ASA DB vs ASA Wanted

EvilE

Daddy 2011!!!!
Which is the better overall bat? Just curious what the Combatants have to say. (I didnt search first, so my apologies if this has been covered previously. Im lazy) Anyways, LMK, thanks!!!

Rega17

'MERICA
E I'll have both in hand Tuesday. It may be Wednesday before I swing them but I'll let ya know what I think.

usmcluberti

Banned User
I honestly think the first 100 swings go to the db...but the wanted feels nice and really hope it opens up. The wanted sounds louder and has decent exit speed but the db is slightly better for a few of us that took some swings with both. I'll keep hacking over the next few weeks and lyk the outcome

Akij987

Looking forward to some more results, my other half gave me the go ahead to purchase a new stick for the season. Need a new ASA only stick and can't decide between the wanted and derby boys.

ATL Rookie

Manager
My DB is MUCH more endloaded. The wanted almost feels balanced in comparison. As far as weight goes, both seemed to swing really easily, didnt feel heavy to me at all.

matt_lucero54

Banned User
The wanted feels way more endload. As I posted before id go wanted for asa. And derby boys for utrip. Had a demo this weekend and both were solid. The new optimal balance makes no sense to me even after the combat guy explained it cause they def feel endloaded.

JJF13

Addicted to Softballfans
true dat. but why would anyone use ups?

3 days to get from Georgia to NC with USPS, 2 days to get form Michigan to NC UPS. Prices same to ship, and UPS has never lost or damaged a package that I have shipped or received. USPS can't say the same thing.

I honestly think the first 100 swings go to the db...but the wanted feels nice and really hope it opens up. The wanted sounds louder and has decent exit speed but the db is slightly better for a few of us that took some swings with both. I'll keep hacking over the next few weeks and lyk the outcome

I agree. Out of the wrapper the DB is hotter. I liked the Wanted, but I am definitely not completely sold on it with just around 100 hits. Think I am going to put some swings on it with a 44/575, then go back to the 44/400 and 52/275s and see from there.

Looking forward to some more results, my other half gave me the go ahead to purchase a new stick for the season. Need a new ASA only stick and can't decide between the wanted and derby boys.

Personal opinion DB all day

well guys?? what are your thoughts? opinions? which is more endloaded- Wanted or DB?

I liked the DB a ton better. Hotter out of the wrapper, better exit speed, feel when swung, feel when ball came off. The Wanted may become my BP bat because unless something changes sometime soon I don't think it will be hot enough for me to use in games.

The wanted feels way more endload. As I posted before id go wanted for asa. And derby boys for utrip. Had a demo this weekend and both were solid. The new optimal balance makes no sense to me even after the combat guy explained it cause they def feel endloaded.

About even for me. The Wanted felt more balanced than the DB with the facotyr grip on there. With one layer of athletic tape the Wanted felt just a tad, very, very smidge more endloaded.

dford42

Addicted to Softballfans
i think you guys are crazy that thibk the DB is endloaded as much or moreso than the Wanted. JMO ;)

LuckyMatthews

#SelfProclaimedEastonGuru
I didn't feel like the DB was heavy endloaded, but it was a moddest EL in the 27oz I swung. The ASA DB is the hottest ASA Combat I have ever hit without a doubt. I can't speak on the wanted yet, but the DB is good IMO.

abitskrewd

Addicted to Softballfans
I didn't feel like the DB was heavy endloaded, but it was a moddest EL in the 27oz I swung. The ASA DB is the hottest ASA Combat I have ever hit without a doubt. I can't speak on the wanted yet, but the DB is good IMO.

quoted for truth. i have a 27oz DB ASA and it is lights out. the sound indoors is insane. it turns heads like the sound the Z made when first swung inside. i would like to swing the wanted to tell you which is better, but if its as close to my DB, you cant go wrong with either.

Hebrew Hacker

Derby Jew
quoted for truth. i have a 27oz DB ASA and it is lights out. the sound indoors is insane. it turns heads like the sound the Z made when first swung inside. i would like to swing the wanted to tell you which is better, but if its as close to my DB, you cant go wrong with either.

Keep an eye on the NJ thread for when I'm coming up next. Rich and a few others want to try them...I'll definitely be hitting somewhere.

As far as which is better...I'm still torn. If I had to pick one right now I'd say DB, but I'm leaning more and more towards the Wanted.

ktown808

The Unknowns
Well I found a buyer for my Helmer so am picking up the Wanted soon. Derby Boys should be here today or tomorrow!

Or should I just keep the Helmer? Or is the Wanted as good as the Z is? Decisions!!!! Lol

Rog

Addicted to Softballfans

DB over x2 or s1?? im stuck between those and a triad. i love me some easton but im thinking about getting something else.

JJF13

Addicted to Softballfans
Well I found a buyer for my Helmer so am picking up the Wanted soon. Derby Boys should be here today or tomorrow!

Or should I just keep the Helmer? Or is the Wanted as good as the Z is? Decisions!!!! Lol

Depends on how much you like your Helmer. I would get the wanted before I would any Eastons after my last experience with the older Helmers.

My Wanted is not as good as my old Z2000. I like the endload better on the Wanted as compare to the endload on my old Z. The Wanted wasn't as hot out of the wrapper. I'm not giving up on it yet, but it isn't as good as my DBs.

itm23

Addicted to Softballfans
I have used both the db 275 and asa wanted both straight out of wrapper liked the feel of the wanted better

EvilE

Daddy 2011!!!!
I have used both the db 275 and asa wanted both straight out of wrapper liked the feel of the wanted better

I was inquiring about the ASA orange DB, not the 275. The 275 of course wont be as hot as the ASA only DB.....

alteredzx

Bazinga
i have swung both many times. To me there is no comparison. a 2 piece bat compared to a 1 piece bat.

The ASA DB is smokin hot! The SS is huge and very forgiving. Pretty stiff to me. When it opens up its crazy. The exit speed is scary.

The ASA Wanted just doesnt do it for me. I keep hitting it trying to get a feel for it and cant. My teammate has hit and he smokes the ball. It fits his swing very well. I do have a faster swing speed than him so I might be over swinging it. It was a lot of flex to me. The SS doesnt seem as big or forgiving.

JJF13

Addicted to Softballfans
You are crazy. I feel no flex. And I retract my previous post. My Wanted is officially as good as my Z2K was, and does feel about the same.