ASA Catty

AZScorchers

Addicted to Softballfans
I was thinking of picking up ASA Catty because i have heard great things about them. A friend of mine has one that has a tight end cap and looks and feels really solid. But when you look really close it has a few zipper lines. The lines are so faint i can't get them to show up in a digital picture. Is this bat good to go or on its last legs?

EvilE

Daddy 2011!!!!
I was thinking of picking up ASA Catty because i have heard great things about them. A friend of mine has one that has a tight end cap and looks and feels really solid. But when you look really close it has a few zipper lines. The lines are so faint i can't get them to show up in a digital picture. Is this bat good to go or on its last legs?
It means it is very well broken in, end of its life for sure, but hot as hades!! Catty zippers are not like others tho, they usually last quite a while still, and every hit is insanely hot! If the price is cheap do it, otherwise use the money for a nicer one.

EvilE

Daddy 2011!!!!
Mine was the opposite. It developed the zipper cracks and then sharktoothed about 30 swings later. Never got hot either. I'd personally stay away from it if it has zipper cracks. Not a lot of life left.

Well you are a bat breaking machine. Your opinion doesnt count.

kidcatty

"Life's a garden..Dig it"
Well you are a bat breaking machine. Your opinion doesnt count.

Lol.... yeah catty zippers mean the bat is well broken in. I would def not let it be a team bat. I have about 2500 cuts on mine and still no zippers she is hot now but with zippers Iknow she will be at her peak.

AZScorchers

Addicted to Softballfans
Can someone please post some catty zipper pics. I am not sure if these are just in the paint or bat. They will not show up in a picture and you have to look really hard to see them.

thanks

EvilE

Daddy 2011!!!!
Can someone please post some catty zipper pics. I am not sure if these are just in the paint or bat. They will not show up in a picture and you have to look really hard to see them.

thanks

054E018A.jpg

lethwizi1.jpg

Last edited:

3rdFoul

Addicted to Softballfans
In my experience, zippers that run along the barell mean the bat is getting hot. My gamer, to my suprise, has lasted probably a good 1000 hits so far since they started showing up (very faint). At this point, I use my backup for bp. If the zippers run across the barrell stay away imo...it probably means they beat it against a pole.
I will try to take a pic tonight.

fistfull

Addicted to Softballfans
We bought one as a team bat anI think we got a lemon probably 800 hits and it still sucks . How long does it take to break in ?

philphan89

Addicted to Softballfans
im thinking about selling mine cause of college bills :( would have love to break in one of these bad boys