Asa Ghost

Jusrah99

Outstanding Bad Mudasuka!
Yea, i have to get another session in with it, so far its kinda weird...

I'm an Easton guy and i love the Baker, this bat just feels different. It def feels like a bat with an inner barrel like the Aftermath and PT. It has a weird sounds on contact like you never really get a hold of the ball...but it has good exit speed. I'll get a more thorough review out soon

Steve226

Addicted to Softballfans
Their online chat says the SP18GH releases Friday, September 1st.
They had no other information. No price, nothing. Kinda strange how secretive it is considering it is supposed to come out in 3 days.

johnny darter

Addicted to Softballfans
do does this mean that it's already fully broken in then?
C

One can only imagine....How Easton pulled this off is beyond me. They've been outta the ASA bat game since 2014 IMO. I'd like to hear a full review from on exit speed, distance, & such w someone w a broken in fastpitch Easton Ghost. & why release this bat at the end of the season?

johnny darter

Addicted to Softballfans
Any updates on your BP session?

Yea, i have to get another session in with it, so far its kinda weird...

I'm an Easton guy and i love the Baker, this bat just feels different. It def feels like a bat with an inner barrel like the Aftermath and PT. It has a weird sounds on contact like you never really get a hold of the ball...but it has good exit speed. I'll get a more thorough review out soon

Jusrah99

Any updates on your BP session?

haven't been able to get to BP yet because of work. I play tonight, so i might break it out to swing...i'll keep you posted...

Any new info on the Ghost i.e. weights the bat comes in, ASA only, how does it hit the 52's etc.?

I currently have a 26 and 27...

Based on other models, i would say they'll come out with 26, 27, and 28 for sure...

It is ASA only, and it hits the 52's well, just sounds weird...

jhitman

haven't been able to get to BP yet because of work. I play tonight, so i might break it out to swing...i'll keep you posted...

Based on other models, i would say they'll come out with 26, 27, and 28 for sure...

Any idea of the price tag? Also, is it a stiff barrel as those bats hit the 52's far better than the flex barreled bats?

Jusrah99

Any idea of the price tag? Also, is it a stiff barrel as those bats hit the 52's far better than the flex barreled bats?

I have the prototype, but i'm assuming the slowpitch model will retail for 349.99 like the Ghost, and drop as the season goes on as normal. Eventually they'll be at $100...lol

johnny darter

Addicted to Softballfans

Sounds weird like an OG Z1000 or what? Have u hit it against any other bats: Torch, EST, Aftermath?

Crusty

Addicted to Softballfans
anyone know if the asa ghost release yet?

Only the fast pitch was released. I had heard they were expecting a full launch of USSSA and ASA this month. However the rumors I am hearing now is that the ASA line may not be ready until late October.

bndawgs

President-Elect
Only the fast pitch was released. I had heard they were expecting a full launch of USSSA and ASA this month. However the rumors I am hearing now is that the ASA line may not be ready until late October.
lol, just in time for most of the leagues to be done for the winter.

jhitman

lol, just in time for most of the leagues to be done for the winter.

So we East coast cold weather guys can decide if it's worth the money all Winter. Jusrah99 will give us an update soon on what he thinks about it.

Jusrah99

Swung it in a game...(the ump was confused on why the stamp was scratched out and seemed weirded out by the prototype, but he let me swing it...)

First of all, it sounds TERIBBLE!!! Its like hitting a 44 375 that was left in the heat then used in 100+ degree weather with a wood bat...just louder...lol

I will get out asap to make another video, but here are a few thoughts.

We were hitting Gold Dot 52's and although it sounded weird, exit speed was pretty nice. The inner barrel tech for any manufacturer IMO is great for the 52's anyway, so i did like how it performed.

It doesn't feel like any of the past Eastons, and i can't really explain what the bat feels like...but i should have a better assessment out to you guys once i'm able to get out and BP...

Sorry for lack of details, i will update with more info soon...

BRAINTRAIN

Addicted to Softballfans
I don't ever swing Asa other then to demo as I'm from Canada and we only play utrip. But if I had to explains the feel of the asa project 9. I would say it feels like the barrel compresses and you hit the ball of the inner shell. Feels really weird the first time. Fast pitch ghost feels the same but stiffer then the slopitch version.
Can't really compare it to any other asa bats tho because I have none.

