Bat flex cause mis hit?

Softball.com:

Idk what it is but I don't swing the juggy line well. This dates bats to the og juggy, the juice, the j3 and the new juggy. I demoed the new juggy recently and couldn't get the ball to jump off that bat. The next bat I picked up was the new am and I was instantly launching balls. Idk what it is, but there has to be something to it.

Not everyone hits the ball on the sweet spot. Much easier for hitters to find sweet spot on longer balanced barrel

-Six-

Weiner
i dont like flexy bats either. I always forget to slow my hands down through the zone so the whip can do its thing. instead the bat just never catches up to my hands.

Playr4

Coach
Yes, you can flex the handle during your swing before making contact with the ball. Even the one piece bats flexed a little but not as much as a two piece bat. You can have miss hits too. Just like a golf club when everyone went from metal shafts to graphite shaft. A lot of miss hits. Adjustments to swings were made to have a consistent favorable results when striking the ball. Found a post from Robo stating his opinion (just an opinion) about comparing the Z3000 to the OG Z2000. I copied and pasted what he stated.

Robo's opinion about the Z3000:
The difference in the amount of flex in the handle is not extreme. It is not a "whippy" bat. In my experience it is slightly noticeable on mis-hits more so than on balls hit square. The key is not to try and over power the technology. Almost like people used to say about the Ultra 2, the smoother you swing it the better the performance. That's just my opinion. I've had the opportunity to swing both quite a bit

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
Nothing like a golf shaft and any flex a handle incurs pre-contact cannot be detected by the hitter. Shaft flex happens at contact unless you're talking about a wobbly Z or older Easton, that's more of a loose joint than flex though. This thread is getting to be rigoddamndiculous.

Waggs

Addicted to Softballfans
Some swing too hard for different feel/type bats....some bats seem to respond better to a slightly slower swing - which I find very hard to do....but for some who can match their bat speed with an agreeable bat is a match made in heaven....I think it has everything to do with the bat and hitter characteristics matching up......when the ball is mashed with some bats it deadens the swing more prone to knuckle balls where other bats will give the back spin needed for a launch....that is why hitting is so indivualized in many respects......

Now that all makes sense.

-Six-

Weiner
1525690_435578146570374_725576115_n_zpse2c6f3b3.jpg

once you get the new timing down the flex doesn't even matter suckas

Debo03

Addicted to Softballfans

What kills me is that people use these pictures to justify that bats flex before contact...

If this picture were depicting a "bat flex" then said "bat flex" would be occuring at the taper and onto the barrel.. If anyone in their right mind thinks that bats flex at the taper or barrel at any point during the swing....:flypig:

Cavett2ea

Droppin **** since 2K
This post has made me feel extra special as i have no problem hitting 1 piece or 2 piece bats hell i even hit this so called 3 piece pretty well ( just dont like the feel of the Z line). The only time i ever feel any flex is when i miss hit it. For some reason i have a hard time believing the bat could actually cause the miss hit. In this case i do believe it the Indian and not the arrow lol. Anyone that says they cant hit a 2 piece is missin out. Need to get that ish out of your head.:thumb:

-Six-

Weiner
What kills me is that people use these pictures to justify that bats flex before contact...

If this picture were depicting a "bat flex" then said "bat flex" would be occuring at the taper and onto the barrel.. If anyone in their right mind thinks that bats flex at the taper or barrel at any point during the swing....:flypig:

you obviously cannot see the flex that is right in front of your eyes bruh

tomdonohue1

Vandelay Industries

This picture is an optical illusion caused by the angle of view and the way the sun is hitting the bat. The barrel itself looks curved, but that obviously isn't the case.

Spackler

...got that goin for me
There have been plenty of pics on the board showing bat flexing/bending at taper but some are saying its an optical illusion from the camera....is this a whole nother discussion or fact jack?

bdub69

Is a bat P-I-M-P!
Except me...

Seriously, the J3A didn't swing "right" for me. Thought it was flexy because I was suddenly hitting to center field. Maybe the way it is weighted??

No sir, you cannot make a bat flex prior to impact. No shot!