Banned bat list question

TTBoy77

Forgive me if this has been asked. I tried searching and didn't find what I am looking for.
My question is, I know that on the latest revision of the banned bat list, the Miken Freak is listed, but does that cover every model asa Freak? I see that there are a few asa Freaks which I may be interested in provided that I can play with them. Thanks.

tdkuhl

Forgive me if this has been asked. I tried searching and didn't find what I am looking for.
My question is, I know that on the latest revision of the banned bat list, the Miken Freak is listed, but does that cover every model asa Freak? I see that there are a few asa Freaks which I may be interested in provided that I can play with them. Thanks.

Only the original Freak.

Here is the link for the photo page:
http://usa.asasoftball.com/e/BB1P2000.asp

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
Only the model/models listed are banned..

Assuming you are talking the original asa freak.. That one is not allowed in asa play, the rest of the freaks i.e. F98, turbo and others that have the (freak) name with new stamp are legal unless they have been added to the lust since the last time I've looked at it.. (which has been a long time)lol..

Hope that helps

TTBoy77

Only the model/models listed are banned..

Assuming you are talking the original asa freak.. That one is not allowed in asa play, the rest of the freaks i.e. F98, turbo and others that have the (freak) name with new stamp are legal unless they have been added to the lust since the last time I've looked at it.. (which has been a long time)lol..

Hope that helps
It does. Thanks.

sftblslt76

The Veteran
Anyone know why they added all the Eastons this year? I've used the SCX3 for 12yrs or more and now I cannot. Why did it end up there? Thx to all

Sbrazel21

BAT W#0RE
Anyone know why they added all the Eastons this year? I've used the SCX3 for 12yrs or more and now I cannot. Why did it end up there? Thx to all
Because they last 12 years!!
But seriously, rumor has it, it was so Easton could sell some new stock

fitzpats

AKA - The Anti Ringer
Look for the ASA stamps. The only one with a stamp that's been banned has been the OG Freak. If it's got the ASA 2004 stamp or newer, you're good to go, and is not the OG Freak (Freak 100)

fitzpats

AKA - The Anti Ringer
I'm assuming you're correct, but those OG Synergy lines were getting up there. I know people were complaining about those being too hot like the OG Voltage and the Lady Virus.

Sully

Wanna buy jerseys/rings?
I understand why you say it was a money grab, but the bats we are talking about are 12 years old lol. I'm pretty sure you have your moneys worth out of that $200. And those bats were WAY hotter than 98 MPH when broken in. Most people are good getting 12 months out of a bat.

Country469

bat exceeds the current safety standard. Not sure why that is even a ?. Money grab, sure call it what you want, but they did have point in banning them either way you look at it.

sftblslt76

The Veteran
It doesn't exceed safety standards. Not even close, it's just super durable and a bad ass bat to swing. Mine is ASA tested every year at state and national tourneys, and that's why I asked the question. And that is why it's a money grab, I still buy bats and I have a bag full of Easton bats, ssr2/ssr4/srv6/srv6b/srv4/sp13x2/ a few others but it's an improper way of handling things by Easton, I would like to have a choice in what I want to use or buy. But for them to decide for me is BS, I will post proof it passes safety standards. I did get my use out of it, but it's like your favorite car/pet/T-shirt/etc. I'll guess I'll take advice become a follower and buy the year after year repaint of the exact same bat under the paint, get my 12months out of it and just shut up and take it​

Jusrah99

Outstanding Bad Mudasuka!
Its def not a money grab...everyone that's butt hurt about the OG's being banned should quit playing softball...

Sully

Wanna buy jerseys/rings?
Do you know there is a difference in compression and standard testing?

This hurts me to say, but what Joker said? Your bat passing a compression test doesn't mean it would pass the BBS standards used to certify bats.

Sully

Wanna buy jerseys/rings?
Its def not a money grab...everyone that's butt hurt about the OG's being banned should quit playing softball...

Agreed. Those money grabbing bastards at Easton made me get another bat after only like 12 years. How dare them ask me to spend another $200 after that minor amount of time? Any other bat you would have replaced 4-5 times in that time frame.

If my TV finally dies after fifteen years and it's cheaper to buy a new TV instead of trying to find parts to fix it, I should be really mad at Sony for making a TV that lasts 15 years before it has to be replaced. Those money grabbing bastards!

We should be happy we got that much use out of a $200 bat instead of complaining because we could "only" use it for over a decade.

sleepin4matty

Management Material
It doesn't exceed safety standards. Not even close, it's just super durable and a bad ass bat to swing. Mine is ASA tested every year at state and national tourneys, and that's why I asked the question. And that is why it's a money grab, I still buy bats and I have a bag full of Easton bats, ssr2/ssr4/srv6/srv6b/srv4/sp13x2/ a few others but it's an improper way of handling things by Easton, I would like to have a choice in what I want to use or buy. But for them to decide for me is BS, I will post proof it passes safety standards. I did get my use out of it, but it's like your favorite car/pet/T-shirt/etc. I'll guess I'll take advice become a follower and buy the year after year repaint of the exact same bat under the paint, get my 12months out of it and just shut up and take it​
you gonna do the "standard" ASA testing or just use some sort of compression tester?

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
Finally banned the OG Eastons after years of stupid threads about the rumor. Hahaha, they ban them when it's no longer significant. The decision makers must be from California....

Can't imagine what the thought process was, seems like the only thing it would possibly do is piss off some backwoods bubba's. Now they'll go upgrade to a Miken.

lcky3

Addicted to Softballfans
The only "money grab" there was happened for Demarini, Miken, and Monsta for their overpriced bats and the people dumb enough to pay that. They are laughing all the way to the bank. Value is in the eye of the beholder.

Nowadays, many options to get a bat as hot or nearly as hot as those overpriced bats. Poor Combat got squeezed, hadn't really swung them much as I loved Easton, but who can resist at $50-75 a bat?

I'm not really a great masher, but the ASA Portent I bought for $40 recently w/ 800 hits is cracking 330-340' shots off the tee, and my new dual stamp AV is only 10-15' behind it with only 4-500 hits with only 52s. At what you'd pay for the other bats, you can swing Combat forever if you buy 3 or 4, and Easton is providing returns on them if they break.

Also got a well-used 2012 sy98h recently for $75, so why would I ever complain about the Stealth/Extended/Flex line being banned? Hell, you can get the SRV4 and SSR2 still for really cheap if you liked the old line so much, since no one thinks they have any "value" b/c the new bats are so "hot". Swung the SSR2 I just got recently, it's not even fully broken in, and my best shots hit on the same day as the Portent were only 10-15' behind the Portent.