Asa balls 52/300 help!

greg1292

Coed bomb dropper........
52/300????????????

Thunder heat leather or composite and why????? Most interested in this.

Evil Hot composite vs the competition.

We are using nsa bats and 52/300 asa balls which ball goes farther and
fielders prefer not to field? Read the other threads and could not find
which ball feels solid on contact or do they all feel like socks?

Thanks for the advice would like to order 4 dozen today.

B-radical

Addicted to Softballfans
I highly recommend the Evil's with HOT! I've hit a few different brands, and these fly the furthest. 2nd IMO would be the tattoo ball, composite cover.

Only downside is Evil is out of the .52's right now.....

qhendrix

Addicted to Softballfans
Just my opinion & observation. Evil balls are the best I've seen or used. A lot of teams use the Hycons in our league & by the end of the game the performance is noticeably decreased. I am still using some of the Evils after 4-5 games with no decrease in performance. Actually the only ones that don't last multiple games are the ones we can't find because we hit them so far or someone steals them before we can recover the HR ball. :)

greg1292

Good to know so no love for the leather thunder heat? Use to be
leather was the ball to have.

greg1292

We cant complain about your choice when we dont have balls to sell you :eek:hwell:

That means business is good I guess. Looked for the evils but out so
even if these don't last more than a couple of games I need bp ball
any way's.

When do you expect more in stock?

If I wouldn't over analyze everything I would be posting about Evils instead.

Bobby Buggs

SBF Site Sponsor
Its all good bro, we appreciate you considering the Evils. We should be back in stock later next week. If I didnt have Evils I would have gone the same route as you.

WombatWolf

Addicted to Softballfans
Bobby,

Are we talking about the composite Evil here? I bought a dozen from you guys a few weeks ago, I'm guessing I got leather? Which ball is better?

greg1292

There's a couple dozen on the site right now..... :)

Your killing me since I panicked with league starting next week. I'll
need to wait till I hit the hycons on Monday before I order more. 350 vs
340 is all good. Worst case I got 48 new bp balls

FB1

The Veteran
Your killing me since I panicked with league starting next week. I'll
need to wait till I hit the hycons on Monday before I order more. 350 vs
340 is all good. Worst case I got 48 new bp balls

I personally would choose both Thunders over Evils have hit both. Thunders seem to produce better especially in the heat and humidity.

bchappy3

Addicted to Softballfans
I have had really good luck with the Xrock balls... They seem to last a long time and fly great. leather covers.

gaternation

Addicted to Softballfans
By far the best ball is the leather Dudley thunder heat ball. I have seen and played with all versions and by far the dudley outhits the others. Spend the money it's worth it.

RSTLNE

Addicted to Softballfans
Dudley synthetic ball is mush.

THe Dudley SY is definitely mush. I finally talked my team manager into using the EVIL ball with HOT our last game and that ball is definitely HOT! I noticed some of our hitters went from routine pop-ups to now almost warning track power. This is on a fairly new rec-league team. Thanks to Evil Sports for the sample pack. Now I have to talk the manager into buying them for the whole season next season.

sjury

The Old Man
I play in leagues with both the evils, hycons, and sy. The evils and hycons are about the same, they both stay rocks in heat and hit solid. The Dudley sy are garbage.

markf

Addicted to Softballfans
What about Dudley Leather and Dudley composites. These are both labeled hycon.
I would assume both would probably be ok.....

Ive hit the SY before which was like hitting a pillow.

I also have a league hitting Baden 52s which have held up fairly decent and ive hit the occcasional Demarini 52 which also seemed ok. Ive never hit an Evil ball though.... theyre just a little too spendy for me.

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
Dudley thunder zn is what we use in leagues and although after couple innings they sound like mush they still fly pretty well. Less expensive than tats, evils

rmeeks8137

Addicted to Softballfans
I've used most of the top name 52's mentioned here. As far as my personal experience. TATTOO > X-rock > Evil > Thunder Hycon. There isn't a huge difference between all of them really until you get to the tattoos, maybe it's how they react to the humidity here in houston or some combination of bat & ball but wow, I always know when I'm hitting a tattoo over another. It still makes a nice crack off the bat, the distance is clearly greater, the ball just seems to always fly through the infield quicker, & it holds up better through multiple games and still feels solid. I have no allegiances, just purely an outside perspective based off of a lot of experience.