anyone use Presciption oakley lenses?

cshyne

The Veteran
Been thinking of the best glasses to use while playing, anyone use the prescription Oakley lenses? If so, anywhere to get them reletively cheap without having to spend an arm and a leg? cheapest ive see was around 280-320 for just clear.

blldwg23

Coach
That's pretty much what they are going to be most places for Oakley RX. My wife used to work at an optical shop and Oakley sets their own prices and for the most part if you sell their product that's the price you charge.

TonyB

Addicted to Softballfans
I had prescription Flak Jackets with iridium and persimmon lenses before I got LASIK. They worked fine except that they would fog up on cool/humid nights.

blldwg23

Coach
Especially if you are looking at something like an M Frame or Straight Jackets Etc. Those glasses have to be sent to Oakley for the lenses. I bought a pair of Oakley Metal framed glasses (can't remember the style) amyway I was able to have a Dr. that cut his own lenses cut me a pair to fit them which saved some $$$. But if you want the Oakley lenses (which are pretty dang good) you gonna have to pay the Oakley price.

shifletd

Addicted to Softballfans
For sure, M frames and flak jackets are more expensive lenses I think. My Gascans had to be sent to Oakley to be cut still, but the lenses I think were cheaper (still nice polarized lenses though). Regardless, insurance picked up a decent portion of the tab.

cshyne

The Veteran
I have the oakley flak jackets. Thanks everyone for the great information! Shifletd... which pair did you get from zenni, hard to tell online which are worth a damn?

shifletd

Addicted to Softballfans
nevermind, didn't now your link was a specific product link! thanks guys!

I've ordered lots of stuff from them, takes a couple weeks but hard to beat the price. The green frames I linked are what I use, been working out great for me.

low0r

The Veteran
I have a pair of subscription Oakley sun glass lenses and they were almost $600 bucks with frame and all. No clue where to get them cheaper..

jf2k4

<font color="#3300FF">Outstanding Good Dealer</fon
selectspecs.com

They have like 5 models in prescription, but hey if you like one of them.. that's $200-240 without insurance.

Fatt_Tony_13

Fatt boy on a diet...
I got a pair of prescription Oakley glasses and a pair of Oakley Flak Jackets for 5-600 bucks at lenscrafters.

JESSE55

Coach
Best bet is to buy the frames from someone that sells them at a discount, (100% mark up is list price) then get the script lens from where you can.

B-REAL09

Dont Even Trip
Pick this up for $178 total out the door.

picture.php

Richmond_Ump

Addicted to Softballfans
We literally just picked up my son's new Oakley Rx glasses. A bit of a story - we bought him Flak Jackets (found a great cheap pair at Oakley outlet for $89). The people working there said it wasn't too expensive to convert them to RX. We went to Lenscrafters (one of very few authorized dealers) and for what we wanted to do (either transitions or one clear set/one sun set) it was in the $500 range.

Well, since he was under 12, they had a special - frames and lenses 50% off. But they had to be "eyeglasses" not sunglasses. The very nice clerk told me that there was a model that a lot of the US Olympic team used last year called Crosslinks - team USA model (google image them). We got those with polarized, transition lenses for like $300. They don't look nearly as cool as flak jackets, but they are better than his rec specs and he loves them. Just an option out there.

As for the $89 frames...we gave them to our other son for making straight A's and he bought some new lenses that he liked better....

redneck1991

Addicted to Softballfans
I got a pair of liberty sport prescriptions that are as good as oakleys in my opinion but cost about half the price.

Qoheleth52

Addicted to Softballfans
I have 2 pair of rx Oakleys, but have not even considered spending $600 for Oakley lenses. Find a good optical shop that cuts their own lenses; the best machines now can do anything.

For the last ones I had made, I bought the frames on the bay--cheap--got a discount eye exam at Costco, and had the lenses tinted and put in at the optical shop with the latest equipment, out the door for less than $200 without insurance. The frames I bought didn't even have the plastic demo lenses in them to trace the pattern and these guys had no problem with it, though most optical shops will tell you it can't be done. The first pair of Gascans they made me a couple of years ago are still in great shape. Got them done in the $200 range with insurance which included the frames from the shop.

sleepin4matty

Management Material
If you're going to be wearing the lenses for any type of sport I HIGHLY recommend getting actual Oakley lenses. Any of those glass or non impact resistant lenses will cause serious damage to your eyes if hit by a bally or anythign else....

cole1127

The Veteran
RX Oakleys

If you know anybody that is a government employee they can join a website called "US Standard Issue". They sell Oakley glasses, bags, boots and other items for much cheaper. I wear a pair of RX Flak Jackets and paid $200. Replacement lenses are approximately $100. Its nothing but a outlet website for Oakley to provide Oakley products to government employees. You can go to the website and look around but have to join to view the prices. Good Luck, Cole

mannyfresh

The Rookie
Plase let me know if you get a response on that. I was looking in to that also and they are really expensive. I might just have to get them but of course I would rather try to get a good deal if I could.

RT Addict

\m/NEED MORE COWBELL\m/
If you know anybody that is a government employee they can join a website called "US Standard Issue". They sell Oakley glasses, bags, boots and other items for much cheaper. I wear a pair of RX Flak Jackets and paid $200. Replacement lenses are approximately $100. Its nothing but a outlet website for Oakley to provide Oakley products to government employees. You can go to the website and look around but have to join to view the prices. Good Luck, Cole

Yep - I got a pair of M Frame Strikes, prescription for $140.... sweet deal.