ASA vs Utrip

DR32

Extra Hitter
I mostly play in GLS/USSSA tournaments, but we're playing in a co-sanctioned tournament in a few weeks - ASA and USSSA. We're playing with the Worth Hot Dots and can use either sanctioned bats. I'm currently swinging the utrip EST XL, but just picked up an ASA EST XL... Should I be thinking about swinging the ASA version over the Utrip?

DR32

Extra Hitter
I can hit it pretty well, but never tried to swing two bats at once...:( Plus I'm not playing any ASA prior to the tournament and not taking the time to just go out and take BP with an ASA stick.

since you have both bats, swing them both and make up your own mind

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
They're the same damn bat..... they just are different colors and have different stamps. Might as well sell the ASA one since you're allowed to swing the USSSA one.

DR32

Extra Hitter
That is a false statement...different construction.

They're the same damn bat..... they just are different colors and have different stamps. Might as well sell the ASA one since you're allowed to swing the USSSA one.

The ASA Worth compression tests lower but has a tube floating in the barrel like a monsta bat. I am not sure how much it restricts flex???

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'd try the ASA, but don't know if it has a break in period. Then you can just go back to what you're used to if it doesn't work.