ASA D STATE in Lufkin, TX, anyone playing?

I generally only play Utrip tourney ball but my ASA league team is traveling to Lufkin for the State tourney this weekend. Anyone else going to be there?

MormonBaller

Not really a Mormon
Lufkin used to have some nice fields until the tornado came. I would stay in Nacogdoches though. Better night life and scenery.

Apparently I heard there are only 9 teams total. Originally it was supposed to be a 2 day tourney but now sounds like only a 1 day that shouldn't go to late either. Hopefully we can play well and win this thing.

Bracket is released. 10 teams, if we stay in the winners bracket, we can play and win a minimum of 4 games to win the state championship. First game at 10am, last game at 8pm, double dip game at 9pm on Sat night. Not bad for a state tourney, I was expecting a much bigger turnout but I'll take it.

LBB_82

Master Craftsman...
Bracket is released. 10 teams, if we stay in the winners bracket, we can play and win a minimum of 4 games to win the state championship. First game at 10am, last game at 8pm, double dip game at 9pm on Sat night. Not bad for a state tourney, I was expecting a much bigger turnout but I'll take it.

good luck... I would rather play it 1 day & get it over with, instead of dragging it out :)

According the the TD and my coach, they are allowing any bat that passes compression and isnt on the ASA banned list, even Utrip bats. Sounds crazy, but if they allow it, I will use it. Anyone else ever heard of this, especially in a State tourney?

TEX1959

Addicted to Softballfans
According the the TD and my coach, they are allowing any bat that passes compression and isnt on the ASA banned list, even Utrip bats. Sounds crazy, but if they allow it, I will use it. Anyone else ever heard of this, especially in a State tourney?

Sounds like they are running it like they do the local league.
But not many other than ASA bats pass the compression tester they have here. Have only seen 1 Z1000 out there that passed, the director said they were failing brand new still in the wrapper. Know they had the tester sent off during the off season to have it cked. Lot of bats that passed last year didn't pass this year, such as well broken in ASA bats. So don't come assuming that you can use just about anything.

LBB_82

Master Craftsman...

You will probably be playing with the 52/300 ASA balls. Trust me, I have hit Trump's & Worth Hot dots, they are not effected by the heat & fly if struck properly...