ASA nationals labor day weekend salem va

Stretch19

Grow up
oh dang yall finished 2nd?

they got a good group of dudes for sure...known most of them for a while now, played with a few of them, play against all of them in league ball and more than anything they are always a good bunch to be on the field with...always excited and happy for them when they do well, we open up league ball vs them tonight, so will get to see the new national champs ha

Captain10

E skills playing D Ball
oh dang yall finished 2nd?

they got a good group of dudes for sure...known most of them for a while now, played with a few of them, play against all of them in league ball and more than anything they are always a good bunch to be on the field with...always excited and happy for them when they do well, we open up league ball vs them tonight, so will get to see the new national champs ha

Yeah I play for JLG we finished second.

I dont know if I would call them a "good group of dudes for sure". They ran their mouths pretty hard.

they been a solid D team for a while and back to bagging this year hard

Definitely a D team. Theyre shortstop is a beast. And all them lefties in that line up peel it. Dude came off the bench and pinch hit in the ship and peeled one passed me at short that I had no chance of even getting a glove on. Only swing that dude had against us in two games and hit the ball that hard!

capt couldnt reply to no texts this weekend doe

My bad bro! i got a new phone and number last month! Just sent you a text!!

Stretch19

Grow up
running their mouths pretty hard doesnt take away from them being a good group of dudes or not...how someone acts on the field while in competition against you really is in no way a fair gauge of their character; i know 5-6 guys on that team who would give someone the shirt off their back if they were asked

SFballer2

Addicted to Softballfans
Softball is a fickle sport. Some weekends you can suck (our previous three tournaments combine record 1-7). Some weekends things click (this weekend 7-0). What helped us was being able to make the plays we were suppose to, and our SS having a gold glove weekend! The team all around hit well and picked the others up when they weren't.

The big guy was Russell. He hurt his groin in the game before we played JLG the first time, or else he would have been in the lineup for sure.

Can we compete in D? This weekend I think we could have, but would we have won it? Who knows....
The top 4 teams in E, all could have competed in the D tournament. They were all pretty evenly matched.

As for running our mouths, we may have chirped a little here and there, but historically we are the "nice guys" and we made it point to not be as "friendly" as normal, as that's has never worked before. Thanks for the support Stretch, and I hope that all softball players realize that there is a different mentality "in between the lines", and outside of them.

Tim Green #2
SmashMouth/Dirty Earl & The Boys

ilyk2win

Addicted to Softballfans
Softball is a fickle sport. Some weekends you can suck (our previous three tournaments combine record 1-7). Some weekends things click (this weekend 7-0). What helped us was being able to make the plays we were suppose to, and our SS having a gold glove weekend! The team all around hit well and picked the others up when they weren't.

The big guy was Russell. He hurt his groin in the game before we played JLG the first time, or else he would have been in the lineup for sure.

Can we compete in D? This weekend I think we could have, but would we have won it? Who knows....
The top 4 teams in E, all could have competed in the D tournament. They were all pretty evenly matched.

As for running our mouths, we may have chirped a little here and there, but historically we are the "nice guys" and we made it point to not be as "friendly" as normal, as that's has never worked before. Thanks for the support Stretch, and I hope that all softball players realize that there is a different mentality "in between the lines", and outside of them.

Tim Green #2

You know that the rating system isn't based on what division you could "win it all" in, it's about what division you'd be competitive in?

Sounds like you guys are a D team based on your own admission.

The team that won D is a USSSA C team and undefeated against D teams this year.....and was undefeated against D teams this weekend as well in ASA....LOL.

Captain10

E skills playing D Ball
running their mouths pretty hard doesnt take away from them being a good group of dudes or not...how someone acts on the field while in competition against you really is in no way a fair gauge of their character; i know 5-6 guys on that team who would give someone the shirt off their back if they were asked

Probably should have quoted you saying they are a good group to be on the field with or whatever you said. Unfortunately I dont know them off the field so my opinion is strictly based how they acted on the field. Nothing all that serious, nothing that hurt any feelings, just alot of chirping.

Tim Green #2

Shortstop was definitely nasty and yall boys can hit. Your entire defense made every play youre supposed. Thats how yall won it. Simple as that. No sour grapes over here, yall deserved to win.

