ASA vs USSSA bats with the 52 cor 300 comp softballs

robmakingnoyz

Perhaps you should focus less on the props used and direct your attention to the science of non-linear technology verbalized, albeit visually, confirming that by design the non-linear technology has a tremendous value at 90% of the demographic, but it does not have “Meaningful Impact” to dedicated professionals with absolute advantages in their swing.

I don’t mean to be offensive or discouraging to your credibility, but this is a credible scientist from an accredited major university explaining in plain English that non-linear bats have reduced effectiveness in the highest of bat swing range.

If you question him, questions about “you” infer a lack of appreciation of meaningful information to these discussions.

Again. I apologize if this offensive. I suggest you do further research beyond watching a two minute video.

i think i get it...maybe it would help if you could explain how the two levels of stiffness in non linear bats are supposed to work together?

robmakingnoyz

There's a huge difference between no benefit and the drop off he illustrates. I would expect no benefit at some point, aka, the same performance as a non linear bat, but the significant drop off he shows I find hard to believe.

yeah i agree. i can see how there would be no benefit but i didn't understand how it creates a negative for people who swing hard/fast

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
ok i can picture that. so a kid who weighs 125lbs is going to jump a lot higher into the air than a grown man at 275lbs. kinda like the 50mph swing vs the 90mph
Only if the second trampoline is so much lower that the kids doesn't touch it at all, and only if the 275 pound man is in the top 1% of people by weight. As long as we're making illustrations out of pure conjecture and theory.

Then imagine a bunch of 275 lb guys saying they like that single trampoline better, even though in reality, based off of this theory, only 600 lb guys really benefit from it.

Does that line up all the theory with illustrations?

BigWhiffa

Underwear Researcher
what is the guestimate of how many B ballers and under have a swing speed at under 85mph? I'm going to say 97% of them. like even if it was more. basically non linear probably is beneficial to a lion share of hitters. Not to say its for everyone.

Last edited:

Country469

pure bat speed will be higher % wise man.......... ability to maintain bat speed through impact is what you wanna look at. Anyone can whip a 26 around.

Now, having been at the ASA 52 bbs testing, the average BBS off a broken in utrip bat were around 75-80 MPH on average

robmakingnoyz

Only if the second trampoline is so much lower that the kids doesn't touch it at all, and only if the 275 pound man is in the top 1% of people by weight. As long as we're making illustrations out of pure conjecture and theory.

Then imagine a bunch of 275 lb guys saying they like that single trampoline better, even though in reality, based off of this theory, only 600 lb guys really benefit from it.

Does that line up all the theory with illustrations?

Haha man I'm so lost! I thought I had it figured out last night but you just threw me for a loop. I didn't think about what happens when you can't get to the 2nd spring.

When I watched that Carl video it made sense to me because it sounded like the outer barrel (trampoline) is really flexy and inner barrel (springboard) is really stiff. So you need just enough speed and pressure to push in the outer barrel to make it hit the inner one to rebound off it. If the swing is too hard & fast then it's basically like just hitting off the inner one I think. I'm confused

Normy

Haha man I'm so lost! I thought I had it figured out last night but you just threw me for a loop. I didn't think about what happens when you can't get to the 2nd spring.

When I watched that Carl video it made sense to me because it sounded like the outer barrel (trampoline) is really flexy and inner barrel (springboard) is really stiff. So you need just enough speed and pressure to push in the outer barrel to make it hit the inner one to rebound off it. If the swing is too hard & fast then it's basically like just hitting off the inner one I think. I'm confused
Lol, makes you want to go bounce around on a trampoline though don't it!?