Anywhere to pick up on a game or two in Palm Springs?

popo4u

Addicted to Softballfans
I am going to be in Palm Springs from 10/16 to 10/19. I wouldn't mind picking up on a game or two during that time. Any good places to play ball (get picked up)?

krakrt

Addicted to Softballfans
Just show up at the BLD there in cathedral city, games every night of the week, pretty east to pick up games. If you want to get BP in let me know an ill see what I can get going.

popo4u

Addicted to Softballfans
Any BP would have to be in the evening since I will be in a conference all day. It looks like Thursday after 5pm would be the best or I will just show up at BLD and see if I can get in a game or two.

What saction do they play out there?

dychen

Phoenix SuperDraft
BLD is a mixture of ASA and USSSA. They have some wacky rules like not hitting middle. Runner can take off on pitcher's release. USSSA bats with ASA stamped balls in some. 12ft high arc with pitch fakes, etc. Just be prepared for anything.

popo4u

Addicted to Softballfans
What kind of weird ass rules are those...maybe I will just bring my Flipper then...

dychen

Phoenix SuperDraft
What kind of weird ass rules are those...maybe I will just bring my Flipper then...

They are a private company basically do whatever they want to try and appeal to the masses.

It gets cold up in Palm Springs at night, I'd be careful with the Flipper.

popo4u

Addicted to Softballfans
SCN9???????????????

I have never played at a BLD. No hitting middle is no bueno though.

krakrt

Addicted to Softballfans
It's modified usssa, its plate and mat for a strike, staring 1-1 count. Pitches must be above the battered head and no higher then 12 feet. No fakes, jukes, or windmill pitching. Depending on the division, single A 1 homerun until the other team hits 1 then you can hit another. Just an out of you do hit one. AA gets 3 and then 1 up. Balls are 44/375 weather next week is supposee to be 90's during the day and 70's at night. Pm me if u need more info