Again, the chirping didnt bother me. Unfortunately, there were several comments that were yelled that were heard atleast by me, but also by people watching that were directed AT certain individuals on our team. Not rooting your own team on, but actually directed at certain players. Thats Bush league to me but everybody has their own opinion on it.

At the end of the day, we didnt hit well enough or play good enough defense to win. Thats our fault. Time for us to shape up and get ready to make a run at D next year :D

SFballer2

Addicted to Softballfans
To quote myself: "This weekend I think we could have". Does that mean throughout the season would we have been competitive in D? I, and any other man cannot answer that question. The past three weekends, we would not have competed or even been able to sniff the field in D. Again, everything clicked in unison this past weekend.

But we're grateful for all compliments who think we're that good. It's flattering.

Stretch19

Grow up
yall have played well in USSSA D this year, had some decent success there in a very loaded division, but after hearing who all played in the ASA D this weekend, sounds to me like you were absolutely in the right division

several guys from a USSSA B team played in the D, along with the team that won it, who as already noted, was a USSSA C team

Stretch19

Grow up
Probably should have quoted you saying they are a good group to be on the field with or whatever you said. Unfortunately I dont know them off the field so my opinion is strictly based how they acted on the field. Nothing all that serious, nothing that hurt any feelings, just alot of chirping.

i guess things can be taken or perceived differently when you have known them for years than they can be when you are just playing against them the first time; no matter whether its a tuesday night league game, playing vs them on the weekends, or them sending us home from NSA Super worlds sunday morning, ive always enjoyed playing against this group of guys and to me, they are always a good group to share the field with

Country35

Banned User
To quote myself: "This weekend I think we could have". Does that mean throughout the season would we have been competitive in D? I, and any other man cannot answer that question. The past three weekends, we would not have competed or even been able to sniff the field in D. Again, everything clicked in unison this past weekend.

But we're grateful for all compliments who think we're that good. It's flattering.

basing it off one or a few weekends is bogus and you know that. Play poorly in e or d and you don't win. I've played yall a ton of times, and unless you got worse (both directors I've talked to and teams you have played this year said yall got better) Yall are a D team, thats my opinion. Not the weekend by weekend team. Yall won plenty in D.

Captain10

E skills playing D Ball
yall have played well in USSSA D this year, had some decent success there in a very loaded division, but after hearing who all played in the ASA D this weekend, sounds to me like you were absolutely in the right division

several guys from a USSSA B team played in the D, along with the team that won it, who as already noted, was a USSSA C team

If they experienced success in a "very loaded division", wouldnt that mean they were in the division they were supposed to be all year?

And the other teams in a certain division shouldnt** dictate which division you play. Not saying what those teams are doing are right but playing E instead of D that you played all year is doing the exact same thing.

i guess things can be taken or perceived differently when you have known them for years than they can be when you are just playing against them the first time; no matter whether its a tuesday night league game, playing vs them on the weekends, or them sending us home from NSA Super worlds sunday morning, ive always enjoyed playing against this group of guys and to me, they are always a good group to share the field with

Opinions are like a holes, everyones got one.

basing it off one or a few weekends is bogus and you know that. Play poorly in e or d and you don't win. I've played yall a ton of times, and unless you got worse (both directors I've talked to and teams you have played this year said yall got better) Yall are a D team, thats my opinion. Not the weekend by weekend team. Yall won plenty in D.

Its been my understanding they were hand picked by Andy Dooley as the host team for this tournament. However most of the guys on the team didnt know that.

ilyk2win

Addicted to Softballfans

I hope you're not still stuck on the Above All rumor......LOL

It was said that the Diamond and Ice CF was an A player

It was also alleged that the Sprinkles team was pretty loaded up

Shinetime finished 2nd but didn't appear to be bagging

C&C had team that could arguably have been in C, but their age was their best argument against it

Chickin Lil team seemed to hit the ball very well and had a good P, but I didn't see enough of them to say anything more about D vs C

Stretch19

Grow up
no, i simply asked before if it was the same All Above team; i was talking about the several guys from SAL who typically play USSSA B, who were with Winners Get Sprinkles, playing in the D

Stretch19

Grow up
If they experienced success in a "very loaded division", wouldnt that mean they were in the division they were supposed to be all year?

And the other teams in a certain division shouldnt** dictate which division you play. Not saying what those teams are doing are right but playing E instead of D that you played all year is doing the exact same thing.

