Batting gloves

CountryBoy

Addicted to Softballfans
Ive read here how guys wear a batting glove under their fielding gloves to save the liner. What kind of batting gloves do y'all use? My normal padded Franklins are far to thick and bulky to be comfortable.

mr.augie

Head Ball Coach
Mizuno makes an "under glove" specifically for that purpose.. it's pretty stupid looking though imo ..just raw dog it ..by the time you burn through a liner from hand sweat, the rest of the glove is likely to be shot anyway

Captain10

E skills playing D Ball
Mizuno makes an "under glove" specifically for that purpose.. it's pretty stupid looking though imo ..just raw dog it ..by the time you burn through a liner from hand sweat, the rest of the glove is likely to be shot anyway

This right here. The sun, dirt, diving, tobacco juice break down a glove quicker than the sweat from my hand can. I also tape my wrist to keep sweat from my arm from running into my glove.

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
I disagree strongly. I can always tell a glove that's been sweated in a lot. Get ursekf a thinner batting glove to wear under the fielding glove

Just Ron

Addicted to Softballfans
For me it's more about a snug fit than saving the liner but I get the point. I wear a set of palm padded Eastons and they're great with my fielding glove.

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
It feels weird having a batting glove on in there

Yes it really can, when I first started playing again after 20 years it took some getting used to. But after playing catch w a few guys that smoke the ball into my cheap old unpadded glove I adapted. I been wearing a thin Demarini on my fielding hand and just changed my throwing hand from a Spyderz to a new Vinci #5, an awesome new design batting glove. Gonna wear the #5s both hands in BP. I also have some thinner gloves made I got through Eric Wu and again like them under my fielding glove but want thicker on my RH and on both:) in BP. F u wanna exchange opo hand batting gloves? ;)