Ball field parking

baseman

in your face nancy grace
We play at a park with three fields. In the middle between our softball field and the little league field we have people decide to park. They park 1.5 feet from our outfield fence and the next batter up puts one on the top edge of their tailgate putting a softball shaped dent in. The best part was when she got out and asked what kind of ball we are using. I commented it was a softball. Her comment was priceless. "It wasn't very soft. Look at that dent.". She followed up with saying she didn't think anyone would hit it that far. The next at bat the guy put it into the next field. I hope she has good insurance.

Country469

I went to the grocery store and got a pint of beer and some buffalo crab dip for game of thrones last night. The beer was 9/10, highly recommend, from new belgium, a sour brew. The crab dip made me gassy. My fiance was like, dannnng booo go sleep elsewhere. I didn't. Hope she has a good nose plug. Oh, softball. Asa.

PercyChuggs

I like how people got annoyed by you posting a general slow pitch item on this open slow pitch board. Same guys who complain about the constant "what bat to get" threads.

Joker

i like how people post something that has nothing to do with the topic complaining about other people

legend4130

Addicted to Softballfans
I went to the grocery store and got a pint of beer and some buffalo crab dip for game of thrones last night. The beer was 9/10, highly recommend, from new belgium, a sour brew. The crab dip made me gassy. My fiance was like, dannnng booo go sleep elsewhere. I didn't. Hope she has a good nose plug. Oh, softball. Asa.

Damn bro, a sour brew and buffalo crab dip? I bet those pethos were naaaaaaaasty! I feel for your girl. Lol......

erdy147

Addicted to Softballfans
Not sure why people park a the end of the field...see that a lot. I just laugh when they park at the left field corner just beyond the fence. Hit a cop car with a foul ball one time (Good friend).

bndawgs

President-Elect
i've yet to bust out a window. hit the back of a truck on a bounce while he was driving behind the field once. guy stopped and kept the ball.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
I've probably broken a half dozen car windows (5 windshields and 1 back window). It never fails. People always park in the stupidest spots and act all shocked when balls hit their car. All told I've probably hit about 10-15 cars with balls. Some just left dents.

stork

Rocky Mountain Oyster aka DirtDog
I've probably broken a half dozen car windows (5 windshields and 1 back window). It never fails. People always park in the stupidest spots and act all shocked when balls hit their car. All told I've probably hit about 10-15 cars with balls. Some just left dents.
Parking within 2 blocks of where you are hitting is technically a "stupid" spot.
Legit softball players park in the back row.

chile

Bad Ape
they put a porta john in a dumb spot between two of our fields...i just missed it while someone was in it last night :/

defos

In high school, I'd parallel park as close in behind our covered bleachers as possible. It was almost impossible to hit my pickup on the fly and anything fouled over the backstop would hit the roof of the bleachers and shoot over my truck as it rolled off. All the other parking was along the left field line well within range of a foul ball. All the parking at the fields I play on now is way away from the fields, and I still park in the back row.

2TransAms

Droppin' 280 ft bombs
Years ago someone on the other team broke the back window of a parked car and the owner asked who was going to pay for it; when he determined nobody was going to pay for it he said he was "coming back with a shotgun". Only time I've actually had cops called during a game.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
There's a park in Lexington with a public pool behind the RF fence. I never could get one into it.

Dan240

Addicted to Softballfans
Park out here has a playground between 2 of the fields. Last year I popped one straight up foul. Smacked the slide one the way down, went completely horizontal & smacked a 3yr old in the back of the head. Poor kid went face first into the sand.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
We have one park with a water park behind the LF fence on one field. They put up a 30' net, but I still see balls get hit in there occasionally. Someone's going to get drilled.

I'm already persona non grata at that park for hitting too many balls into there during the winter.

erdy147

Addicted to Softballfans
they put a porta john in a dumb spot between two of our fields...i just missed it while someone was in it last night :/

Man can you imagine someone just relaxing doing their thing then "BAM". Maybe scare the S.... out quicker or maybe not at all?