USSSA D in NC is pretty loaded...they play USSSA D and have experienced some decent success as I stated in the two USSSA tourneys they played in this year; they are 3-1 vs usssa D teams in NC; 2 of the wins were by 1 run and they are 4-3 vs usssa E teams, as you can see below...

http://usssa.com/slowpitch/Team3/#/?gdSport=17&teamID=2226139

the ASA thing is a bit different however, as there is literally no ASA weekend ball that is played down here...in order to qualify for the Nationals, im pretty sure they went up to VA and won the E State up there

whether its right or wrong, its the same thing that every other team does that ends up winning states, nationals, worlds, whatever...they play other associations at C/Gold/Upper or whatever, then find 1 association they can play D in and do well

congrats to you all for your 2nd place finish

Stretch19

Grow up
Again, the chirping didnt bother me. Unfortunately, there were several comments that were yelled that were heard atleast by me, but also by people watching that were directed AT certain individuals on our team. Not rooting your own team on, but actually directed at certain players. Thats Bush league to me but everybody has their own opinion on it.

hold on, so nobody on your team said anything directed at players on their team? the chirping that was going on was just one sided huh? i dont believe that for a minute

ilyk2win

Addicted to Softballfans
no, i simply asked before if it was the same All Above team; i was talking about the several guys from SAL who typically play USSSA B, who were with Winners Get Sprinkles, playing in the D

Gotcha! Crazy that it seemed everyone knew about those two teams.....who happen to be "local"......yet were allowed to play D.

Stretch19

Grow up
Smashmouth was the host team? We were/are not aware of that, and what does that actually mean?

haha, i was wondering the same thing...maybe you were supposed to get discounts on your lodging or at least a free continental breakfast or something for being bestowed the 'host team' lulz

Captain10

E skills playing D Ball
I hope you're not still stuck on the Above All rumor......LOL

It was said that the Diamond and Ice CF was an A player

It was also alleged that the Sprinkles team was pretty loaded up

Shinetime finished 2nd but didn't appear to be bagging

C&C had team that could arguably have been in C, but their age was their best argument against it

Chickin Lil team seemed to hit the ball very well and had a good P, but I didn't see enough of them to say anything more about D vs C

Sprinkles was definitely loaded.

Heard shinetime could really hit it.

C&C is definitely a good team with a lot of VETS.

Chick Lil has been together for years. Theyve won E and D nationals in SNA I believe and seem to be better every year.

USSSA D in NC is pretty loaded...they play USSSA D and have experienced some decent success as I stated in the two USSSA tourneys they played in this year; they are 3-1 vs usssa D teams in NC; 2 of the wins were by 1 run and they are 4-3 vs usssa E teams, as you can see below...

http://usssa.com/slowpitch/Team3/#/?gdSport=17&teamID=2226139

the ASA thing is a bit different however, as there is literally no ASA weekend ball that is played down here...in order to qualify for the Nationals, im pretty sure they went up to VA and won the E State up there

whether its right or wrong, its the same thing that every other team does that ends up winning states, nationals, worlds, whatever...they play other associations at C/Gold/Upper or whatever, then find 1 association they can play D in and do well

congrats to you all for your 2nd place finish

Thank you. It was a heck of fun run.

what exactly does being picked as a 'host team for the tournament' mean?

No clue about this haha.

hold on, so nobody on your team said anything directed at players on their team? the chirping that was going on was just one sided huh? i dont believe that for a minute

Im not talking about smack talking back and forth thats all fine and good. I have no issue with any of that. Alot of times that makes the game fun.

Im talking about sitting in the dugout yelling things about people individually for no rhyme or reason.

Ya know, the cool thing to do in softball... :cool:

Captain10

E skills playing D Ball
Not sure on the host team thing. Just passing on what I was told. Take it for what its worth.

Stretch19

Grow up
ok, so nobody on your team said anything to any player on their team directly? no mention of anyone with different hair or anyone who 'hit like a *****'?

Stretch19

Grow up
Not sure on the host team thing. Just passing on what I was told. Take it for what its worth.

sounds to me like its worth absolutely nothing and had no reason to be mentioned...they arent even from VA, wouldnt a 'host team' be someone who was at least from that state? more likely the area?