ASA Miken Ultra 750x performance with 44/400

drewbster

What’s up folks, I’m a bat nerd like most of us here, but I want to hear opinions from many others. My league uses 44/400 balls and the only bat restriction is the 1.20 bpf stamp. I have a 2015 ASA Miken Ultra 750x, which was bought for my old team that was mostly middle school and high school kids. Durability isn’t a big concern, just the performance with a hard ball is. Never broke, still looks new, and hasn’t been used by real men with crazy swing speeds lol. It’s free for me to have, and I’ve been too busy with college for committing to a new bat purchase. Wouldn’t it have the performance advantage compared to comparable utrip models?

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
That bat WON'T have the performance of some of the newer USSSA bats, even with those balls. However, it will be FAR more durable than anything made now.

I'd take the bat and swing it. With .44 400 balls it won't really matter what bat you use on them. The performance will be there. Durability will be more of a concern overall.

ShortYellowBus

That bat is a dual stamp. 1 piece I believe?

Small sweet spot, but great performance if you have a baseball type swings. It worked well for me.

It performs just fine. It’s a beast though.

Free bat!

drewbster

That bat is a dual stamp. 1 piece I believe?

No it’s ASA Only, proudly labeled too hot for utrip lol. That’s actually a reason I got it in the first place, I wanted to feel some cheap advantage cuz another team suddenly had an Ultra II (no bat rules because dumb little church league). My dad (our coach) and I didn’t like that lol

drewbster

does no one look for the proper section anymore?

Lol there’s no way this gets traction in the smaller sections, and I thought it was acceptable for general softball discussion. Aside from the Miken specific discussions, where would I put it? Thought it was pretty general

4xtra

Player/Coach
The 750 is not bad but they are pretty durable.
I had a teammate game one and he batted very well with it. He was a base hitter.