Jusrah99

so you hit it, but you don't know anything about it? lol jk

I guess to explain a little more...you can feel that it has the inner barrel tech. It feels like the Aftermath or Miken/Worth lines on contact and i think it will have similar performance...but the sound is waaaaaay different than anything i've ever hit...all my teammates were asking me what the hell is wrong with the bat...lol...

With that being said...i'm gamin an ASA PT Maxload, and it is crazy hot right now...i'm a huge fan of the inner barrel stuff and how it performs...i wouldn't say that its head and shoulders above other non-inner barrel bats, i'm just saying you can't ignore the great performance from this technology...

Thomas v

Addicted to Softballfans
Swung it in a game...(the ump was confused on why the stamp was scratched out and seemed weirded out by the prototype, but he let me swing it...)

First of all, it sounds TERIBBLE!!! Its like hitting a 44 375 that was left in the heat then used in 100+ degree weather with a wood bat...just louder...lol

I will get out asap to make another video, but here are a few thoughts.

We were hitting Gold Dot 52's and although it sounded weird, exit speed was pretty nice. The inner barrel tech for any manufacturer IMO is great for the 52's anyway, so i did like how it performed.

It doesn't feel like any of the past Eastons, and i can't really explain what the bat feels like...but i should have a better assessment out to you guys once i'm able to get out and BP...

Sorry for lack of details, i will update with more info soon...

Any update on the asa ghosts ?

Jusrah99

Any update on the asa ghosts ?

I haven’t been out to BP since Nov., but the Ghost i had was sent to BP Hero for his thoughts on it when has a chance to get out and swing.

With the experience i had with it, it performs well with 52’s, just sounds super weird. It did feel like it needed some time to break in, but after a few hundred hits it was performing well. I have said this before, and its what i have heard from a credible source...the production model has been tweaked to perform better than the prototypes that were sent out after receiving feedback from the hitters. Until i have a production model in my hands, i can’t say for sure that it’s true.

So far, the Harvey and the Border Battle Legit have been my favorites for feel and distance...also performing really good right away...

I think the OG AM and the Ghost follow a little behind, then the KP23. These were all similar in performance...i just preferred the Harvey/BB Legit.

If i get my hands on a production model, i’ll update this thread...

crocdriver

I wish this was clever
My teammate just got one and i swung it yesterday. Only 1AB but i think it felt like a broken in OG flex/extended....didn't sound like it though.
My only concern is durability. i know time will tell but with the new technology, but i think that performance has come at the cost of durability nowadays. I really do hope that Easton has made another tank like the OGs

slacker1

Addicted to Softballfans
Put 100 swings on my new Ghost yesterday with the temp just over 70 and hitting only 52/300 balls. Barrel webbed up after 50 swings and really had some pop. Put another 50 swings on it and the barrel Starting showing signs of two small cracks forming right about the middle of the sweet spot. Kinda disappointed with the durability, especially since I am not a big guy and rarely hit the long ball. The performance was pretty good for what that’s worth, but not good enough to spend that kind of money on a bat for only 100 swings by a guy my size.

Jusrah99

Put 100 swings on my new Ghost yesterday with the temp just over 70 and hitting only 52/300 balls. Barrel webbed up after 50 swings and really had some pop. Put another 50 swings on it and the barrel Starting showing signs of two small cracks forming right about the middle of the sweet spot. Kinda disappointed with the durability, especially since I am not a big guy and rarely hit the long ball. The performance was pretty good for what that’s worth, but not good enough to spend that kind of money on a bat for only 100 swings by a guy my size.

Can you put some pics up? I’m curious to see if its just spiral webbing

slacker1

Addicted to Softballfans
I can after work, but I work until midnight. The cracks are a 45 degree angle across the webbing and about 1in long below the paint. I can get a finger nail on both of them easily

slacker1

Addicted to Softballfans
[GALLERY=media, 29311]96689B53-03E4-48AE-B1EE-C37BE3DDD294 by slacker1 posted Feb 11, 2018 at 1:53 PM[/GALLERY]
[GALLERY=media, 29310]59A01640-1BA5-4F26-942B-33A222B7B4FB by slacker1 posted Feb 11, 2018 at 1:53 PM[/GALLERY]
Here r some picks, couldn’t really get a good pic with all the webbing