ASA Derby Boys question

TDW13

Come At Me Bro!
I got a ASS only DB from the store. I took it out of the wrapper today to swing a few during BP then our ASA indoor league. After about 20 swings with ASA Spirit balls the bat is webbed up and had what looks like two vertical lines of zipper marks that are about 1 inch long on each spot. I'm wondering if this is normal break in for the DB's. I have indoor league tomorrow and I plan on swinging it. I'd just hate to break it so quickly. Bat was very good from swing 1. Cage has a radar and first swing went 105mph right back off the screen. My broken in st100 is anywhere between 105-110mph. Should I call in to CS to have them make note of this in case it does break tomorrow.

saint

Voted '15 Mod of the Year
they dont need much bp

tough without pics but that sounds normal and we call it 'tracking'

TDW13

Come At Me Bro!
Hopefully this helps. Keep in mind that this is only 20-25 bp swings.
IMG_20130318_212605_832.jpg

IMG_20130318_212540_818.jpg

alteredzx

Bazinga
Its hard to tell. My ASA DB is webbed to begeezus and looks like that and is still going strong at 600-700 swings.

JJF13

Addicted to Softballfans
I got a ASS only DB from the store. I took it out of the wrapper today to swing a few during BP then our ASA indoor league. After about 20 swings with ASA Spirit balls the bat is webbed up and had what looks like two vertical lines of zipper marks that are about 1 inch long on each spot. I'm wondering if this is normal break in for the DB's. I have indoor league tomorrow and I plan on swinging it. I'd just hate to break it so quickly. Bat was very good from swing 1. Cage has a radar and first swing went 105mph right back off the screen. My broken in st100 is anywhere between 105-110mph. Should I call in to CS to have them make note of this in case it does break tomorrow.

One of the times that typos have me cracking up. Yes pun intended

Flyman

GEAUX TIGERS!!
Start saying your goodbyes to the one in the first pic. And 105 mph? Is that radar accurate?? I guess you break bats on the regular then?

FAT JESUS

More than likely
Start saying your goodbyes to the one in the first pic. And 105 mph? Is that radar accurate?? I guess you break bats on the regular then?

He scares people, trust me.

Sorry to see that bud, you gonna hit on Sat anymore or are you hitting with KBI?

TDW13

Come At Me Bro!
I've been hitting with KBI usually a couple times a week. I do like the bat though. If it breaks, hopefully Combat doesn't make me use a return since its been 2 days.

Ultima95

South TX DLAS
My Utrip DB got a few like that in the first 25 swings and hasn't gotten any worse. It is probably around 100 swings now.

TDW13

Come At Me Bro!
Well it broke last night during league play. Maybe another 12-15 hits on it so I'd say less than 50 altogether. I'm calling Combat this morning. Hopefully I don't have to use a return on this.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member

I'd be surprised if that's accurate. ESPN's Sports Science said that Bo Jackson's record longest home run in Kansas City was 115mph. It doesn't take much to confuse your average radar gun.

alteredzx

Bazinga
I'd be surprised if that's accurate. ESPN's Sports Science said that Bo Jackson's record longest home run in Kansas City was 115mph. It doesn't take much to confuse your average radar gun.

That was the one he hit over the fountains. MONSTER!

TDW13

Come At Me Bro!
I'm not sure how accurate the guns are. This is a sports performance place that trains all ages of baseball players so they have the cages all installed with radar guns that read the speeds hit and/or pitched. I'm just giving you the numbers I've seen while I'm hitting.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm sure it's still a good baseline for you to work with, even if it's not 100% accurate. I'd just like to have a freaking cage down here.

TDW13

Come At Me Bro!
Here in chicagoland we have more cages than we do Walgreens. They have turned all these vacant industrial buildings into cages/performance centers.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I live in a relatively small city down here, and they usually have one going at a time, but they're solely for fastpitch/baseball. The last one I talked to wouldnt' even let us hit in an empty cage if we provided everything.

FAT JESUS

More than likely
There are multiple facilities out here that have 10+ cages that are all self pitch with screens available, as well as most of them having wide open infield practice areas. Theres a lot of money floating around our area, and HS sports are serious business. That results in lots of options for us. For the record, I know TDW personally and have played on league teams and hit BP with him. If anyone on here is close to 105mph its him, and Im gonna leave it at that. Let the nuthugging accusations begin.

D I think Combat will take care of you, at least I hope so, I dont have the history that these guys do but they seem pretty good about that stuff.

TDW13

Come At Me Bro!
I talked to them this morning and they said they wouldn't charge me a warranty replacement since its only been a couple days. I mailed the bat back to them today so I guess we will see.

EvilE

Daddy 2011!!!!
There are multiple facilities out here that have 10+ cages that are all self pitch with screens available, as well as most of them having wide open infield practice areas. Theres a lot of money floating around our area, and HS sports are serious business. That results in lots of options for us. For the record, I know TDW personally and have played on league teams and hit BP with him. If anyone on here is close to 105mph its him, and Im gonna leave it at that. Let the nuthugging accusations begin.

D I think Combat will take care of you, at least I hope so, I dont have the history that these guys do but they seem pretty good about that stuff.

Wow, it sounds like u are completely in love! Just ask him out already, sheesh.