Attempting low carbs for a couple of days.

briney11

Addicted to Softballfans
So per my other post, my weight loss has stalled and I've heard several suggestions to do low carbs a couple of days. Well I've been sticking to 1900 calories or less per day since early August and have had very little cravings since week 2 or so. So today I'm at 48 grams of carbs and am going crazy with cravings for stuff I have neither eaten or even wanted to eat since August. Not only that, but I am shaky as all get out. The only carbs I eat are rice, sweet potatoes and the occasional bowl of special k or something like that. Maybe some wheat bread every so often too I guess. But nothing crazy like pizza or doughnuts or anything like that. But that's just what I am craving right now. I don't like this at all.:eek:

bird25

34/30 Club #25
Are you keeping the carbs under 50 per day? I think any change to your diet will take a few days to get used to.

briney11

Addicted to Softballfans
Just for a couple of days then I'll go back to normal for a few days. I was advised to do 2-3 days of low carbs per week.

dafox

Fox in Socks
I'd try increasing total calories to 2400 on the low carb days & training days. I honestly don't know how you've gone that long on only 1900 calories/day. I probably eat 1900 calories before noon. :D
How long you planning on eating 1900/day? I think you're deficit is too big when you added in cardio & training and left your calories the same--- and now you've plateaued. Especially on days when you are training I think you need more calories. Try adding 500 calories a day for a week and see what happens, or add 1 cheat day and see what happens.

I guess my point is --- At first you used your diet and eating below maintenance to achieve weight loss. But now that you've started training, which I think is a huge step in the right direction, you should be eating closer to maintenance and let your training provide the results. It's a more long term plan that can be maintained for life! Your goal should be more about bf% & less about the scale now that your closing in on where your body feels more comfortable. Not to say you can't lose more fat -- It just becomes a slower process now.

Last edited: