ASA Toxic or Salvo

tt15

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm looking to possibly get one of these bats but have never hit either. What are some recommendations? If you have hit both your opinion is greatly appreciated. Thanks guys

klu

on the mound
I have both.... toxic is straight fire when it webs.... way more distance out of broken in toxic. Salvo is retarded out of the wrapper... more endloaded more pop right off the barrel. My first toxic broke after 250 swings (hit my first n 375' bomb).. I haven't heard of salvos breaking that early. IMO take the salvo, durability seems to be much better. Enjoy either one.

BatBoy25

350 IS NOT A BOMB
I'm looking to possibly get one of these bats but have never hit either. What are some recommendations? If you have hit both your opinion is greatly appreciated. Thanks guys

Salvo swung very very light, I preferred the heft and endload of the toxic over the very balanced Salvo (both 30s). Salvo has a great feel if only they made it in 32oz :D

tz23

Addicted to Softballfans

Which toxic are we speaking of 2010 or 2011?

klu

on the mound
BTW ill sell ya a niw salvo 28oz. Or used 2010 toxic 28oz

Last edited:

tz23

Addicted to Softballfans
the 2010 toxic had to stop production because it was too hot so that says something. but i will say i own the toxic and i have swung the salvo, the salvo is way warmer out of the wraper but my toxic has warmed up nice. Seems like the toxic is much like the miken vicious some seem to get real hot and some just dont have it. I think that is the reason for such mixed reviews on the toxic, but with all this said i would take the toxic but if you go this way just be ready for some break in. If you dont like breaking in a bat buy the salvo.

tz23

Addicted to Softballfans
2010 Toxic is better. Was production stopped on the Salvos because they get too hot? Nope.

Production stop was the reason I bought it.... infact at asa nationals it didn't pass the test so I couldn't even use it, there is no argument that it gets hot. I don't think the salvo is a bad bat BUT I don't think it has the potential that the Toxic has.

AveregeJay

Banned User
2010 Toxic is better. Was production stopped on the Salvos because they get too hot? Nope.

Production stop was the reason I bought it.... infact at asa nationals it didn't pass the test so I couldn't even use it, there is no argument that it gets hot. I don't think the salvo is a bad bat BUT I don't think it has the potential that the Toxic has.

You are correct fine sir.

tz23

Addicted to Softballfans
I use it for slow pitch not modified???? Not sure what your talking about its not illegal in slow pitch asa the toxic is grandfathered in has a 2004 stamp

jordanhill27

Secret Weapon
Well I own both, and I will tell you that the Toxic is a better bat.. I gave my salvo to my brother because my Toxic is so much better. The Salvo has the hype. So most will say its better. But anyone who has swung a broken in Toxic, will say the Toxic.

AveregeJay

Banned User
The only reason people like the Salvo is because of the name, graphics, low price tag and of course the fact that it's the only decent ASA bat Easton has put out in 2-3 years.

ball go far

Addicted to Softballfans
The only reason people like the Salvo is because of the name, graphics, low price tag and of course the fact that it's the only decent ASA bat Easton has put out in 2-3 years.

now you are just trying to get a rise out of people....almost trolling, be careful