AT18

ffdonnie

Addicted to Softballfans
Anyone put a fair amount of swings on the AT18 yet? What are your thoughts/comparisons?
I swung a buddies 26 yesterday (only two at bats in league), first thought was LIGHT. I will definitely have to go up an oz. It only has 30 swings on it, not broke in, but nothing "special" yet. Compared to my Dudley 13" it is a mid load, which is probably why it feels so light.

Pops34

Part Time Player
I have 200 swings on my 27 and it needs at least another 200. My Dudley OG is still my gamer at this point.

C-DAWG25

Picked up a AT18 2 weeks ago only have about 50 hits on it but its hitting right up there with my Dudley OG. I am feeling that around 150 - 200 hits it should be out hitting it.

2bs-into-1bs

I hit like a little girl.
Finally hit my 28 oz. yesterday. I did not care for it. Felt like I was swinging a wiffleball bat. Didn't feel like any 28 ozer I've ever swung before. I'm sure it was because it's not end loaded enough. Probably is a decent bat, but I don't think I can get use to the loading on it. It'll be on the market here soon.

AutomaticSOB

Senior Status 50+
Definitely swings light. Had been hitting off a tee with into open field and getting good performance and distance but with live pitching this weekend was out front a lot compared to my Suncoast 26.5. Recommend going up one ounce in weight.

westtexas

"Godfather"
My AT 18 didn't get hot until it developed a spiral seam from almost the top to right above the taper. It isn't think or anything but you can see it. Maybe 200 cuts or so with trump balls

Mont 25

Addicted to Softballfans
Lots of interesting takes on this one. I bought mine some time ago, and was able to hit it a couple weeks ago. I prefer an end-loaded bat and this one seems to be more of a mid-load. I am swinging a 28 ounce and the swing is smooth and allows me to hit to all fields and power up for the long ball. For me, the bat was hot out of the wrapper and this surprised me based on the comments I have been reading. Two other teammates hitting the bat had a similar experience. I have only hit it in the cages, but the exit speeds were a pleasant surprise! With less than 30 swings, it was out hitting all of my new bats (Johnny Bailey 28 oz., Demarini Denny Crine 28 oz., Onyx Sr. 29.5 oz.). My current gamer is an Adidas Two-Piece (red) 29.5 ounce, but I will be looking at hitting the AT18 outside to compare the two. I have ordered another to be sure that I did not get a one-off bat, but for now this bat is pushing to be my gamer. Of course, when and if this season starts. I am happy to answer any questions about my experience with the bat.

troung1

Addicted to Softballfans
Anyone put a fair amount of swings on the AT18 yet? What are your thoughts/comparisons?
I swung a buddies 26 yesterday (only two at bats in league), first thought was LIGHT. I will definitely have to go up an oz. It only has 30 swings on it, not broke in, but nothing "special" yet. Compared to my Dudley 13" it is a mid load, which is probably why it feels so light.

I have a couple of 25 oz. with about 400 swings each. Solid bat with good pop...started getting good performance after 100 swings...