Are Demarini Aftermaths still relevant.

clementeunknown

Addicted to Softballfans
In ASA/USA how relevant are the Demarini Aftermath bats nowadays compared to other manufacturers new tech like Miken/Worth, Anarchy, Easton etc? I see that recently Demarini AMs are not as common as the others. Have the other bat companies caught up or surpassed Demarini? I have a chance to trade my 18 DC41 for a Black/Gold AM, would that be a good deal?

They're still good. The new Miken and Worth options just make less demand for them, making it easier to get them for a good price. I haven't been impressed with the ASA DC's so I'd say it's a solid deal.

Bagz

Bang!!
Personally i think all flips are better than the rest of the ASA stuff. They may not be as hot out of wrapper but 3-500+ hits on them they are above the rest according to radar. I haven't hit the 19 line of Miken and Worth yet, but im about to in the next week or so to see if they can make me put down the usa flipper. 19 juggy is going to be a sleeper this year as well imo. Just haven't got outside with the 19 line yet, just cages with a radar.

dunkky

Personally i think all flips are better than the rest of the ASA stuff. They may not be as hot out of wrapper but 3-500+ hits on them they are above the rest according to radar. I haven't hit the 19 line of Miken and Worth yet, but im about to in the next week or so to see if they can make me put down the usa flipper. 19 juggy is going to be a sleeper this year as well imo. Just haven't got outside with the 19 line yet, just cages with a radar.

To me, all demarini, worth, miken, easton, monsta, all of them are in similar ball park. haven't swung a ton of bats like others from here, but really didn't find any that make me go, wow, this is the one. they all gave me similar performance which is +- 300 off a tee. i do have a preference though.

have you tried any anarchy? that's one manufacturer with a big hype that i haven't tried so far.

BTW300

Addicted to Softballfans
In ASA/USA how relevant are the Demarini Aftermath bats nowadays compared to other manufacturers new tech like Miken/Worth, Anarchy, Easton etc? I see that recently Demarini AMs are not as common as the others. Have the other bat companies caught up or surpassed Demarini? I have a chance to trade my 18 DC41 for a Black/Gold AM, would that be a good deal?

Not sure if Miken/Worth has surpassed them but Demarini was the first to come out with the divergence(inner barrel) technology that worked well with the 52/300 balls.

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
ABSOLUTELY they are still relevant .. to me anyways.. other manufacturers (new tech) is demarini's tech, demarini was using doublewall, double barrel/innerbarrel whatever others call their stuff in thier aluminum bats from waaay back..

scottydoesnt

Extra Hitter
Still relevant. People just like to hate on Demarini, and are delusional that Miken/Worth make an equivalent product. lol.

Also,
Make the trade ASAP.

dunkky

u don't like dc41? what's so special about 13 am? dc41 is a beast of its own. kinda curious cuz people's reaction is like, "u must do it".

by the way, i love demarini bats also and dc41.

clementeunknown

Addicted to Softballfans
u don't like dc41? what's so special about 13 am? dc41 is a beast of its own. kinda curious cuz people's reaction is like, "u must do it".

by the way, i love demarini bats also and dc41.

The DC is a 26 it's light for me. Other than tah I'd be fine with the Miken. The AM is a 28 but comes in at 27.5 onthe scale with athletic tape on the handle.

jkwoody22

League ball huer
Dc’s are readily available and the 13am is highly sought after for performance and price it can fetch, being a 28 will get less, but performance is what you make it, I had a 28 and it needed a couple hundreds hits to get going, if it fits your swing make the trade

Jusrah99

Outstanding Bad Mudasuka!
The DC is a 26 it's light for me. Other than tah I'd be fine with the Miken. The AM is a 28 but comes in at 27.5 onthe scale with athletic tape on the handle.

Do it. Aftermaths are still a solid choice, but i think whats more important is personal preference. I hate bats that are too light, so i’d make that trade in a heartbeat

MPT23

Putting on the foil

I have a 28 oz. 15 og am, scales at 27.3 with 1.1 lizard skin. I have the 16 usa am in a 28 and 30 oz., they scale at 27.4 and 28.7 respectively with 1.8mm lizard skins on them. My 15 og is absolute fire and my current asa gamer.

clementeunknown

Addicted to Softballfans
Well my friend flaked on me. I even offered him $40 on top of the deal and he said he had more than that into the AM. I was going be $150 into the deal with the DC41 + $40 which still was a good deal for me, oh well. We borrowed each other's bats for the week and I was hitting some nasty shots with the AM, a lot better than the DC41 but I'm sure it was mostly because of the feel. I'll be on the look out for a good deal on a 2013 AM

TLDR - My friend flaked on the deal, I was hitting better with the 2013 AM, I am hooked on the 2013 AM

Normy

Well my friend flaked on me. I even offered him $40 on top of the deal and he said he had more than that into the AM. I was going be $150 into the deal with the DC41 + $40 which still was a good deal for me, oh well. We borrowed each other's bats for the week and I was hitting some nasty shots with the AM, a lot better than the DC41 but I'm sure it was mostly because of the feel. I'll be on the look out for a good deal on a 2013 AM

TLDR - My friend flaked on the deal, I was hitting better with the 2013 AM, I am hooked on the 2013 AM
Sorry to hear. Maybe he'll change his mind again. Did your red Portent blow?

Rgates8

I just picked up one of those black beauties for myself and BP’d the other night. It was nice, not sure yet if it will be my favorite. I agree with dunkky,
Don’t think they aren’t all pretty similar. It’s my belief that they are, if I had to pick one to be stuck with forever it would be 16’ USA hands down. That seems to be the closest match for my swing type(which is slow) and the feel of the weight distribution of the bat. A lot of guys on here say the 15’ OG is best of all, that’s the only one I don’t have yet so I can’t say that.

ShortYellowBus

I just picked up one of those black beauties for myself and BP’d the other night. It was nice, not sure yet if it will be my favorite. I agree with dunkky,
Don’t think they aren’t all pretty similar. It’s my belief that they are, if I had to pick one to be stuck with forever it would be 16’ USA hands down. That seems to be the closest match for my swing type(which is slow) and the feel of the weight distribution of the bat. A lot of guys on here say the 15’ OG is best of all, that’s the only one I don’t have yet so I can’t say that.
If you like those bats...

The White 2017 AM Og and the 2018 Flipper USA.

You can thank me later.

SoftballDad52

Albino Rhino
I personally like the 16 OG which is blue barrel. I have hit all of them many many times. Maybe someone has a 27 they will sell me.

THESHOE

Starting Player
Utrips were garbage. Like just really not good even for the 52s - Until 18TM or maybe some well worked in 17 NBs Demarini was just not very good for 52cor and Utrip stamp. Obv TM and Naut changed all that. And there's reasons the AM tech is not even around any longer in Utrip.

But the ASA are great.