Bats in a dugout

MaMaLuLu

Addicted to Softballfans
used to carry 4 extendeds. realized they were worth more than my car. now i carry only two. theyre still worth more than my car

squirt

strokin and swingin
I can see owning 6 of the same bat, but bringing them all to a game seems odd.

But my bet, rather than cheating (even though it's a possibility), it's more likely that he just thinks he looks cool by bringing all of those bats to the game.

You never know, he might have been using his teammates to help him break them in...

Seriously I am really thinking about getting a few more of those Salvos... They really are sick once broken in... and once they're gone, they're gone!!!!

Saw this at our games yesterday morning....

Dude walked up to field with 4 salvos in his bat pack and 2 more in his hands..all his. 6 total salvos :eek::eek::confused:

Some were obviously shaved as he cracked one mid at bat and switched to another and we're hitting rockets. It's ok we swept them :rolleyes:

Bringing me to my question.....does anyone carry more than 2 of the same bat to game? Ever seen a team or player with that many of the same bat?

The 2 bats in his back pocket make me laugh "every tine"...

Last edited by a moderator:

huzzdog

retired
i don't carry any bats to the game... league they are supplied and weekends they go in the bucket and they bring em to the fields

TRaj2327

There was a stretch where I was bringing my gamer Stadium and Legend as well as a backup for each. That doesn't fall anywhere near the category this guy was in though.

baldgriff

Lead Oompah Loompah....
Bringing your new bats and letting other guys swing is a great way to get them broken in..... Some guys bring 6 bats others bring 0..

Gerdass

Addicted to Softballfans
My point wasn't about how many he owns, it's what he's bringing to the park. It's bringing 6 of the exact same bat to a game. That seems more showoff-ish than anything. He can't even fit them in his bag, so he carries two more?

Bring 2 or 3 if you are going to pass them around and break them in. Not 6.

And if I had that many, I would still have a couple in the wrapper in case I wanted to trade them or something. Is it necessary to be breaking in 6 at the same time? I mean, you have a gamer, a backup, and then what, maybe 2 you are in the process of breaking in? I would leave the others in the wrapper until one blew up and needed to break it in. And I would definitely leave them at home if I couldn't even fit them in the damn bag....

ATL Rookie

Manager
It seems like everyone is being accused of cheating now, just because the guy can get the ball out of the infield.

Because cheating is so common, it is easy to assume anyone that shows better than normal skills is just cheating.

Look at the people saying the Long Haul Bombers are just swinging "players model" sticks. There are hundreds of vids online of the bombers hitting these bombs in regular sanctioned events, yet still all the talk.

go5586

Addicted to Softballfans
My point wasn't about how many he owns, it's what he's bringing to the park. It's bringing 6 of the exact same bat to a game. That seems more showoff-ish than anything. He can't even fit them in his bag, so he carries two more?

Bring 2 or 3 if you are going to pass them around and break them in. Not 6.

And if I had that many, I would still have a couple in the wrapper in case I wanted to trade them or something. Is it necessary to be breaking in 6 at the same time? I mean, you have a gamer, a backup, and then what, maybe 2 you are in the process of breaking in? I would leave the others in the wrapper until one blew up and needed to break it in. And I would definitely leave them at home if I couldn't even fit them in the damn bag....

Exactiy what I was thinking.