ASA ball question

EAJuggalo

Addicted to Softballfans
League this year is moving from a provided ball to a hit your own .52/300. One of the managers was talking about what he called a "seamless" ball that "outflies everything else on the market." Anyone have any clue what this knucklehead was talking about? The only thing I could come up with was I recalled hearing about a flat seam ball a while back.

TIA

Protectyaneck

The only experience I’ve had with a seamless ball is the Platinum dot BP ball.

when hit properly, you can spin the sh*t out of them, and yes, they hang in the air longer, and gave me an extra 15-20 ft.

They also produced some of the worst knuckleballs I’ve ever seen when hit square.

Maybe this is indicative of this specific BP ball(which is a hair smaller and a bit heavier)? But if ALL seamless balls act like this, not sure how I’d feel if they were used in league play. I’m sure someone with more knowledge/experience than me can offer more insight.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
League this year is moving from a provided ball to a hit your own .52/300. One of the managers was talking about what he called a "seamless" ball that "outflies everything else on the market." Anyone have any clue what this knucklehead was talking about? The only thing I could come up with was I recalled hearing about a flat seam ball a while back.

TIA
I'd bet he means the one piece molded tattoo nx3. It's not rubber with a leather cover, but there are rubber looking seams molded into the one piece design. Mine have the asa stamp.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
I think he is talking about the one piece molded balls like the Tattoo NX3, etc.

This. Tattoo NX3s DO exist for ASA. I've seen them. As far as ASA .52 300 balls go, they're among the best performers. They're also super durable and will last pretty much forever.

That said, I don't know how easy NX3s are to find these days. They're always out of stock.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
The only experience I’ve had with a seamless ball is the Platinum dot BP ball.

when hit properly, you can spin the sh*t out of them, and yes, they hang in the air longer, and gave me an extra 15-20 ft.

They also produced some of the worst knuckleballs I’ve ever seen when hit square.

Maybe this is indicative of this specific BP ball(which is a hair smaller and a bit heavier)? But if ALL seamless balls act like this, not sure how I’d feel if they were used in league play. I’m sure someone with more knowledge/experience than me can offer more insight.

Platinum Dots are the furthest flying balls I've ever hit. They're nowhere near legit. They're smaller and heavier than a regular softball.

I agree they (and NX3s) can knuckle a lot.

Last edited:

dttruax

Addicted to Softballfans
This. Tattoo NX3s DO exist for ASA. I've seen them. As far as ASA .52 300 balls go, they're among the best performers. They're also super durable and will last pretty much forever.

That said, I don't know how easy NX3s are to find these days. They're always out of stock.
They're in stock on ad starr's site. I just bought a dozen.