avista

jerryg10

Addicted to Softballfans
If we cant get avista this year I would love it if someone was to put something together in a big field. Its by far my favorite tournament of the year. Anyone agree.

MillWoodJones#7

Addicted to Softballfans
I think using the Balls we had out in Medical Lake, on a big field would a fun tournament!! Especially if we were fortunate enough to get it done at Avista...

Brewzer

NW Vinci Rep
Talked to a couple people this weekend, it doesn't sound like we are ever going to get to play at Avista again, but maybe I was told wrong. Pretty sure if it was going to happen we would have heard by now. :(

Avalon06

Addicted to Softballfans
Brewzer, you did not misunderstand. Avalon is still trying to get the use of Avista again (not this year); however, moving forward there may be a way to get this tourney back up and running.

I know no one wants to hear this, but, I will lay out the problems as they now exist. (Some) softball players do not know how to treat something special, special! The first year there were dead spots because guys were drinking on the field and pouring their beer and other adult beverages on he grass and urinating in the dugouts. We were able to work through that and get the second year by paying a significantly higher rental fee and covering lights (total cost about $3300), which meant we made about $550 on the tourney. Second year, people who were not supposed to be in the press booth were there blaring music after 10 pm. There is some type of official/unofficial agreement with people in the area about noise. That is why the Indians start at 6:35 and are usually out by 10 or10:30 except for special nights.

The main problem the second year was that the grounds crew picked up enough cigarette butts off the field to fill a5 gall bucket approximately 4 inches deep. Then the topper; some classy individual went into the tunnel on the visitors side and took a dump.

That is why we're are having such a difficult time getting this back. Stay tuned though, we have not given up and may have a shot at this next year. I am already working on trying to get the return.

Last edited:

Brewzer

NW Vinci Rep
Brewzer, you did not misunderstand. Avalon is still trying to get the use of Avista again (not this year); however, moving forward there may be a way to get this tourney back up and running.

I know no one wants to hear this, but, I will lay out the problems as they now exist. (Some) softball players do not know how to treat something special, special! The first year there were dead spots because guys were drinking on the field and pouring their beer and other adult beverages on he grass and urinating in the dugouts. We were able to work through that and get the second year by paying a significantly higher rental fee and covering lights (total cost about $3300), which meant we made about $550 on the tourney. Second year, people who were not supposed to be in the press booth were there blaring music after 10 pm. There is some type of official/unofficial agreement with people in the area about noise. That is why the Indians start at 6:35 and are usually out by 10 or10:30 except for special nights.

The main problem the second year was that the grounds crew picked up enough cigarette butts off the field to fill a5 gall bucket approximately 4 inches deep. Then the topper; some classy individual went into the tunnel on the visitors side and took a dump.

That is why we're are having such a difficult time getting this back. Stay tuned though, we have not given up and may have a shot at this next year. I am already working on trying to get the return.

I am glad you put this out there. Avista is way too much fun for people to be pulling stupid **** like this. I don't blame them for being apprehensive about allowing us to play there again. I know I have been "buzzed" to put it lightly but the worst thing I ever did was fall off the dugout roof. :D :eek:

Not sure why people feel the need to take a dump in the tunnel or blare loud music when they aren't even supposed to be in the press box to begin with but hopefully we can have one more shot at having this tourney and prove that we can have fun and act respectfully at the same time.

The_Murse

Part Time Player
I think using the Balls we had out in Medical Lake, on a big field would a fun tournament!! Especially if we were fortunate enough to get it done at Avista...

Agreed, half swings were leaving the yard with no problem. Girls hitting walkoff dingers ( happened to us ), would be fun to actually be able to unload and let those things fly.

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
Agreed, half swings were leaving the yard with no problem. Girls hitting walkoff dingers ( happened to us ), would be fun to actually be able to unload and let those things fly.

I unload and let them fly.............EVERY ****ING TIME!!!!. :biggthumpup: