Barrel Length Preference

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
I prefer the 12" barrel. It puts more of the bats mass away from the knob and even mild end loads, seem to carry more bat speed through impact. Also, at least to me, because there is a shorter surface there is less deflection on impact with the ball, increasing the durability of the bat a bit. If you can find the sweet spot consistently. You can get greater distance out of the 12" than the 13".

clementeunknown

Addicted to Softballfans
I can hit both consistently but I seem to put more mustard on the ball with a short barrel. My all time favorites are the J2U, 15 Kirby, Freak 30, and Combat Portent and Wanted

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
I can hit both consistently but I seem to put more mustard on the ball with a short barrel. My all time favorites are the J2U, 15 Kirby, Freak 30, and Combat Portent and Wanted

I won't put the '15 Kirby among the hotter bats I've swung, but I love the weighting and sweet spot location. Easton got that one right. Substantial endload and an overall great feeling bat.

I'd say the same about the '14 L1.

Jtater_1

I won't put the '15 Kirby among the hotter bats I've swung, but I love the weighting and sweet spot location. Easton got that one right. Substantial endload and an overall great feeling bat.

Solid choices

Jtater_1

I prefer the 12" barrel. It puts more of the bats mass away from the knob and even mild end loads, seem to carry more bat speed through impact. Also, at least to me, because there is a shorter surface there is less deflection on impact with the ball, increasing the durability of the bat a bit. If you can find the sweet spot consistently. You can get greater distance out of the 12" than the 13".
Solid

lukeamdman

I still regret selling my L1.0.