Need Help Bat shows delivered but guy never received it

johnny fitz

Addicted to Softballfans
I sent a new member a bat... It shows delivered. He says that he never received it even though it shows received. What's protocol on this? USPS isn't going to cover me because they did their job they'll say.---- I also am not accusing anyone or anything ... Just stating the facts for some help or advice.

Last edited:

KontrolledKaos2

Softball Guy
Hmmmm tough call on this. I'd hate to say the guy who received it is lying especially if he's a new member with no feedback it's easy to say he's pullin your chain but he may also be a honest guy. Hopefully someone who's gone through something like this can help u. Curious to know myself

bpierce208

Addicted to Softballfans
Without feedback I'd tend not to believe him. Can you prove that you put the correct name/address on the package/label? I had an issue like this a year or so ago with a package of about 10 microfiber shorts. I ended up splitting the cost of the shorts with the buyer, but he had a ton of good feedback also and I had proof that the shipping label was in fact correct. Have him talk to his postal carrier about the package and make sure it was delivered to the correct address.

johnny fitz

Addicted to Softballfans
I have no proof that it was correct address but I copied it off my phone. And he gave me the address. He's going to call the PO tomorrow and try to speak to the carrier somehow. Are there any other steps to try?

bpierce208

Addicted to Softballfans
You can check the tracking also. Call an be sure that when it was scanned upon delivery that the zip code matches the code it is supposed to. If it doesn't then the PO made the mistake and misdelivered.

jhsfive

Outstanding Mutha****er
What's the timeline? I'm asking because I've seen stuff say deliver and it actually was attempted and carrier jumped the gun or also if it's an apt building, etc.

My advice: give it til Monday then swing by your local PO and speak to the manager(or someone whos not busy with a line of people) and give him/her the scoop.

Worse case: ur screwed and hopefully u insured the pckg. USPS will fight tooth and nail before going through a claim.

Best case: mailman falked it up and just checked all of him packages delivered and something went wrong(this actually happens) and the package will surface to your recipient.

Good luck

johnny fitz

Addicted to Softballfans
What's the timeline? I'm asking because I've seen stuff say deliver and it actually was attempted and carrier jumped the gun or also if it's an apt building, etc.

My advice: give it til Monday then swing by your local PO and speak to the manager(or someone whos not busy with a line of people) and give him/her the scoop.

Worse case: ur screwed and hopefully u insured the pckg. USPS will fight tooth and nail before going through a claim.

Best case: mailman falked it up and just checked all of him packages delivered and something went wrong(this actually happens) and the package will surface to your recipient.

Good luck

It's insured... But if they show delivered why would they give me insurance money? It shows delivered at like 11:54 am

stillballin

The Veteran

Good luck

same here... I had a package show delivered but actually not show up until the next day... hopefully this is the case... If it doesn't show by tomorrow maybe giving the guys name will help to see if anyone else has had any history of questionable deals with the person here or on facebook... I would recommend a sig confirmation next time for a member who you are unsure of dealing with, or shipping to a apt, ect... good luck brother...

jhsfive

Outstanding Mutha****er
Because (provided ur dude is telling the truth) the recipient did not receive the package. It's not so cut and dry where the usps is gonna say "it says delivered, f u". There's way more to it. They will investigate. I've dealt w usps on lost,wrongfully delivered, u name it. And they won't just give u the insurance $, they'll refute your(or ur guys) claim that it wasn't received all the way down to them contacting the carrier and the carrier saying "I handed to this dude". Especially if u had it insured.

The truth will surface.

Like the others said above, I think ur dude is FOS.... But if u need some assistance in coming to that conclusion then usps will assist.

Just as a sidebar, I'd make one last contact w the recipient and tell him that ur hitting up usps to do an investigation. This gives him that chance to say "it's all good, the neighbor accidentally got it" wink wink ;)

jhsfive

Outstanding Mutha****er
Honestly, I dont think youre on the hook. Item couldve been stolen from his steps...

If it was insured, I doubt it was just left on the steps... USPS is losing a lot of money and they're not gonna be loose with items they're insuring, trust me.

So, like I said follow my advice above.... Or don't, it's up to u.

AZ Player 55

Addicted to Softballfans
USPS now has GPS tracking. An item can be traced to the exact point it was scanned delivered through google maps. But this can only be done internally by a Postmaster or Manager. Shoot me a PM with the tracking number and I'll see what I can find out in the morning.

skew12

Good luck. This has happened to me a couple times. USPS days delivered, my cameras say otherwise. Neighbor a few houses shows up with package a few days later. USPS says it's not their problem....

jcmichaels42

Addicted to Softballfans
Like some of the others, I've had this happen a few times where the carrier says it's delivered and it doesn't show up until hours later or a day later. I finally called USPS about it and it hasn't happened since.

I would say as long as the buyer is also helping with the process to give it another day or so and see if it shows up.

mossman

That's how we dooze it!
USPS left a small package on my snow covered front steps the other day. Must be too difficult to open the door and throw it in the front porch? By the way it was a video game from Best Buy, so it was small enough that if it had snowed that day it would of been shoveled off the steps and possibly chewed up by snowblower.

ddoubler

Addicted to Softballfans
Sometime when they say its delivered it means they tried to deliver but no one was there to accept. They usually take it back to the office and try to bring it the next mailing day

BigGilly44

The Rookie
Ive had UPS leave a package in the mailroom of my building before. Its a 15x15 foot room with mailboxes and a table. They just set the box on the floor in front of my mailbox. Lucky for me my neighbor grabbed it and gave it to me. I assume UPS and other delivery company are stretching their drivers thin. They get to the address they dont see it needs to be signed for. They drop it off and take off to one of the next hundred stops. They dont care about your package.

Sign on delivery! Or nothing.

johnny fitz

Addicted to Softballfans
Post office has confirmed delivery with satellite coordinates and scan information. Doesn't look good.

stillballin

The Veteran
Post office has confirmed delivery with satellite coordinates and scan information. Doesn't look good.

this sucks... guess the next step is to confirm the buyer is not trying to scam you... I know you are trying to do what is right and I don't think you could have done anymore than what most do when shipping... maybe a mod could help with what to do next...

KontrolledKaos2

Softball Guy
There's nothing u can do. You did your part u shipped to the correct address post office confirmed delivery with satellite. Your good. He's either lying or someone robbed the bat from his porch. Both on him.

johnny fitz

Addicted to Softballfans
It was 100% confirmed that it was scanned at satellite location and satellite coordinates are the exact house. It's pretty clear in pictures I was provided that it reached its destination in some capacity. It says left on porch in postmaster report too. I did insure it. I was told the bat reached its destination and it is not insured for theft from the location of delivery. (Which I agree with)...