Bats with Titanium sleeves?!?

efigueroa12

Addicted to Softballfans
Is this the new thing now? I seen a guy on Craig's. That post theses bats with a titanium sleeve. Saying it will out hit any bat out there. And more durable then any other bat on the market! Saying it will last years! For the low price of $400... Used with 40 swings lol!! Anyone hear of this before?

What do you think? I call BS!

Last edited:

rocheleros23

Outstanding Bad Dealer
Lol I'm from AZ too . And I seen this on Craigslist and I was like what the hell . I just wanna swing this one time lol

rocheleros23

Outstanding Bad Dealer
Lol yea it's crazy . I wanted to just text him and tell him he'll never sell that lol but I call BS on it . Cause that has to restrict the walls from flexing .

longspear

Addicted to Softballfans
people around here used to take out the sleeves in ultras and freaks and put them into the F98

dychen

Phoenix SuperDraft
That Avarice sucked so bad they had to put a Ti sleeve in it. Which begs the question why is this in the Demarini Forum? Should obviously be in the Combat section. ;)

So the ping sound of the Ti sleeve won't be a dead giveaway that it's not a composite bat? If some fool breaks out that Avarice at an USSSA tournament in AZ everyone's going to know what is going on.

pkc31887

Addicted to Softballfans
I am not defending this bat but I do know that Miken had that titanium bat a few years ago (TI-80 is the name I think) and it sounded just like composite. So that ping sound might not really be an issue.

gelliott

Addicted to Softballfans
If u search on google i dont know the website its been so long but its proven that a composite bat out performs any other material bat that has been made to date (which the study was done a few yrs ago ) so putting a ti sleeve in it will restrict the composite fibers from flexing to the max performance ...

fierce_gt

Addicted to Softballfans
my thoughts:
-didn't they put titanium sleeves in a few post-abi asa bats to prevent them from breaking in and getting too hot?
-funny how something can both be 'way hotter' and 'not even close to failing compression testing' at the same time
-if the point of this is durability, there's plenty of legal options
-yes I want to try it to see if it's a dud or a stud, haha

hwood

RESIDENT STUD
That Avarice sucked so bad they had to put a Ti sleeve in it. Which begs the question why is this in the Demarini Forum? Should obviously be in the Combat section. ;)

So the ping sound of the Ti sleeve won't be a dead giveaway that it's not a composite bat? If some fool breaks out that Avarice at an USSSA tournament in AZ everyone's going to know what is going on. That would make it just like every 7/10 bats in tucson.

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
Really hard to say how it will perform without knowing the specs. Any material can be made thicker/thinner or cured differently to have different characteristics.

d-wreck7

Addicted to Softballfans
I am the Owner of this bat. If you read the description of the bat you would have read that I took out half the composite from the inside and put a thin piece of titanium sleeve back in it. It hits bombs. We tested it in BP with an upper team at 45 degree weather and they took 400 swings and it out performed everyone else's bat. It held up perfectly because the Titanium won't break or dent. Solid. I hit it myself and I believe that the bat is between a good ASA only bat and a good shaved composite only bat. It may get better if the composite gets even more broken. We did roll it first before putting the Titanium sleeve in. Titanium is amazing stuff. It has incredible memory and rebound, especially when made really thin. The way it is right now it is definitely better than a stock bat that's even been rolled good. It will pass the compression test no problem because we tested it and it past like a stock bat out of the wrapper. $400 is really a good price when you consider how much time and money is spent to do one of these bats and Titanium is not cheap. You're going to spend $400 on a bat when you pay to have it rolled and shaved but then it won't last very long. This Titanium sleeve bat should last a long time. Also it sounds just like a composite bat because the composite is on the outside and I put a good solid Polyurethane plug back in the bat just like the manufacture. I promise you cannot tell the difference in the sound. If it was in an aluminum bat then maybe but not a composite bat. If you have questions then email me at and you will remain anonymous.

You won't last long here bud. Take your garbage bats somewhere else nobody in their right mind would ever spend 400 on that. I'd be willing to put money on it that an Asa only Demarini would still outhit this turd. Stay on craigslist with all the other ***** bat doctors ******.

Last edited by a moderator:

ScootDog

Rather be surfing
I am the Owner of this bat. If you read the description of the bat you would have read that I took out half the composite from the inside and put a thin piece of titanium sleeve back in it. It hits bombs. We tested it in BP with an upper team at 45 degree weather and they took 400 swings and it out performed everyone else's bat. It held up perfectly because the Titanium won't break or dent. Solid. I hit it myself and I believe that the bat is between a good ASA only bat and a good shaved composite only bat. It may get better if the composite gets even more broken. We did roll it first before putting the Titanium sleeve in. Titanium is amazing stuff. It has incredible memory and rebound, especially when made really thin. The way it is right now it is definitely better than a stock bat that's even been rolled good. It will pass the compression test no problem because we tested it and it past like a stock bat out of the wrapper. $400 is really a good price when you consider how much time and money is spent to do one of these bats and Titanium is not cheap. You're going to spend $400 on a bat when you pay to have it rolled and shaved but then it won't last very long. This Titanium sleeve bat should last a long time. Also it sounds just like a composite bat because the composite is on the outside and I put a good solid Polyurethane plug back in the bat just like the manufacture. I promise you cannot tell the difference in the sound. If it was in an aluminum bat then maybe but not a composite bat. If you have questions then email me at and you will remain anonymous.

Nobody spends 4 bills to roll and shave a bat........you are a ****ing idiot.

dttruax

Addicted to Softballfans

:ban: :wtf2: :banned:

hwood

RESIDENT STUD
Hey smart guy what happens when some pitcher gets hurt cause of that bat? You ok with that you piece of trash? Why do you feel the need to cheat? What if the person who gets hurt and is injured seriously? You think of any of this when your cutting the bat to compensate for the fact that you suck

fierce_gt

Addicted to Softballfans
Really hard to say how it will perform without knowing the specs. Any material can be made thicker/thinner or cured differently to have different characteristics.

good point. i mean for all we know that 'titanium sleeve' will be totally dead

efigueroa12

Addicted to Softballfans
I still believe a stock J3a will out hit this bat! I think I'll take my chance with a stock bat when batting. No need to hurt anyone

cyoung187

Coach

Next time you wake up go find a bridge to jump off of. K thx bye.

mattun

Internet Tough Guy
I'm betting it's not titanium, could be CU31 for all we know. Titanium is expensive. I actually don't think you want a durable inner wall anyway (the only reason these bats would perform is the shave). Like when people were messing with PSTs, they were punching holes in it so that it would actually flex and not just be reinforcement so the outer wall didn't dent.

TurboLumpy

Hum it in there
You're just an incredible piece of ****.

dychen

Phoenix SuperDraft

Honestly, if you are going to go through all this trouble and stand behind your "product" why not just do it the legitimate way? It isn't that hard to find a factory in Asia that'll produce you a bunch of composite bats with your own logo that you can modify with your sleeve. Then you can go pay a fee have it "tested" by an association since it'll pass compression and a new product is born.

I'm all for free enterprise but you are doing it the wrong way by altering an existing bat from another manufacturer.

Jallennh

Very First Factory Hitter
I think I know where those ti sleeves might have come from, but he would have had to take ALOT our of the bat to get that sleeve in there. Either way, I do not think such thin layers of composite would hold up after the mod. In either case, it comes down to how thick that sleeve is in relation to performance.