seemed weird to me. MuscleMeds Carnivore was the first to really push their beef (protein) at the public and MusclePharm recently came out with their Arnold Series Iron Mass. I haven't tried either though

cpmiller

Addicted to Softballfans
Did a tub of Carnivore awhile back, definitely a different consistency than your typical whey blend, isolate etc. Didn't taste nearly as good either.

dafox

Fox in Socks
With the cost of beef, Anyone who thinks beef protein is coming from the actually tissue of cows is fooling themselves.

It's actually collagen and gelatin disguised as "hydrolyzed" beef protein. They pretty much use everything else from the cow and treat it with a series of hot water and dilute acid and then filter it to a thick liquid that is dried.
(The amino acid profile is extremely poor -- that's why they have to add bcaa's and creatine)

stork

Rocky Mountain Oyster aka DirtDog
What about desiccated liver tabs? I used to take those years back when I was a gym rat and seemed to work pretty good. Heard some things against since then, but forget what and if legitimate.