Bat testing similar to golf machines

juicemtl

Not sure if this exists... But I thought it would be a great idea to create a bat test similar to those of golf clubs/ball testing.
Basically to have a machine that holds the bat and can keep a perfect bat head speed and angle to hit a ball off a tee, to see exact distances certain bats can achieve.

This would be a great way to see which bats have that extra pop or distance.

For example: you could have a bat at 26 oz and 30oz swing at the exact same bat speed by adjust the machine, to see how much pop each have.

Would also be great to compare companies and different bats against one another.

For example: miken freak 30 vs dc41 (in the exact same oz) to see which bat can hit the same ball further...

A lot of YouTubers review bats, but so much more comes into play with live pitching, weather conditions, and of course the “batter”

It would be great to take away all those variables and to have straight forward bat testing that is exactly the same swing speed and angle, to see which bats can hit the ball further with the exact same variables.

I know golf club machines can show these kind of results, could be great in softball bat and ball testing also.

Hope that wasn’t too confusing...

Thoughts?

tonys1

Not sure if this exists... But I thought it would be a great idea to create a bat test similar to those of golf clubs/ball testing.
Basically to have a machine that holds the bat and can keep a perfect bat head speed and angle to hit a ball off a tee, to see exact distances certain bats can achieve.

This would be a great way to see which bats have that extra pop or distance.

For example: you could have a bat at 26 oz and 30oz swing at the exact same bat speed by adjust the machine, to see how much pop each have.

Would also be great to compare companies and different bats against one another.

For example: miken freak 30 vs dc41 (in the exact same oz) to see which bat can hit the same ball further...

A lot of YouTubers review bats, but so much more comes into play with live pitching, weather conditions, and of course the “batter”

It would be great to take away all those variables and to have straight forward bat testing that is exactly the same swing speed and angle, to see which bats can hit the ball further with the exact same variables.

I know golf club machines can show these kind of results, could be great in softball bat and ball testing also.

Hope that wasn’t too confusing...

Thoughts?

you got hit 1 too many times with that 105L bro

etnstudios

Addicted to Softballfans
i hate when people have untitled opinions. i would also prefer subtitles so i can tell what they're saying when they mumble

ulfius

ASA Pitcher
You'd need a heck of a lot of softballs to be accurate. As soon as you use one a few times, it won't be the same as when it was new. You'd also need to find the exact spot of the sweetspot for each bat.

I work a few buildings over from where they do the ASA bat testing and it's quite the setup. A climate controlled room with lots and lots of softballs that they pre-test, then fire through a laser measured chamber at a stationary bat. The lasers first measure the ball speed, then measure the return speed of the ball. They fire at many spots on the bat to make sure they get a true performance measurement. They break in the bat, then retest it.