AWS worlds (Vegas)

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
Anyone here playing in this tourny this weekend? Apparently you're allowed to use ANY Dudley ball you want. 75% of teams are using .44 525 ZNs. This is absolutely ludicrous. At BLD it was bombs over Baghdad, and bats were breaking left and right.

Temps in Vegas Thursday and Friday were cold/cool, and those balls felt like bricks.

I'm surprised no one got hurt pitching. I haven't played with balls like that in 10 years.

On a side note, the umping was VERY spotty. One guy said this tourny was the first game(s) he'd ever umped, and it showed. Clueless.

bigwignj

Addicted to Softballfans
Yes I’m here as well. We played a team yesterday hitting 44 525s. The turf is also incredibly fast and there is no bat testing. It’s crazy. Also whenever you hit a homerun if you do not go and get it immediately it’s gone. If you wait an inning, by the time you walk around the back of the field to get it, someone has already snatched all the balls.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
Yes I’m here as well. We played a team yesterday hitting 44 525s. The turf is also incredibly fast and there is no bat testing. It’s crazy. Also whenever you hit a homerun if you do not go and get it immediately it’s gone. If you wait an inning, by the time you walk around the back of the field to get it, someone has already snatched all the balls.

Yeah, I was literally running a marathon fetching balls. Some got taken, but I was able to retrieve most of them. BLD is horribly unforgiving on HR recovery.